Ch27-Interships, Lift Off
445 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I don't need to ask that you've checked everything, right?" Aizawa stared at his students.

Everyone nodded as they each waited for their respective trains to arrive.

"Man, I can't believe you're going to a resort," Kaminari sighed.

With a chuckle, Kirishima shrugged. 'It sounds fun, but I'm going to be working with the number 10 hero.'

"Yeah, but he's working with the Gang Orca," Mina chimed in.

'Did she read my mind?' He looked surprised as Mina smiled at him. 'I love you,' he thought, wanting to test it out only for her head to tilt now puzzled.

"True," he sighed again, "but the resorts on Okuto Island, man."

"It's because of that fact, though; they constantly get villain activity, and since it's far from the land, it makes it easier for them to come and go," Kirishima said.

"Ah, I was about to say that," Deku chimed in. "This is my train. Good luck with your internships!"

They waved each other off, and soon enough, Kirishima's train came along. Since it was mostly him and a few others, he dragged Mina along with him.

"See you in a week." He cupped her soft hands.

"This isn't fair. I'm going to be lonely without you," she said with a pout, "but we can always call each other when we're free." She added, pushing herself up slightly.

Their lips meet in a short and sweet moment, wrapping each other in a warm embrace.

Mina shuddered from the feeling. "I love you." She said it over his shoulder.

"Love you more."

Kirishima boarded his train, waving her goodbye. As soon as he took his seat, a calm breath left him.

'Gang Orca... I hope this can work. I don't see why he'd refuse if it's to better myself.'

Clenching his fist, he chuckled, "This is going to hurt a lot."

'But if this goes well,' his eyes gleamed an unyielding flame, 'then I'll be strong enough to stop everything that comes ahead.'

Speaking of the future, 'Stain, I hope I left enough anonymous tips on the police line. I don't want my interference to keep him out of prison and killing heroes...'

Pushing those thoughts away, he pulled out his phone and messaged Mina. He smiled while texting with her.

...

Mainland Japan, as Kirishima finally arrived at the location. On a ship dock, he saw in the distance a Gang Orca, and without even trying, the hero was intimidating him.

Behind him was a boat. Upon noticing him, the hero walked up his heavy footsteps.

"Kirishima," he said, moving to shake hands, "I'm honoured you chose me for your internship."

'His hand's so smooth and tough,' he thought, smiling back.

"The honour's all mine, sir!"

"Enthusiastic, good. I'm sure you've read over the details of your internship with me. Care to summarise for me?"

He said, to which Kirishima nodded as they boarded the speed boat.

"Right! I'll be working shifts patrolling between the hotels and museum, but mostly the museum as part of security."

As he began, Gang Orca started the boat. After fiddling with the controls, he moved back and sat across from Kirishima as he continued.

The boat controlling itself left the docks and sped away from the coast.

"Around this time, some villains break into Okuto Aquarium to steal the priceless fish. A part of my role will be to assure the identity and safety of the many who've booked their stay at some of the hotels." Kirishima added.

"It also mentioned something about practice and one-on-one training with you."

"Well said." Gang Orca leaned back in his seat, looking out to the sea.

"The training will be purely physical, though I assume you also have something you wish to develop further. So when the time comes, we can organise a plan.

The moment we arrive, we will begin your introduction and training as a member of staff. As the director of the island, I will be busy, so I hope you're eager to learn."

Pausing, Gang Orca leaned forward, and Kirishima unwillingly gulped. The man was tall. Even if Kirishima grew up to be 5'10", it paled in comparison to the 6'7½" man in front of him.

'If only I could be that tall, oh right!' Shaking the thought away, he waited for him to finish.

Nothing more was said, only the rate of villain attempts being monthly, and that he'd be given his room in a hotel. That part was nice.

"Oh, and this also," he said, reaching into his coat.

"This is a coupon for a free stay at one of our resorts for three nights. You can bring an extra person with you as well, all for free. I had this specially made, so it's for one-time use only."

Kirishima marvelled at the ticket, his mind already thinking of all the things that would happen. 'Mina will love this!' He grinned.

"Thank you so much!"

"Aside from that, we've got time before arriving, so if you have any queries or questions, feel free to ask."

After putting the coupon away, Kirishima faced him with a resolute look.

'His posture straightened; this must be something important.' Gang Orca looked down at the young man, brimming with energy.

Calmy Kirishima went on to explain the details of his quirk and what had occurred in USJ, as well as what he understood.

