CH-1
1.2k 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a pleasant evening in the city of New York. The roads were buzzing with cars, the sun was half set, workers returning home after a long tiring day, housewives picking up their children, students running out of school, criminals planning for their jobs at night, some heros on the watchout.

But I found myself in a house away from the city sounds wondering 'How the fuck did I ended up here?'.

Let me brief you the situation.

My name is Zen, I have long forgotten my last name so don't bother about it, 

I was an ordinary boy with ordinary parents if you leave their job as doctors out.

One day like every other after finishing my dinner with family and giving my mother her goodnight kiss, I went to sleep but when I woke up I was in a different place, a different world. The Murim world.

A barbaric world run by the law of the jungle, 'You either fight and dominate or hide and evaporate', truly a quote I took to heart.

Try imagine a 14 year old kid living in a modern society to run around the murim. It was beyond hell in my first years, thankfully on a near dying incident I awakened a system.

It didn't pressure me to do things or paved my future, it gave me rewards if I train myself or achieve a certain thing it says. With the help of it I ascended to the realm of master at an unprecedented rate while earning a name for myself in the process.

'The Heavenly Demon,'

I got that because of my principle of not allying with any of the sects and factions, I would participate in any martial tournaments and crush each of my opponent's will and bone with pure strength.

Because of my indifference, the sects started to send their assassin squads to end me worrying about the possibility of turning against them and that was their biggest mistake. I never wanted to fight them but they started it and I had to end it.

Getting tired of the attempts they made on my life as there is only so much I can do, I made a decision to wipe out every sect that stood against me and the first step of that.

Create a sect of my own, a sect made of misfits and those abandoned and disgusted by society. The Demonic Sect, a place that worships pure strength and power.

I picked up the beggars, gave them food and money if they train as I say, the beggars who the sects called worthless shit was turned into martial-masters that work, kill, torture for money. The Beggar faction.

I rescued all the women from the brothels of orthodox sects, they were mistreated for their whole life while living it like they never wanted to, I trained them to core and turned them as masters of the pleasure palace, don't be fooled by their name, extreme pleasures are deadlier than you think.

I took in children left at the streets and orphanages and forged every ounce of them into a killing machine. 

Was I regretful that I was turning children into bloody monsters, no, I never was, the world left them, abandoned them, hurt them by taking away their way of life, they got every bit of right to hurt it back, I was just showing the way.

And some other guys in need of help, well you get the gist of the things, I waged war upon the orthodox sect on behalf of all the Murim, it went on for years and years but I won… No, We won. 

Finally a peaceful era came and I was not needed anymore so even with all the rejection I secluded myself in my mountain manor, a place I made for retirement if you say.

Like everyday I was taking a stroll around my manor picking fruits, when a swirling purple portal appeared and sucked me in. I tried everything I could with everything I had but I couldn't stop it.

Next thing I know I'm here, the portal that dropped me disappeared like it never existed and that concludes everything.

'Huh?' My ears picked a weird noise coming from outside.

I peeked out of a window and a shiny vehicle with 4 wheels rolled on the perfectly paved road.

'Isn't… is that a car?' I wondered.

I have given up the thought about returning to my old world while I was cleansing Murim but always reminiscing about it, this imparted me some old memories.

I suddenly felt very different, it felt like my body was heavier than usual, my muscles were loosened, I started to gather Chi in my arms but I couldn't, my Chi was missing as a whole. What I have now can only be considered to the level of a newbie practitioner.

"What the hell?" I muttered in anger, "Status," I called out but nothing happened.

"Status window," Still nothing, "Status… System," 

A half transparent blue screen appeared in front of me. I smiled seeing it was active but soon it turned into a frown.

[System Reset 97%]

[...98%]

[...99%]

[...100%]

[Reset complete : Say 'Status or Status window' to activate]

'Why is it doing the beginners tutorial once again?' I thought frowning at the worst possibility that could happen. 

"Status," I mumbled, the screen vanished and a new one appeared.

[S̵̱͂̋t̴͓̭͆ạ̴͛͋t̶̯̹̍u̵̙̬̍ș̸̡̐ ̷̟͍̋c̵͖̑r̴̙̞͆a̶̞̐ṡ̴̫͘h̸̞͈̀ ̵̺͓̄̿N̴̛̟͖͝e̴̼͒͝ŵ̷̳ ̶͈̜̉u̸̟͍͂n̶͈̓͠i̸͉̎̿ṿ̶̀e̴̢͋̂r̸̬͍͒s̸̰̓e̴̞̜͌ ̴͈͋d̴͙̓̂ę̴̍t̵̞͖̒̓é̴͙͔̊c̴͕̿̈́ẗ̴̬̒ͅe̵̬͖͒d̴̝͆ ̵̙̥̄a̷̩͗̂d̷̥̓̇j̷̟͛̑u̶̲̒s̸̬̼̔ť̵̜i̶͜͝n̴͚̔g̵̻̎ ̵̞̈́ͅp̵̨̓̔õ̸̤t̵͉͐̑e̷̤̠͛n̴̪̦̄͑t̷̠̹̔i̸͚̇ͅå̷̡l̷͙̣̈]

"The system is… crashing?" 

