Signing Up
254 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rei along with his parents stood outside an office building that had, "Doctor Kijima", written outside of it.

Today Rei had come to get his left hand checked. It had been quite a while since the last time his predecessor got it checked.

Rei was hoping the results turn out to be good because it was getting hard to withstand the throbbing pain in his hand when he pitched.

You may be wondering how he pitches when his hand was injured. His was injured but not anything critical it was like a superficial wound that's why it always throbbed when Rei pitched.

Thankfully Rei pitches with his right hand in this life because his left hand was injured.

Rei and his parents entered the Doctor's office.

Rei sat down in the lobby while his parents talked with the receptionist.

After 10-15 minutes later, Rei was called and went into the Doctor's room.

"Hello, how are you doing?", asked Doctor Kijima.

"Good", said Chiaki as she sat down with her husband and son.

Doctor Kijima nodded and said, "Let us check Rei's left-hand today and see how it is".

Rei gulped nervously when he heard the doctor talking.

"You go take an x-ray test of your left hand with this nurse and then come back, ok", said Doctor Kijima while pointing toward a nurse.

Rei nodded and went to the x-ray room with the nurse.

In the x-ray room, the nurse took pictures of his left hand and after some minutes, he came back into the Doctor's room.

The nurse followed him coming back to the Doctor's room. the nurse gave a USB containing x-ray pictures she took of Rei's hand to the doctor.

Doctor Kijima nodded and took the USB. He looked over the contents and saw the X-rays of Rei's left hand.

"The result is good, it seems his hand has recovered but I'd still recommend you give It some more rest", said Doctor Kijima after looking over the X-rays.

As soon as Rei and his parents heard the news they were delighted. They all had different thoughts going through their minds when they heard the news.

"Thank Goodness, I wouldn't want my son to stop his interest. He just started", thought Chiaki.

"Now he can go exercising with me more frequently", thought Reiji.

"Now I can finally be assured about my left hand and pitch worry free" thought Rei.

As all of them were done with their business in the Doctor's office, they left the building.

Rei and his family entered their car and Chiaki started driving.

"Oh, I was going to ask since we are outside anyway can we go to a store to buy more clothes for me", said Rei. He needed more clothes ASAP because all he had was black. Don't get him wrong he thinks black is a great color and matches everything, but he needs to have a pop of color in his wardrobe.

"Why would you suddenly want new clothes", asked Chiaki curiously.

"You see lately I have been looking at my wardrobe and I only see black in there, so I wanted a pop of color in there", said Rei trying to convince his mother.

Chiaki nodded and agreed with him about his decision. Reiji couldn't care less so he just sat in the car lazily.

"We have to get this done early because I and your father have to go somewhere today", said Chiaki while eyeing her husband.

Rei looked toward his father to confirm. His father nodded.

"Okay but before going just leave me at the field and when you guys come back pick me up on the way", said Rei casually.

Chiaki and Reiji nodded.

The car was parked in a mall parking lot.

Chiaki and Rei got out of the car and entered the mall. Reiji stayed in the car because he didn't want to go with them to the mall. He didn't like malls because they were too crowded, and people took too long in there.

Rei and Chiaki went to a specific store which was Rei's predecessor's favorite clothing store.

Rei looked over the clothing shop and found some good shirts for himself that had a good pop of color.

He grabbed the shirts and gave them to his mom.

Chiaki took the shirts, paid for them at the cashier, and dragged Rei back to their car.

Chiaki put the shopping bag in the car truck and drove fast towards the field to drop Rei.

After some minutes they arrived at the field and Rei got out of the car with his equipment.

Rei got in the field and practiced his fastball and tried to increase his Grip Stat.

Chiaki and Reiji drove towards Seido High School leaving Rei behind.

Meanwhile the baseball team of Seido High School

Takashima Rei, the baseball team's vice president was setting up the recruitment test for the 2nd string. She was very diligent with her work.

After the previous generation graduated 2nd string had fewer players left. They had 2 choices left to get more players to join that is one they scout more players and 2nd they hold recruitment tests trying to find diamonds in the rough.

As you can see, they went with the 2nd option because the team only wanted to scout players for the 1st string or players who were talented.

They still weren't fully prepared for the recruitment test but today Takashima decided to hold the sign-ups for the recruitment test.

Seido High School is a prestigious school that's why they had to have a sign-up, so no one sneaks their way in.