Nodding, Gang Orca came to an understanding: 'Are all teenagers masochists?' A truly serious question.

"So to sum up, you want me to beat you to a pulp with all of my strength to advance your hardening and adaptability."

"Yes," he nodded, 'to get a spike in my body's adaptability to become stronger, I need to experience a spike of pain and pressure, like when Nomu hit me.'

'Of course, I don't think he's as strong as Nomu, but I'm sure he can make me strong enough.' Kirishima nodded.

"Then, if we have the time, I will help as much as I can. However, if I feel as though you can't go on any further, then I will stop."

The two shook hands on the agreement, and in good time, the island came into view.

"Once we arrive, I'll show you where you'll be resting and the team you'll be working with."

As Kirishima leaned back in his seat, he took in the relaxing, salty air. 'I wonder how Mina's doing. And the others, for that matter too.'

...

Stepping out of the train, Mina looked around before moving off. She was going to meet the hero Burnin, who works at the Endeavor Agency.

Her mentor for this internship 'This'll be great!' A smile beamed on her face.

"Wonder if I'll cross Shoto there," she doubted the chances, but it would be nice.

Despite her excitement, part of her is nervous after all.

Her phone buzzed, and curiously, she glanced, her lips curving up; it was from Kirishima. Two pictures—one of him and Gang Orca in the group chat and the other of his autograph.

Moments later, she got near the tall, luxurious skyscraper-type building of the Endeavor Agency. 'Damn, only thirty sidekicks; so why is it so big?'

The only reason she was offered a chance here was that her quirk was acceptable, as they only took the heat and fire-type quirks in.

Looking down, she spotted a woman with her most distinguishing feature, pulling from her big red-orange eyes and pointed teeth her flaming yellowish-green hair.

"First impressions," Mina muttered and strode with confidence.

...

'Woah,' Kirishima marvelled at the resort, having finally arrived.

A worker dressed in a black and white suit strode up to him and Gang Orca. His notable feature is that his fish gills are wrapped in a water tube.

"Welcome back, sir!" He saluted.

"Kirishima, this is Mark; he will guide you from here on to understand your roles on the island; after that, you'll spend the rest of the day with me."

"Nice to meet you!" Kirishima said, shaking hands with the man.

"Always a pleasure," he smiled back, shaking earnestly.

The gang Orca had left them to their own devices, heading to the aquarium. Mark led him around the island.

"We've got two different types of resorts, one at the front and the other at the back for VIP's rich folk; that's where you'll be patrolling most of the time."

He went to show Kirishima the various routes between resorts, as well as places to go in case of emergencies and fires.

"We do a routine inspection for any new additions to the island, just to check nothing dangerous is brought in or villains trying to sneak in as well."

Between the resorts were a multitude of parks and trees; the entire island was more or less a forest.

"And this is where you'll be staying." Mark had brought him to a building near the centre of the island. A relatively tall and pristine building with a pool at the back.

"This is our centre, where we can dispatch heroes and personnel in case of emergencies. Not everyone lives here, though each resort has dedicated living spaces for others." He added.

Mark showed him around, and Kirishima made sure to ask any burning questions and memorise every route.

"Alright, and this is your room," Mark said, opening the door to his living space.

'Decent enough space to do my morning workout,' Kirishima thanked him, putting his suitcase in the corner.

"Get dressed in your hero outfit. We still have time; you'll be working every day from nine a.m. to six p.m."

"Am I going to do more than just patrol and act as security?" Kirishima asked.

A grin grew on Mark's face. "Oh yeah," chuckling, he closed the door.

'I don't like the sound of that.' Kirishima looked back into his room.

Opening the window, he opened his hero case and got dressed. "This should be a simple internship."

The winds bellowed outside and leaves fell; the weather on the island was phenomenal. It was almost hard to imagine anything ruining this moment. Aside from what he already knew.

'Nothing is set in stone; I've just got to get strong enough to break it,' he willed himself, stepping out in his hero attire.

"Not bad hero. I can't say the shirtless thing will make things easier for you, though."

"Make what easier?"

"You'll find out soon enough."

The two followed the forest path, slowly making their way to the VIP resorts, as boats docked and left the island like clockwork.

I've finally settled into a routine, updates will be slow but consistent. Once a week every Monday. This way I can do both my fics. Already writing the next chapter.

Do you guys want to see how Mina and some others are doing on theirs? Or just stick with Kirishima?

25