This is a phenomenon I'm witnessing for the first time since I got the system. 

I tried reading it but after 'Status' and 'Crash' I couldn't understand the words.

Automatically the screen dissipated and a message came.

[System Message : The potential of the player has been set to limitless]

"Whatever, Status," I yelled for the final time as the window I wanted materialised… maybe not exactly how I wanted it to be.

[Status

Name : Zen

Level : 3

Exp : 0/700

Title : The Heavenly Demon {1 other}

HP : 1000/1000

Chi : 300/300

STR : 30

INT : 30

AGI : 30

WIS : 30

LUK : 30

STA : 30 ]

[1 S rank skill privilege is available•New ]

"So my levels have gone back to start, my Chi has been degraded by realms, my status has reset, I have fallen," I concluded with a nod, this might sound agonising but I'm having the opposite effect, I think this is amusing. 

I could ascend all over again, just the thought of breaking the will of my enemies I have yet to see gives me goosebumps.

I closed my eyes and started to feel the Chi around me but opened them immediately because I found a problem.

Just like my Chi, my daitan has also descended from its pure form to a mere skeleton of what I had before. I need time to fix this, whatever that portal was it deteriorated me.

Recollecting about it, my eyes started to roam around the room. I was in a small confined space, it had a bed, a table and a computer.. Hmm that's weird, this monitor is slim and lean, the ones I remember if my memories serve me right were bigger and.. box-ier.

I shrugged moving away from it, opening the status again, I tapped on the S skill ticket.

"I remember the first time it gave me a B rank ticket," 

The system has its own way of rewarding things, it gives you a higher reward if the work you have to finish is tougher than it looks. If I conclude those things from my experience with the system, this world has a stronger threshold in comparing beings on power.

"What sort of mess is this?" I mumbled on fascination.

First things first I need to know where I am. I hope I'm not back in my world cause that would be boring. I could make a country vanish with a snap of my finger if I get back to my prime.

Sighing I tapped on the S card and a couple of skills appeared in a list.

[Silver Moon Spirit Foun…

 Demon Red Storm Swo…

 Giangsi Eleven Strike B…

]

"Hmmm..?" I raised my brows seeing new additions to the S skill slot. I scrolled down but most of them were greyed as they were unavailable, I read their names and they were not from Murim.

[Aura of Death

 Phoenix's Relife

 Celestial Heart

]

What is a celestial? This is the first time I'm hearing its name but it sounds powerful and majestic. I wonder if I could see one or spar with it.

While scrolling back up a name caught my attention. I had this skill before, this one was a bug in the system, normally when I get a skill it doesn't shower you with more skills but… you will understand, without thinking anymore I smiled finalising my choice.

"I choose 'Golden Jade Library Of All Knowledge'," 

[Skill Unlocked: G.J.L.O.A.K(S)

 Skill description: The Golden Jade Library holds the collection of all knowledge the universe has to offer. ]

Simple meaning that describes it all and now for the bug to kick in, I hope it's still there and the reset didn't affect it.

[Chain Skill: Pu##- All Seeing Eyes ]

[Skill Unlocked: All Seeing Eyes(A)

 Skill description: Eyes that shows the true name. ]

"Hmm.. that's weird," The name of the skill has been changed, the original name of the skill was 'Pure Azure Dragon Eyes', the description may seem lousy but this is a very useful skill and the skill that follows.

[Chain Skill: Pur##- Spirit Eyes ]

[Skill Unlocked: Spirit Eyes(A)

 Skill description: Can copy the skills of a target. Copies 1 skill of 1 target at a time. ]

This one has also been shifted to a new name while both the descriptions are the same, either it's happening because of the universe change or the reset, I lean on the former.

*Clirck*

My ears perked at the sound of a door opening, I started to spread Chi through the ground, letting it flow all over the place but with the amount of Chi, I couldn't cover it all.

[Skill Unlocked: Chi Sense(D) ]

I swiped it away without reading the description, I heard the door shut and sensed two footsteps climbing the stairs, a man… No, a young man and a young lady, they were coming towards the room I was in.

