CH-3
193 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[That Night]

After Charles left, May and I had chat about those bruises, She was incensed that I didn't tell her about this before but I just remained silent, she couldn't say much at that topic and diverted her anger towards my father.

I kinda expected a reaction from her and I got that, The moment I heard about Mutants a plan formulated in my mind, it had lot of loops because of the information I lacked but I would try to work with it.

I know by showing my scars and telling the story about my father, will make me look pitiful in their eyes and that's exactly what I wanted.

If I know Charles, he would now keep a eye on me, cause I have given all the reasons he needed.

I have shown him I had a abusive father who treated me like shit, it will give others an impression that I'm vulnerable and can be easily corrupted.

Then He thinks I'm telepath that's strong enough to block him, which would put me under the label of dangerous individuals in his note and his mind must oozing about the possibilities of me turning bad.

So that I don't fall into the wrong hands and get misguided, he would be indirectly protecting me from guys like Magneto, Trask and William Stryker.

One stone two birds.

I know this is a long shot and a double edged, always being under supervision can hinder my movements but its only till I find a way to get rid of it.

The goal was pretty simple, keep me and my secret about a mutant safe till I can defend myself and maybe make X-Men a future ally.

In a world full of crazy assholes your ability is your first weapon, Charles said I was Telepath but I don't buy it, After he left I tried to reading May's mind but it didn't work or I was just doing it wrong, so even if I have a telepath ability I can only block mind attacks now.

I need to learn more about my ability and think about ways I can use it efficiently but before all that I really need access to the god's eye of early 2000s, The Internet, I'm pretty sure I can get the information's and history about the world I live in from that.

"Hey Eddy," a childish voice entered the room taking me out from my thoughts.

A kid, probably the same age as me, his unkempt messy brown hair, a unbelievably slim build and the large reading glasses all his exclusive traits.

'Peter Parker,'

"Hey Pete," I waved at him in reflex, you know the good thing about having memories of Ed, I don't feel that weird interacting with people he knew.

He came near me and with a jump he sat at the bed, he was staring at me for good minute like I'm a exotic creature.

"You still look ugly as Shabby," His comment took me by surprise but I collected my mind and came back with mine.

"Say's Scooby," He gasped at my words and kept his hands on face like holding them.

"Aww you called cute," When the hell did I say that?.

"How's Scooby cute again,"

"He's doggy," He said exclaiming at his point.

"So?,"

"They are the most loyal creatures of planet earth, how can they be not cute?," He got a point can't argue with that but looks like he misunderstood what I said.

"Can't argue with that but I said you smell like Scooby," He gasped once again.

"Now that is offensive,"

He glared at me not the rage filled one but the cute one, I didn't back down and squinted my eyes giving him a look, we both stared at each other for quite some time before his mouth perked up a little and bloomed into a smile followed by mine.

We both laughed and gave faces at each other but soon it died down with just low chuckles.

"Looks like even a truck can't break that stupid head of yours," He said turning towards the window taking a look at the city.

My smile broke as the memories of my mom came to mind, I was silent thinking about her.

Not hearing a reply from me, he slowly looked back and the disappearance of my smile made him facepalm.

"Hey I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," I smiled and shook my head and got back to silence.

"... You mind me watching some power rangers? Aunt May deactivated Jetix from the T.V," He said pointing the T.V, I just shook my head once again giving him a go.

"So.. What happened at school?," I asked as he was switching between channels trying to find Jetix.

"Ahh School? Nothing much.. Cissy was worried like it's doomsday because of you, The class prayed for your recovery but.. looks like it was unnecessary, Some girls made me their messenger but I'm not gonna relay anything they said," He said without turning his head from the T.V and finally finding the channel.

"So.. When are you getting out of hospital," He asked with his eyes now on me.

"Tomorrow morning," I said nonchalantly, It would have been tonight but after seeing my scars May suggested to get it treated, the Doctor already took a look at them when I came here but left it has internal injuries and X-rays didn't show any fractures so they didn't mind it.

"Hey guys," A stern voice got both our attention, brown hair, black eyes and a glass matching Pete's.

'Uncle Ben,'

"Hi Uncle Ben," I said waving at him, he was big and looked sturdy but soft and really zen for his age, he didn't say anything back but just walked to me.

"Pete, could you get your Aunt, she should be in the general ward and remember don't make noise," Ben said pointing back to the door.

Hearing this Peter groaned as the commercials just ended and the show was going to start but he didn't reject and walked out of the room with his head down.

"Eddy sit straight and turn around," He demanded me after confirming Pete left.

I followed his words and turned around, I felt his hands in my back through my shirt, he slowly moved the shirt and a moment later I could feel the air brushing my back.

