Preparation
199 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Woah!”

 

“Awesome!”

 

Exclaimed the people gathered in the gallery seeing Rei hit a home run.

 

“Why don’t you learn from Rei”, said Miyuki.

 

“Shut up!”, said Sawamura.

 

“But you’re still useful in batting since you’re a bunt master”, said Miyuki.

 

Sawamura grunted in response.

 

Rei had been working his but off to increase his stats and skills since they were going to be playing Inashiro in a day.

Nerve-wracking that’s how Rei was feeling right now. Thankfully his emotions didn’t affect his skills.

 

“Let’s go we’re having a meeting”, said Harucchi approaching Rei.

 

“…Sure…”, said Rei wiping sweat off his forehead.

 

In the Cafeteria.

 

“We have to watch out for their clean-up”, said Chris.

 

All of the pitchers nodded.

 

“We have to be really cautious because Inashiro will do anything to win just like last year”, said Chris.

 

“They’re a professional team after all”, said Miyuki.

 

Kawakami gulped nervously.

 

“Anyways, don’t let them ever get on base”, said Chris.

 

As the meeting was about to end Sawamura said, “I want to learn a breaking ball”, shocking Chris and Miyuki.

 

Ignoring Sawamura, they started to walk away.

 

“Wait…why don’t you hear him out”, said Rei enjoying this situation.

 

Sighing Miyuki came toward Sawamura and said, “What kind of breaking ball did you have in mind”.

 

“Cutter”, said Sawamura.

 

“You, do you want to be like Sanada”, said Rei chuckling.

 

“N-No…Maybe. Ok, I do, and what’s so wrong about it? He pitches like me”, said Sawamura.

 

“It’s good to admire people, that you can’t ever reach”, said Rei patting Sawamura lightly.

 

Sawamura frowned.

 

“If it’s a cutter then you’ve thrown it before. But you need to practice before you throw it again”, said Miyuki.

 

“Yeah, never know if the pitch will backfire on you or not during the match. So better practice it”, said Rei.

 

Sawamura nodded.

 

Evening Practice, in the bullpen.

 

“Throw a 2-seamer”, said Miyuki.

 

Rei nodded and threw one perfectly in the strike zone.

 

“Nice Pitch!”, said Miyuki catching it.

 

“Next, Forkball”, said Miyuki.

 

Rei nodded taking his pitching form.

 

Kataoka and Takashima nodded observing the pitching skills Rei was displaying.

 

“Why are you in the bullpen? Don’t tell me you’re on the 1st string”, said Asuma appearing out of nowhere.

 

“You’re the person I struck out before! Chubby Senpai!”, said Sawamura surprised to see Asuma.

 

“I-I can’t…Chubby Senpai…bwahahaha”, laughed Rei holding his stomach.

 

“As expected, Sawamura’s nicknames are the best”, said Rei laughing.

 

“Calm down”, said Miyuki.

“Look how soft it is”, said Sawamura touching Asuma’s stomach,

 

Rei started laughing more seeing this he couldn’t control himself.

 

“Who’s this person laughing maniacally?”, said Asuma pointing at Rei.

 

“He's our pitcher, Rei”, said Miyuki.

 

“HE IS…”, said Asuma surprised.

 

“Well. He has his moments”, said Miyuki.

 

“I’ve heard about him. Doesn’t seem like much”, said Asuma.

 

Rei stopped laughing as soon as he heard this.

 

Furuya was astonished witnessing Rei’s quick change of emotions.

 

“Oh Really…”, said Rei chuckling in disbelief.

 

Asuma nodded confidently.

 

“How about I take you on?”, said Rei.

 

“Interesting!”, said Asuma.

 

After a few minutes, Asuma and Rei were ready standing in their positions.

 

Miyuki nodded and signaled for a 2-seamer to the outside corner.

 

Rei nodded and winded up his glove, took his pitching position, swung back his arm with force, and released the ball aiming toward the mitt.

 

Asuma’s eyes widened seeing the ball coming toward him. He swung and missed.

 

“His form…his pitch. I have no words to describe it. Even in Pro’s, it’s hard to see," thought Asuma.

 

Rei smirked, “I still got this. Well, Asuma is still lousy for a pro”, he thought.

 

For the next 2 pitches, Asuma jammed and missed the pitches thrown by Rei.

 

Chris and Miyuki smiled seeing Rei strike Asuma out.

 

*****

By now Kuramochi had found out about Ryosuke’s injury. He was surprised about the fact that Ryou-san was defending normally.

 

When Kuramochi asked Ryosuke about his injury.

Ryosuke said that he will be fine for the game and to not worry.

 

Kuramochi still was feeling a little anxious but seeing Ryosuke catch perfectly calmed him down a little.

 

 *****

 

“How is it, our weapon”, said Chris.

 

Asuma grunted and said, “Not bad”.

 

“Why are we even asking someone who was struck out by him”, said Miyuki.

 

“Are you really a pro”, commented Rei.

 

Kataoka nodded agreeing with them.

 

“This year you guys might even make it to Koshien”, said Asuma.

 

Everyone smiled in response. They all hoped so.

 

*****

 

At night in the meeting room.

 

“That’s it for tomorrow’s starting lineup”, said Kataoka.

 

“Yes, Sir!”, yelled the players simultaneously.

 

“Tanba will start and then Rei. Kawakami and Sawamura, warm up your shoulder if the situation calls for it”, said Kataoka.

 

“I Sawamura will surely live up to your expectations—”, said Sawamura.

 

“Dismissed”, said Kataoka.

 

“Yes, Sir!”, yelled the players simultaneously.

 

“The Game is totally going to depend on how well Rei and Tanba are going to pitch. I have seen Tanba get a lot of walks recently but surprisingly I haven’t seen Rei mess up yet. In the end, everyone must give their best against someone like Mei in tomorrow’s match”, thought Miyuki sighing.

 

*****

Everyone was practicing and getting ready for tomorrow’s match. Using whatever way such as Rei who had a lucky charm.

 

In Rei’s dorm.

 

“What’s that”, said Kanemaru pointing at Rei’s pillow.

 

“Nothing…”, said Rei hiding a pin under his pillow.

 

Kanemaru glared at him suspiciously.

 

Rei had a lucky ritual that he did before a game. It calmed him down. He had a pin that was gifted by his mother before he moved to the dorms.

 

Speaking of his mother, Rei’s family will be coming to watch the finals.

 

Rei smiled; he couldn’t wait to meet them after so long.

 

Getting ready to sleep, Rei hoped that tomorrow’s match didn’t mess up. Knowing about the things that could happen, Rei was nervous, but he will try his best to contribute during the match and prevent from anything going awry.

 

******

The Next Day, National High School Baseball Championship Tokyo Qualifiers.

 

Inashiro Vocational Vs. Seidou.

 

*****

Current Status:

[Status

Name: Rei Fujikawa

Position: Pitcher

Current level: 2

Coins: 0

Speed: 25.5 (Can only be increased through practice)

Strength: 55+

Balance: 55+

Flexibility: 55+

Grip: 28 (Can only be increased through practice)

(Skills)

Four-seam Fastball (level 8/10)

Hitting (Level 7/10)

Cold- Heart (Level 8/10)

Cutter Ball (Level 8/10)

Two-seam Fastball (level 8/10)

Forkball (6/10)

Comment: A Budding Pitcher]

2