Immediately I gathered Chi in my fist and made a Chi blade. I didn't know the threats of this world yet even if this is my old world I'm not the type of man to go easy, I was ready to take any person's life if they came in.

The door knob started to turn as my eyes narrowed on it, my hands went back, I withdrew Chi sense and concentrated it all on the blade.

"Ryan, that's my mom's room," I heard a feminine voice and as she said the door stopped but I was still on my guard.

"Oh sorry," The guy said and moved away to the next room followed by the girl, I released the blade and left my stance.

"I need to restore," I muttered sighing, I really hate being this weak… again, I once again sensed the individuals, they were sitting opposite to each other in a writing posture.

I sat at the bed in Lotus position, closing my eyes. I concentrated on the upper stomach where daitan is present, I took a deep breath pulling all Chi from my surroundings while strengthening daitan with it.

'Golden Library' I commanded in my mind and then opened my eyes. Unlike the room I was in before now I was standing in a library, it had racks going everywhere you could see.

'This is bigger than Murim's, much bigger,' The library extended for miles, this confirms I'm not in my home world.

This library exists in my mind and I'm inside it in mental form while my body is performing daitan purification outside.

"Comics?" I picked a random book on my right side and it turned out to be a comic, I took out others and all of them were comics.

"Marvel Comics?" That one word kept appearing in all books I picked, I sighed full of doubts about this new universe, "Skill release,"

Getting out of the mind scape, I turned my focus to Daitan. This world has raw Chi that has yet to be touched, masters from Murim would kill their brothers for this type of Chi.

[Chi : 300/389]

[Chi : 300/400]

By purifying daitan the Chi capacity will increase, I kept on draining when a scream got me out of it and my eyes shot opened in annoyance.

"RYAN!! Stop it!! Get Off Me!!! Achh,"

"Fucking Bitch Open Your Legs, You Bitch!!,"

*Boom!!!* 

I mustered all the Chi I had and with one punch put a hole on the wall, when the dust started to settle, my eyes widened seeing the girl.

'Woah!'

She had a face that would put the 4 jade beauties of Murim to shame, her snow white hair, green eyes, at that moment I decided she would be my first wife. She may behave in a way I don't like but I could always train her.

Then my eyes darted to her tampered clothes, her tearful eyes and the bastard who was responsible for that, sensing my presence he tried to run to the door.

"Take another step I will escort you to the gates of hell myself," I warned as he gulped and his footsteps halted but I didn't notice them as my eyes were focused on the beauty.

I slowly walked towards her, she noticed me but didn't move away, stopping next to her I knelt down and grasped her chin smoothly, she shrieked under my touch but I didn't budge, tilting her face towards mine, her eyes and mine were staring at each other.

"Did he try to use you?" I asked sternly, her eyes moved to him and back to me, gulping twice she slowly nodded, I rose back to my feet, with a wide smile I turned to him.

"How dare. you. scum,"

He shrieked on every step I made towards him, when I was in front I towered him by a couple inches and with a swift motion my hand was holding his head.

"M-M-My Dad is the Commission-,"

"I'm. The. Devil," I shouted at his face.

[New Stat: Qi unlocked ]

[Skill Unlocked: Blood Qi(B) ]

"Arghhh!!," He yelled on top of his lungs as I extracted all his Qi and dropped him down as his face paled and he fainted.

"I-I-Is he d-dead?" I turned back and the gir-... my wife was standing on a corner, her whole body was shivering and somehow I found it cute.

"No," He will die in 2 weeks or so. I took all his life energy and left some only for that period but during it, he will suffer like burning on fire every moment till he runs out of life force and dies.

"W-W-who are you?" I smiled at her words.

"The Heavenly Demon."

–-----------

MC Image :

Hi readers please give your support for new fanfic.

[A/N] •X•

Guys this is the info section.

I don't know about you but I hate when fanfics especially Martial arts one make it complex by adding level in realms, so this is how it goes.

Realms.

New Practitioners<Secondary students<Martial warriors<Martial Experts<Martial Masters.

Skill levels.

E<D<C<B<A<S<Ex

Items are classified by.

1 star - 10 star, 10 star being the highest.

There are three types of energy used by Mc.

Chi, Qi and Mana.

–------

[Status

Name : Zen

Level : 3

Exp : 90/700

Title : The Heavenly Demon, The Devil of Murim

HP : 1000/1000

Chi : 175/400

Qi : 100/100

STR : 30

INT : 30

AGI : 30

WIS : 30

LUK : 30

STA : 30 ]

[Skills:

 •G.J.L.O.A.K(S)

 •All Seeing Eyes(A)

 •Spirit Eyes(A)

 •Blood Qi(B)

 •Chi Sense(D) ]

26