After setting up the sign-up stall Takashima started accepting sign-ups of players for the recruitment test.

A line was quickly formed in front of her desk when she started accepting sign-ups. 

Chiaki and Reiji arrived early and quickly joined the line not too far away from the front.

After 30 minutes it was their turn.

"Name, baseball experience, and age?", asked Takashima for the sign-ups.

Hearing what Takashima said made both husband and wife uncomfortable.

"Our son has no experience, what should we do?", they both thought.

They both looked at each other and nodded.

"Rei Fujikawa, 15 and has 2 years of baseball experience", said Chiaki. She didn't want to embarrass her son by saying 1 week.

Takashima nodded and said, "Bring Fujikawa on the 20th in the morning for the test".

When Takashima was done with them, she yelled, "Next".

Chiaki and Reiji both got into the car and drove towards the field to pick Rei up.

After a few minutes they arrived at the field, but they couldn't see Rei anywhere. They called him and texted him but no answer.

Chiaki was getting worried, so she asked Reiji to go check the field.

The sun was setting, and the field was getting dark, but Reiji couldn't find Rei.

Giving up he was about to call the police, but he heard panting noises.

He walked towards the panting noise and saw his son with a tire attached to his back by a rope and dragging it and pushing himself hard.

Reiji was brought to tears fast because he was soft-hearted and thinking that he had lost his son made him teary.

He went up to Rei and hugged him while sobbing.

"W-what happened?", said Rei surprised as he was startled to receive a hug out of nowhere.

"Get off me. I'm sweaty right now", said Rei pushing his dad away.

"Oh yeah you do stink", said Reiji stepping away from his son and holding his nose close.

"Haaa…whatever let's just go back home", said Rei irritatingly. He just wanted to go home because he was exhausted.

Both entered the car.

Chiaki was relieved to see her son and drove back home.

Rei went upstairs to his room with his shopping bag as soon as he came back home.

Reiji and Chiaki didn't care anymore about what Rei did because this was his daily routine currently.

Rei entered his room and changed into his pajamas. He hung his new clothes in his cabinet.

Looking at his new clothes Rei said, "Now that's fashion".

Before hitting his bed, he decided to do his daily quest even though he was exhausted.

After 2 hours he was panting on the floor with sweat all over his body.

[Congratulations Host you have earned 'All Stats 0.5']

"Sta-…tus…", said Rei wanting to check his progress while panting on the floor.

[Status

Name: Rei Fujikawa

Position: Pitcher

Current Level: 1

Speed: 5+ (Can only be increased through practice)

Strength: 7+

Balance: 7+

Flexibility: 7+

Grip: 1.5+ (Can only be increased through practice)

(Skills)

Four-seam Fastball (level 4): when pitching this ball your chances of striking out the opponent increase by 14%.

Hitting (Level 1): Increases 5% your chance of touching the ball with a bat.

Cold- Heart (Level 4): Increases your focus and lets you make good decisions in matches by 15%.

Comment: Your stats are shit. Even normal human stats are double yours.]

Rei nodded looking at his status screen. His Strength, Flexibility, and Balance Stats were improving at an impressive rate, but his speed and grip were still lacking.

It's not like 1 day is going to make that much of a difference.

He couldn't increase his speed today because he tried running with only a tire attached and he could barely run. The quest stated that he had to run with a truck tire. He was nowhere increasing his speed Stat for now.

He was going to take it, step by step for now he will try running with a tire attached, and then he can increase it.

His Grip stat was going to increase when he did the daily quest for it, but he could never throw 200 pitches a day his stamina won't allow it. Even though he had come close to the count.

In the end, everything comes back at speed/stamina.

Looking at his skills he was surprised because his fastball had increased again. Now that he thinks about it when he pitched the fastball today it felt faster probably around 94 KM.

(Author's Note- This is how much Sawamura's speed was in the starting)

Again, for some reason, his cold heart skill increased.

"Is this my personality or something else", thought Rei questionably.

Rei came up with a plan while thinking on his bed about the training for the recruitment test.

He had to come up with something that would entice the Seido baseball coach to make him join the team.

"I need to add a secret weapon", thought Rei.

He was going to the tire running, his usual body daily quest, and pitching practice for his training plan.

Rei lay on his bed and was excited about the hardcore training plan for tomorrow.

"I think it's about time I try learning 'Cutter' again", thought Rei before he fell asleep.

4