A New Mission
236 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At night in the dorms.

Rei did his daily quests and was about to go to sleep feeling relieved that they won their first match for the tournament.

Rei never forgot to do his daily quests because why would he miss out on those stats?

As Rei was about to close his eyes, he got a notification from the system startling him.

[System has detected that the host is participating in the summer tournament qualifier for Koshien. So, the system has associated a Mission for the tournament.]

Rei almost squealed seeing the notification because currently he only had daily quests and no missions. He preferred missions because he knew missions had bountiful rewards. Reading the notification Rei was curious about the mission because the system had never given a notification like this.

Curiously Rei opened the Mission panel and read the details.

[Mission: Summer Tournament

Milestone 1: Pitch 1000 pitches throughout the whole tournament.

Milestone 2: Win the Quarterfinals.

Milestone 3: Win the Semi-Finals.

Milestone 4: Win the Finals and Make Seido qualify for Koshien.

Rewards:

Milestone 1 completion reward: A pitch skill of your choice that is already level 5, card.

Milestone 2 completion reward: Level up

Milestone 3 completion reward: 5000 coins.

Milestone 4 completion reward: E Grade Body conditioning Elixir.

Penalty: Deducting a level and 10 stats]

"Hahaha", Rei laughed in disbelief after reading this mission. His mouth just drooled over the enticing rewards. He knew if he could gain all this it would help him a lot, especially the Milestone 1 reward, he really wanted that.

Sighing Rei thought about how to complete these milestones. For the 1st milestone, he was really cutting it close because the coach divides pitching time for all the pitchers and since Seido has 5 pitchers in total it was kind of hard to fulfill this milestone but even if Rei had to fight the coach for the time, he would do it. He wasn't that worried since Tanba wasn't currently pitching and there were 8 rounds in total.

"System do the pitches I threw in today's match count?", asked Rei curiously.

[Yes Host]

Rei sighed in relief because now he already had 90 pitches.

Seeing the milestone 4 reward, made Rei curious because when he was scrolling through the shop while window shopping, he saw this item and it was way over his budget currently because an F-grade body conditioning elixir cost around 300 coins. And the system was rewarding him with an E grade, considering the mission requirements wasn't the system being stingy?

For the rest of the milestones, it was simple Rei just had to make sure they won the tournament. Easy right?

July 20th.

Summer Tournament Round 3.

Seido High Vs. Murata East.

Rei was the starting pitcher for this match, and he pitched for 4 innings and struck out all the batters because they posed no challenge to him.

Later Rei was switched out for Furuya because the coach wanted him to rest.

In total Rei threw 36 pitches.

Furuya struck all the batters out.

Manta East was shocked at the appearance of another monstrous pitcher.

"Yaa…Seido is so good even without their ace".

"Who do you think is going to win this year's tournament, Seido or inashiro?"

"I vote for Seido because they have 2 monstrous pitchers this year. They're too dominating".

"Well, I disagree because no one can beat Narumiya"

In the audience, 2 high school students who were baseball fans discussed the tournament excitedly.

Furuya was pitching for the 5th inning.

[Score:

Seido: 3-4-2-4

Murata East: 0-0-0-0]

Since Rei was pitching before Murata East didn't get a chance to pitch.

In the audience.

"Hey, Shun. You're not watching anymore?", said a random player.

"Oh 2 monstrous pitchers for Seido, huh? Furuya is nothing special he just has speed and no breaking ball, that kind of pitching might work for some other team, not mine. The baseball of this country that I admired was at a much more intricate and high level", said Shun observing the match.

"What I'm worried about is Rei, his fastballs and it does concern me that he is hiding another pitch. He pitches way too confidently, and does he not get nervous on the mound? And his impactful batting, if he was good at pitching does he have to be good at batting too? What a hateful player. Another thing to look out for is their strong batter line-up since they changed their lineup this year all the weaknesses their line-up held before have been corrected", thought Shun sighing.

In the dugout, Sawamura was upset that he didn't get a chance to pitch.

Yuuki hit a home run yet again.

After 5 innings the game was closed.

Furuya was gloomy because he only got to pitch 1 inning.

Rei chuckled seeing his gloomy expression.

Hearing the chuckle Furuya gave Rei a hateful glare which Rei ignored.

"Okay. Bow!", said the umpire.

"Thank you!", yelled both teams while bowing.

After the match, the team gathered around.

"REIII-SANN" yelled the girls.

Hearing the cheering Rei waved and smiled at the girls making them blush.

"That good-looking brat", said Kuramochi, and Jun feeling jealous.

"Do you have a girlfriend?", asked a girl shyly coming up to Rei.

"No", said Rei.

The girl was about to give Rei a love letter but stopped when Rei suddenly grabbed her hand and kissed it gently.

"I don't plan on dating currently", said Rei

"What a letdown", said the girl in a daze and left.

After the girl left Jun and Kuramochi attacked Rei.

"Why does Rei act like that with girls and why is he so arrogant in front of us?", asked Sawamura.

"Who knows", said Haruichi.

"Good. You're all here. After you finish stretching, grab lunch at the bleachers. We're all staying to watch the next game. The team that wins will be our next opponent", said Kataoka.

"HAII", said the players.

Tokamiyama Vs. Akikawa.

"Watch the Akikawa pitcher carefully", said Miyuki in the audience.

"An exchange student from Taiwan, Yang Shunchen, junior", said Chris.

"He's not Japanese?", said Sawamura.

"Does he have to be Japanese? You have no idea how many good players there are outside of Japan", remarked Rei.

Chris nodded agreeing with Rei.

"As Rei said the world has many good players.", said Chris.

"Anyways, Shun came here to learn Japanese and fell in love with baseball. He studies baseball more than anyone. People call him clockwork", said Chris looking at his notepad.

"C-Clockwork…", said Rei holding in his laughter.

"He has amazing control unlike someone I know", said Rei looking toward Sawamura.

"What is that supposed to mean!", said Sawamura.

"The game is going to be on Wednesday in 3 days. And this one isn't going to be so easy", said Jun.

8