Vermillion City
116 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the giant Dragonite left, Oak asked his Dragonite what conversation did he have.

According to Dragonite, the giant Dragonite was in a long slumber. After waking up he found that there all of his companions were gone and he was alone. 

That is why he searched for someone as he was lonely. The giant Dragonite said that Oak’s Dragonite and Bagon reminded him of his companions so he gave Bagon a gift as he was young.

Aoki was first confused about the thing Dragonite did with Bagon but he was relieved after hearing Oak’s Dragonite’s reply.

Dragonite didn’t bring up the fact that the giant Pokemon gave a different reaction to seeing Aoki. 

Aoki looked towards the object that was dropped which he recognized as a large piece of dragon fang overflowing with dense dragon energy. 

Aoki decided to let Bagon absorb the energy from the dragon fang over time.

Due to Clefairy translating for him Aoki got to know that the total energy reserves of Bagon had almost doubled. 

Bagon told that he has information about a move but cannot do it as it requires a massive amount of Dragon-type energy. 

Aoki thought for a few seconds and made a conclusion that the move must have been Draco meteor or Outrage as both are very strong dragon-type move that requires a large amount of dragon-type energy.

Bagon whispered something to Clefairy who spoke inside Aoki’s mind. 

[Master the giant Pokemon left a message for you.

‘Soon there would be a day where we shall fight alongside each other’ ] 

‘That’s an awfully strange message, did I remind him of someone from the past or is there some other reason’. Aoki wondered but there were no clues that could let hit to an answer. 

‘I remember Ho-Oh gave Ash a Rainbow wing as a Token to challenge him…is it similar…no Dragonite said battle alongside him not against him…sigh whatever it’s no use thinking.’ 

*******

All of them entered back to the Lighthouse to make a record of everything they saw. 

“I have a theory professor Oak,” said Aoki.

“I call it the hollow earth theory.

I believe that the interior of our planet is hollow where prehistoric Pokemon and Species like giant Dragonite live freely. 

The energy on the surface is not enough to let a Pokemon get to that size and if more Pokemon like Dragonite existed, we would be aware as such a large Pokemon will cause a food shortage.

The place the Dragonite was resting must be similar to the hollow earth I told about there is a large amount of energy to support his size. “

“Interesting, I never thought of that. How did you reach that conclusion Aoki” asked Oak 

“You must have read the reports of signs of prehistoric Pokemon living underground. 

I thought that what if there were a lot of channels that connected to the surface and the hollow earth where the prehistoric Pokemon lived freely 

The place from where the Pokemon was found must be one of those tunnels.”

“Your theory makes a lot of sense. I will try to investigate his matter. If what you said comes true, this thing cannot be revealed to the outside world at any cost.” said Oak.

The theory came to Aoki from another fact that this version of Earth was at least 10 times larger than his previous life so there are more chances of his theory being true.

“There was another reason for me claiming that there is a very strong energy source. 

Remember the weapon of the Kalos region that was made by a Kingdom 3000 years ago? “ 

“That weapon that was rumored to be able to destroy the entire region? I had gone to see the weapon years back but didn’t find anything note-worthy except it having a fancy design. It didn’t react to any type of energy.” Oak said.

“What if that kingdom found a way to harness that power and used it to create the weapon?

 The last record of the kingdom said that it had faced a calamity and was on the verge of getting destroyed. What if it was nature’s way of telling us that we should not take that step” Aoki said. 

“You mean to say is we can find and research about the energy but never try to use it right? ” Bill asked.

“Yes, I mean the same” 

“Don’t worry Aoki, I would never reveal today’s meeting to the outside world. 

Today we saw one Titan, what if there are multiple titans and somehow we anger them with our curiosity. 

These Titans have the power to flatten the world and would be best unprovoked.” Oak said. 

Aoki, Oak, and Bill discussed a lot that night.

The next morning Aoki and Misty decided to continue their journey toward Vermillion city while Oak decided to stay in the lighthouse for a while. 

“The battle for the thunder badge would be very difficult. Did you think of any strategy for Misty?” asked Aoki.

