Chapter 62 (volume 3)
2.1k 19 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(this chapter was posted without my editor, I have not been able to contact him. if you find any grammatical errors please let me know and i will correct them.)

Griseo was now inside a huge dark room with a circular table in the center. Only this table received lighting, on this table were the surviving MANTIS from the Previous Era that have survived to this day.

"Griseo, could you explain to us why you didn't say anything about Ryusuke?"

Mobius who was on the other side of the table asked with a curious smile. Her eyes glittered with great interest. Mobius was a difficult person to read at times.

Even being glared at by Mobius, Griseo still maintained a calm expression.

"If I had told you about Ryu-chan... What would you have done, Aunt Mobius?" Griseo spoke in his calm way.

Mobius had a slight twitch in his smile. After all, even though 50,000 years have passed, she still feels uncomfortable being called an aunt.

Even to this day, she curses a certain pink-haired elf for teaching Griseo to call her Auntie.

When Mobius was about to answer Griseo's question, someone else spoke.

"You would probably try to put him in some insane experiment, wouldn't you, Mobius?"

A female voice with little emotion was heard through them.

Griseo and Mobius looked in the direction of the woman who spoke.

She had short light green hair, dark green eyes. She was wearing a simple green dress and a white doctor's coat over the dress. She had two feline ears on top of her hair. She had a dull and slightly cold expression on her face as if she didn't care at all.

"Kal'tsit, do you really think I would do that to Ryusuke? I didn't even act against the first two Herrschers that appeared in this era. So how can you say that I would do that to Ryusuke?" Mobius asked with a fake crying face, as if she was a victim of slander.

"You just didn't act against those two because their powers didn't interest you. You certainly wouldn't be so passive in front of Ryusuke." Kal'tsit spoke in his disinterested tone.

"Haha you really know me Kal'tsit. I wouldn't expect less from my talented assistant. *sigh* During the times you were my assistant things were much easier to work with." Mobius let out a nostalgic little laugh.

But despite the nostalgia, Mobius has not forgotten about Griseo.

"But back to the subject, how did you know where Ryusuke was? And it's no use saying it was a coincidence because after all you're in the same school and in the same class as him. It's too much of a coincidence, don't you think?" Mobius asked.

"..."

Griseo didn't know what to say in that situation. For a few seconds she was silent until she decided to speak.

"It was through the files Su sent me." Griseo simply replied.

"Oh, so Su contacted you? When was that?" Mobius asked.

"During the second Honkai eruption of this era." Griseo.

"Ara, so after 1500 years inside the Sea of ​​Quanta he decided to show up and send us some data. Let me guess, Ryusuke is involved with the Valuka project, right? So tell me, what is Ryusuke going to do? do in the records of this parallel world?" Mobius asked with a curious smile.

"I can't talk... Su asked me to keep it a secret." Griseo spoke with a calm expression.

"Griseo..."

When Mobius was about to question Griseo further he was interrupted by an excited and haughty voice.

"Well, well, Mobius don't be so persistent about it. Like magic I can understand that sometimes it's necessary to wait for the right moment to tell the audience about your act, so don't pick on her too much, all right? "

"Vill-V..." Mobius just mumbled the name of the woman he spoke now.

The woman who spoke just now was Vill-V, she is one of the surviving MANTIS from the Previous Era. Her clothing resembles the steampunk style, having many similarities such as the gear decorations on her outfit and the color scheme. She has medium length hair, with one side being blonde and the other being brown. She has one braid on the side of her hair and four braids, with two braids on each side. She has light brown eyes with fuchsia accents. She wears a dark brown top with puff sleeves and wears dark brown gloves. She also wears a dark brown corset with dark brown shorts. Vill-V wears a dark brown thigh-high garter belt, dark brown striped stockings, and dark brown high-top boots. As accessories, she wears a dark brown top hat, with various gear designs, along with a dark brown headband with two gear decorations on the side.

"Well, I have to admit I was surprised to learn that Ryusuke exists in this era, but I don't think it's a good idea for us to approach him. We don't want him to become like the second Herrscher of this era, right? That's why I I think it's better to watch things unfold from afar. Don't you agree, Mobius?"

Vill-V spoke with an excited smile. It could be said that it wasn't just Vill-V that had this opinion. Other MANTIS also thought so although they didn't say anything.

"Tsk, it's fine, I won't get involved with Ryusuke. Are you satisfied now?" Mobius responded sullenly.

Although she still hasn't given up on the idea of ​​meeting Ryusuke, she's going to keep quiet for now. After all, she doesn't want to create any reason for the others to go back on the deal they made about Project STIGMA.

