CH-5
678 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So Chi is the essence of energy that is on the air, you take it in and do.. magic stuff," I nodded at her words, "Then Qi is like internal energy, like Force from Star wars!"

"What is Star Wars?" 

"Pfft.. What is Star Wars? What is Star Wars?!," She repeated my question like a parrot.

"That's what I asked," I replied.

"Dude, Star Wars!! Luke Skywalker? Yoda? DarthVader? Jedi? Storm troopers? Death star? Nothing rings a bell,"

"No," I shook my head.

"What-.. What were you doing during your childhood," She chuckled in disbelief.

"I really don't remember my childhood," Hmm.. I never gave a thought about this topic because my only focus was to survive, maybe I should self-reflect myself, so I could reach transcendental enlightenment. "The farthest memory I hold of my past is… falling inside a well that had all sorts of poisonous serpents and insects,"

As I said that Felicia was about to laugh but seeing the serious look on my eyes she didn't.

"...Are you being serious?" She asked, I didn't reply but just stared at her, she rolled her eyes as she got the meaning behind it, "Right, no reason to lie. What about your parents?" 

"I remember having a family once, I had a father, mother and a brother, I don't remember their faces or anything about them, I do remember my mother's warmth but that memory is fading now," I smiled, "Maybe it is for the best, if I don't remember I won't be feeling like I failed them as a son,"

"That.. is-" She couldn't complete her words as I saw a tear drop from eyes, she noticed I noticed it and immediately turned away, she wiped it and turned back but only to look down.

I moved closer and kept my hands on her shoulder as I made her look up. I slowly wiped away the tears that were threatening to fall, "Felicia, never cry, never show your true emotions to even people that you trust, it will be your weakness in the end."

"How can you be so heartless," Felicia struggled to speak but her eyes said everything. 

I smiled at her, heartless… I heard that a lot of times along with words like merciless and cruel but for some reason I couldn't feel the weight of that behind her words.

"I was forged by the flames of revenge Felicia, I couldn't use my heart for dragging down the sects into the river of crimson blood for the sins they committed, my actions defined me as a tyrant, my strength and will aided me, perhaps I am heartless and a lost man… but those tears are not for me," She gasped in surprise, I smiled, "It's about your family,"

"How?" She asked.

"I just know a rough child when I see one,"

"I.. my dad was a.. he was a thief," What an interesting turn of events, "I didn't care he was a thief, I loved him, I always looked up to him in my childhood, but I never saw him once after my eleventh birthday, mom and I was never on speaking terms after that, I.. I miss him so much,"

"You are not angry at him for abandoning you?"

"I am but at the same time I want to see him," She smiled sadly, "The day I meet him again I will pop all his teeths before saying 'Hi', I swear I will do it, I may sound crazy but Family is a crazy emotion,"

"Maybe," I leaned forward, a sudden thought crossed my mind and my eyes fell right on hers, "Do you want to become stronger?"

"Huh? What?"

"Do you wish to become stronger?" I stressed the words.

"..Yeah, I suppose if I want to break a couple bones of my pops,"

"Felicia, do you know why I said I will protect you 'until' I stay here,"

"You planning to move out," She raised her brows, I shook my head.

"A person is not worth saving if they don't have the will to protect themself," I narrowed my eyes sharply.

"So what is my worth now?" She asked.

"Nothing," I said with a straight face, "Absolutely nothing, you are nothing to me,"

"Wow, you sure know how to make a girl feel loved." She rolled her eyes, "But your words contradict,"

"No, I will be protecting you out of gratitude, not of worth, I will abandon you the moment I feel I have given you enough thanks," I stood up and let out a sigh, "Are you always going to rely on someone or going to stand up for yourself? If you choose the latter, I can help you, the former, we may have to depart on our ways, I would like an answer from you tomorrow,"

She went silent and began to think. I headed towards my room.

–------

I closed the door as a smile bloomed on my face but it soon vanished as my eyes darted towards the notification of the system that's been laying in the corner of my view all day.

[Global Catastrophe.

Countdown : 11: 06: 27: 56.

Location : New York, America.

Threat Level : 3~6 star. ]

I sighed sitting on the bed, this catastrophe is definitely not on me, I didn't taunt a dragon, didn't shave a sage's beard or castrate and turn them into a eunuch. From the moment I arrived I did nothing that would start a global destruction.

"This is irritating," I called laying back, a 3 star minimum, 6 star maximum level of threat, I need to get stronger.

I sat back in a lotus position immediately and started to refine both Chi and Qi, this notification was the very reason I was pushing Felicia to the edge.

I would be a fool.. no a brainless worm if I think a fate of odds talent is not worth anything, not even mentioning the bloodline.

I know the answer she would give tomorrow, I already have an art technique that would suit her perfectly in my mind, I just need to gain a few levels and I would be ready for whatever catastrophe that has to come.

Finally after three hours of Chi and Qi refining I opened my eyes, I looked at status and frowned. I needed to level up and the best way to gain levels, massacre.

"I need to kill," I muttered, I stood up and left the room, climbing down stairs I saw Felicia curled up on the couch, upon closer look she was holding a paper with an astonishingly detailed picture.

I moved closer and took the paper from her hands, I came to the conclusion that it was her family. The portrait contained 3 people, a man with white hair just like Felicia, a younger Felicia and a blonde haired woman.

I put that portrait back under her head, I went back to my room, got a blanket and wrapped it on her before leaving.

As Zen closed the door, Felicia's eyes slowly opened and a smile bloomed on her face, she sniffed the blanket and cuddled it as she went back to sleep.

–---------

I moved to the bright shining city, it has been amassed by people, I don't think many will care if a few go missing.

Because of the dark, not many were out of their homes but I did see quite a few people before even entering the busy city area. 

The first one I met was an old man riding a bicycle. I stepped in front of him, the tires screeched as he stopped, he looked at me with anger, contempt and a hint of fear.

"Old man, how should I go to the slums?" I asked.

He looked at me, up and down, he was clearly confused and irritated by my behaviour but his fear was slowly rising, "...Take a cab to Brooklyn, you will know the slums when you see them," He grunted and stepped on the pedal.

But it would be uncourtful if I didn't give him a thanks so I pressed my hand on his head and started to absorb his Qi.

"Wha-Arghh!!!" He yelled but soon his face became pale and his eyes lost their glint.

"Shuus~, It's okay, It's okay, thank you for your help," I patted his head and pushed him away. 

The body fell to the ground lifelessly. Obviously he didn't have that much of Qi because of his age, so my hunt was still on.

[Level Up ]

[Level : 4 

 Exp : 70/1000 ]

[Achievement: First Level Up

 Reward: Random Pill]

"Claim reward," I muttered, a shining silver light erupted from the screen and a round silhouette came from the darkness. I waited for the pill to reveal and I was dissatisfied with the reward.

[Face Brightening Pill(E) ×20]

I frowned as a pouch materialised into my hands, of all the things I could get I ended up with this crap, cursing at my luck I put that pouch on my pant's pockets and started to move on with my hunt.

I reached Brooklyn as the late old man called it in 30 mins by foot. On my way I helped myself by absorbing the Qi of a couple young men, a bunch of thugs that stopped me for money, quite a few homeless people, killing them all gave another Level but I was not satisfied, my hunger only rose.

My hunt has just began.

26