One Month
320 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rei had been training nonstop daily. He would go in the morning to the field and come back home around 11 at night.

Around 13-15 hours a day.

If Rei told this to anyone, they would find it hard to believe him. Obviously, since he had the previous life knowledge that supported him and the sturdy body he got with the help of the system, he would be fine. But if you're like Sawamura and nobody has ever coached you, you will be rough around the edges.

Over the past month, Rei had improved significantly. His body had started showing results. He had abs and the flexibility of his joints was insane.

Since the daily quest, he completed every day was called the perfect baseball body it made sense. 

He had raised his skills during training every day. When Rei hit level 5 in his skill level it started getting harder for him to raise it. It seemed that it had more requirements to level it up further.

Moving on, Rei pitched around 90-100 pitches a day. Because of this, his Grip Stat increased a good amount. So now when he pitches his grip was very firm and skilled and didn't look anything close to an amateur.

What Rei did pitching 100-90 balls a day was considered stupidity in baseball. If kids pitched around 100 pitches a day without any rest, they would get injuries in their arms.

In the USA high school baseball, it is ridiculous to even allow kids to do such things but in Japan, this is normal considering how much competition they have in Koshien.

It is crazy to even think how Koshien works. 3500 high school baseball teams in Japan compete in their prefectural tournament, and the winners in each prefecture (49 teams total) are invited to the National High School Baseball Championship, known as the summer Koshien tournament.

Rei had an ambitious goal for now. He wanted to take the team to Koshien maybe this year or next year. When he saw the anime, he was disappointed when Seido couldn't make it to Koshien. He wanted the 3rd year players to experience going to Koshien.

Namely, Chris senpai because he had gone through difficult times, but he still came through when the team needed him.

He knew that he was far off from his goal but still he would love to make it happen. Just thinking about it made his heart flutter in excitement.

Rei had developed a solid shoulder like Miyuki Kazuya. Considering how many pitches he threw a day it should be possible.

Rei was still lacking in many areas if he wanted to use his full potential, but he had come a long way from his previous self.

There were many things in baseball he had to improve such as, signs, hitting, understanding plays, etc.

As the time came near the recruitment test. Rei started getting nervous. He couldn't believe him as a former minor leaguer was getting nervous for a high school level baseball team.

Even though Rei was improving at a fast rate he wasn't getting arrogant or ahead of himself because he knew he lacked a lot and going to Seido would help him in many ways.

He was excited to learn more pitching techniques from Tanba.

Tanba was an underrated pitcher. Even though he became an ace he still lacked talent compared to Furuya.

During the semi-finals or finals of the tournament, Tanba was outshined by Furuya a lot. The anime is portrayed that way because they were focusing on the 1st years.

Anyways Rei was looking forward to it. He wanted to experience Japanese baseball.

The time finally came after Rei's many hardcore training sessions. Today was the day for the recruitment test.

Rei woke up feeling nervous he couldn't believe it. He was taking his first step into competitive baseball. It had been lonely for him to continue training by himself.

He exited his room and walked towards the bathroom to freshen up.

He came out of the bathroom 10 minutes later.

He went to his room and since there were 3 hours before the recruitment test, he decided to do his daily quest.

He wanted to be in his top shape for the test.

After 2 hours Rei was done with his daily quest.

[Congratulations Host has gained 'All Stats 0.5']

"Status", said Rei wanting to check his progress before leaving the house.

[Status

Name: Rei Fujikawa

Position: Pitcher

Current Level: 1

Speed: 5.5+ (Can only be increased through practice)

Strength: 21.5+

Balance: 21.5+

Flexibility: 21.5+

Grip: 4.5+ (Can only be increased through practice)

(Skills)

Four-seam Fastball (level 7/10): when pitching this ball your chances of striking out the opponent increase by 70%.

Hitting (Level 1): Increases 5% your chance of touching the ball with a bat.

Cold- Heart (Level 4/10): Increases your focus and lets you make good decisions in matches by 40%.

Cutter Ball (Level 3/10): When pitching this ball, you have a 30% chance of breaking your opponent's bats.

Comment: you are starting to show the qualities of being a pitcher.]

Rei smirked in joy looking at his status screen.

"Thank god the training paid off", thought Rei while smirking.

His stats had increased significantly, and the Stats were showing results when he pitched. His form had changed a little because of the flexibility and balance in his body.

His speed increased by 0.5 only because he couldn't complete the daily quest for it. He was taking it step by step so currently, he was using a normal tire while running. He could run around half a mile with a tire attached.

Speaking of speed, you wouldn't believe how significantly his speed increased when he pitched.

When he pitched the four-seam fastball his pitching speed would be around 140 KM. It might seem that his speed had increased a lot suddenly but because he continuously leveled his skill up the speed increased of the four-seam fastball.

The downside of him increasing his skills was that when he pitched the cutter his speed would drop around 100-110 KM because his cutter ball was only level 3 which is not a lot compared to his other pitch.

Rei was even more excited about his progress when he read the System's comment. That truly proved to him that he had improved.

Lastly, his cold-heart skill didn't improve. Rei was disappointed with this because the skill would help him a lot during games. When the skill increased previously his focus when pitching during practice increased immensely. For example, he would feel no emotions such as nervousness when pitching.

He sighed while closing his status window because he knew it was going to get harder from now on.

"REI!!.... it's time to go", yelled his mom from downstairs.

Rei hurriedly changed his shirt because it was soaked in sweat from his workout.

After changing his shirt, he exited his room with determination in his eyes.

4