'For now I have to be patient, sooner or later I'll have an opportunity to get closer to Ryusuke. The perfect body and the core of Corruption, once I have both I can finally guarantee the evolution of humanity. I can't wait to meet you, Ryusuke.'

Mobius had no intention of giving up on Ryusuke and the other MANTIS who were in the meeting knew that very well but they wouldn't do anything until Mobius made a move.

After that the meeting continued with other important matters. Ryusuke's name was not mentioned later so as not to create any further problems, although it wasn't just Mobius that would try to meet with him, the other MANTIS also plan to meet with Ryusuke, each of them with their own goals in mind.

"So that spider is still dormant in South America? Good thing that spider didn't wake up with all the mess the second Herrscher did, or else all of humanity would be ruined. Reed, thank you for your report." Kal'tsit spoke in her calm, cool tones.

"It wasn't a big deal, it was just the same boring task as it's been for the last 5,000 years."

A girl with long straight platinum blonde hair reaching down to her waist, light green eyes, she also had four horns on her head, 2 on the front and 2 on the sides of her head, as well as black lizard pants with the tip on fire. Her chest region also had a faint orange glow as if there was a flame there.

She spoke in a bored tone.

"Reed take your job more seriously. If that thing wakes up it'll be the end of the world." Kal'tsit spoke in a tone of disapproval of Reed's attitude.

"Not that it makes much difference anyway, after all two decades from now the Final Herrscher will emerge, will it?" Reed spoke in a sarcastic and despondent tone.

*Sigh*

Kal'tsit heaved a sigh at Reed's behavior, but she didn't say another word about it.

"With that this meeting is adjourned. Everyone is to return to their posts and continue with their duties." Kal'tsit spoke as she collected some papers.

"Griseo, for the time being you will continue to be Ryusuke's classmate. You just need to send us reports about what happens there. Other than that you can act as you have done until now." Kal'tsit spoke.

No one objected to Kal'tsit's words, for all had the same intention. Melantha breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that Griseo had not received any punishment for what she had done.

When all the MANTIS were about to leave the room a black figure entered the room.

"I apologize for breaking in suddenly but there is something I must report." The figure spoke in a polite and respectful tone to all the MANTIS in the room.

"What happened, Gray?" Mobius asked with a slight frown at his subordinate's arrival at this time. It was not normal for him to enter the meeting room.

Who entered was the Gray Serpent. He is a direct subordinate of Mobius. He is wearing a black jacket that covers his body, his arms are robotic prostheses, he wore a mask that only showed a glowing red eye on the right side.

"Mobius-sama, a few minutes ago I received information from my other self who is observing Nagazora City from afar, he detected a slight and momentary increase in frequency Honkai energy from a Herrscher." Gray Serpent spoke in a gentlemanly tone.

"Oh, so that Herrscher energy sign is Ryusuke's?" Mobius asked with an interested smile.

"No, this Herrscher energy signal originated from the Conquest Gem that is housed within Raiden Mei. She came into contact with him 30 minutes ago and now she shows little atypical signs in her behavior." Gray Serpent spoke.

That news was like lightning in the room.

[Scene change]

Meanwhile with Ryusuke.

He was in a diner sitting at a table. With him was another person sitting at the table.

'You piece of shit!!! I don't care if she's a Herrscher too, let me out of here to kill that bitch!!!'

The Corruption Herrscher was screaming frantically in Ryusuke's mind. Which was clearly pretty nasty for the kid.

'Fuck! Why did you throw such a bomb in my direction, Raiden Ryoma?!' Ryusuke was cursing the person who started this whole chaotic situation.

"Hey damn..."

At that moment the girl beside Ryusuke spoke in a cold and authoritative tone. Her purple eyes were shining and wouldn't stop staring at Ryusuke.

"What exactly are you?" She asked.

************

Author's note: hello my dear readers how are you? First I wanted to apologize for the delay in making this chapter, the problem was that I had an imaginary block in my mind, I couldn't find the motivation to write the chapter. And today I felt super motivated to do it.

I want to announce that I won't give up writing this fanfic. Some of you may already know that I decided to write a reboot of my Douluo fanfic, right? I will write both, but don't expect chapters very often as it all depends on my motivation and inspiration to make the chapters.

I also want to say that I'm going to focus on Nero Fest for the next few days, I can't miss the opportunity to get a materials farm.

About MANTIS, I'll just say that not all MANTIS have been introduced yet, some more will appear in the future.

And did anyone out there notice the reference to the spider that was mentioned in the chapter?

Thank you for your understanding. And I wish everyone a good farm.

I'll also show you two images I made in the image generator. I hope you like it.

46