“I was thinking about skipping this gym. I heard that the ace of the gym leader is a Raichu and ends every battle with one move. 

Gyarados is too big and would not be able to dodge the attacks. Slowpoke is weak while Azumarill doesn't have a very good move set. Only Staryu and Starmie stand a chance. “

Aoki Lt.Surge turned out to be the same as the anime then Misty had no chance against that monster of a Raichu. 

The only option was to outspeed Raichu, note that ‘if ‘ things were the same as anime.

“You should at least try the gym battle, you can strategize after seeing my match,” said Aoki.

“That sounds good, well that reminds me you have been very busy with training.

 Take some time off and let your pokemon take some rest too. You always take me care of so let me take care of you for once “

It was true that did overwork himself over the past week. From cooking a large amount of food to researching ways to improve his Pokemon and new strategies. 

Apart from training he also has to improve the quality of his food every day to maximize the energy gained from it. 

Although not like Bill, Aoki has some marks under his eyes.

The recent upgrade to Bagon’s dragon energy has also increased the need for nutritious food and suitable training. 

Just like people said, raising a dragon-type pokemon is the hardest of all Pokemon.

Aoki and Misty finally reached Vermillion City after a journey of 15 days since Cerulean City.

The city was like the other cities themed on the color of the gym badge which was yellow. 

There were a lot of buildings related to tourism and business due to this city being the main center of overseas trade. 

Many people could be seen on the road carrying cargo and goods. 

This city was mostly filled with businessmen and workers than normal workers.

 Total inhabitants were around the same as Cerulean city. 

Cerulean and Pewter city had a strange calmness but this city felt more alive as a lot of people were on the roads. There was always some sort of noise, be it horns from cars or vendors selling something. 

Due to this the market of this city was large too which sold everything from Pokemon to portions.

As the crime rate will increase due to all these factors more people from the Police force were stationed at different places in the large city. 

Same as always Misty booked a hotel for them to stay in. Aoki now had some money to spare so he decided to go on a shopping spree with Misty. 

First of all, they bought new clothes and shoes, then some portions and full heals.

Aoki looked at the TMs but all of them seemed overpriced to Aoki, so decided to buy them from the researcher alliance. 

Misty went back to the hotel while Aoki visited the researcher alliance. 

There he found that his order for Kings rock was ready; he browsed through the TMs and brought two TMs for a brick break for Bagon and Chameleon finally Dig for Nidorino.

Clefairy could copy brick break from them with the combination of mimic and Copycat. 

Aoki went to the Pokemon center and fixed a date for his Gym battle after 3 days. As expected the gym was full of worried trainers that got thrashed by Lt. Surge.

All of them called Surge a demon or monster for not showing mercy.

 Aoki looked at the injuries of the Pokemon and found that Pokemons were injured to a degree that they would recover only after 3-4 days. 

None of the Pokemon had injuries that would have a lasting effect or cause problems later on. 

Every official Gym in the Kanto region was to teach trainers a lesson 

The pewter gym was to show the reality of Gym battles

The cerulean gym was to teach trainers to fight in an unfavorable environment 

And finally, Vermillion Gym was to teach trainers when to give up. If the trainers of the injured Pokemon stopped the match beforehand, their pokemon wouldn't have suffered.

Aoki investigated more about the gym from nurse Joy. 

He got to know that Lt.Surge has a total of 6 Pokemon registered for gym matches out of which he mainly uses 3 Pokemon depending upon his mood.

They are Pikachu, Electrode, Magnamite, Magneton, Electabuzz, and finally Raichu. Out of the three, Raichu is the strongest followed by Electabuzz. 

Surge never revealed his elite stage Pokemon as he never found any trainer worthy to face against his ace. 

Aoki head that Lt Surge may give one-on-one matches to trainers who are trying again and managed to defeat his 2 pokemon and lost to his last Pokemon earlier. 

The information that surprised him most was that the last time the thunder badge was given to someone on their first try was two years ago after that no trainer has managed to defeat him yet on his first try. 

‘Time to become that trainer this year’ 

 

5