"That Bi-.. I knew he was psycho, what kinda man do this to a child," Ben ranted about my scars and he was so close to swearing a couple times but didn't.

"Ben? You called me?," Aunt May's came from the door and Ben swiftly released his grip on my shirt letting it hide my scars.

Ben rolled his eyes towards me as I turn back to see them, May nodded and Peter came in with a Lays in his hand, seriously? The blue one? Who likes the blue one in lays I always go for the red.

"You saw that?," May asked taking a seat in one of the empty chairs and Peter taking next one.

"Yeah.. He's a maniac, thank god He saved his body for science I can't even think about paying respects for a bas-.. a guy like him," Ben said frustrated at my father.

May nodded at his words and Peter passed me the packet and I took a large piece out.

"Hey that's mine I was saving it for last," Pete said pointing at the piece I was going to eat.

"Well first come first serve," I said putting in my mouth and crushing it with power so that he could hear it's sound... have I become childish after transmigrating? Who cares.

"Hmph," He snatched back the packet and got back to his seat.

"Pete don't be rude to Eddy," Ben said rubbing his eyebrows.

"But he took the bigger piece," Pete revolted showing the packet's inside and.. yep, it was the only big piece.

"How about this you take all the crumbs at the end," May said trying to finish the fight but that's just one sided, the crumbs are the flavours but I didn't say anything, I don't even like blue.

After 30 minutes or so, Ben suggested they get moving and he took Pete back home as it was getting late and they needed to get ready early tomorrow morning for my mom's funeral.

-------------------

"-Please give us the strength to leave her in your care, in the knowledge of eternal life through-," The priest was reciting his lines while I stood in a black suit watching as they pull down my mom into the ground, my eyes start to tear up without me noticing and trace down my cheeks.

Peter was standing on my right, holding my hand, his eyes were red and his nose was continually sniffing trying to keep the tears in bay.

Ben was standing behind me, his hand on my shoulder supporting me, while his other holding May tightly as she cried on his shoulders.

The priest finished his lines and the coffin was now deep on ground, I slowly walked towards the pit with Ben and May following me.

Standing right before it I dropped the bunch of flowers I was holding and suddenly my legs let down and I knelt in the sand, holding my knees I let my tears come out, they slowly caressed me cheeks dropping down from my chin right on the wooden coffin.

Two hands clutched both my arms, I turned to see May and Ben both at the same state as me, Ben nodded to May as she slowly pulled me into her embrace, I hugged her and winced under my breath.

Ben paid respects to his sister, then May did, followed by Peter, some of my mom's friends from college and school gave me their condolences.

After an hour most left the cemetery, now only me, Ben, May, Pete and two other guys were standing, we were going to leave when one the man shouted.

"Hey Kiddo!!," I turned to the sound and the second my eyes saw his face a question blared in my mind.

'What the fuck is he doing here?,'

He must be in his mid 20s, sleeked black hair falling till his shoulders, a clean shave, athletic build, a face that makes women eyes turn, his bold eyes looking at everything like saying 'I own the fucking world', the one and only RDJ or should I say Tony Stark.

He was accompanied by a man with large build, folding his hands back all the time, a sunglass in his eyes and bluetooth in his ears, finally finishing the look a mungo jerry beard, he must be Happy.

"Hey?," Ben said standing before me, blocking Tony from my eyes, I moved a little to his side to get a view.

"Martha's brother," Happy came near Tony and said pointing towards Ben.

"Oh.. I'm Tony Stark," Tony said reaching out his hand for a shake.

"I'm... Ben parker, You're Tony Stark? You look different than the magazines," Ben shook his hands while gesturing towards his face like he was missing something.

"Ahh.. My razer broke this morning kinda had to go manual and I couldn't get one side equal to other and things led to this," He said pointing at his clean shaved face.

"Ok? may I know why you're here?," Ben rolled his eyes at Stark's explanation and asked about his visit.

"Jackphil used to work with me, he might be a rage monster but he was a great scientist, he was a friend, I heard it was time he donated his body to science community so I came here to give my condolences,"

Ben eyes dimmed at my father's name but I was doubting how the real Eddy didn't know about his dad working in Stark industries but.. that bitch didn't even say he was a scientist so no wonders.

Ben didn't say anything and moved from his way, Tony walked to me and kept his hands on my hair and caressed them slightly, I looked at him, his eyes now had a different emotion, I couldn't put a name on it but.. I think it was understanding.

"What's your name buddy?," He asked kneeling to reach my height.

"Edward,"

"Edward, Can I call you Eddy?,"

"Uh-huh," I nodded.

"Eddy, it's not going to be easy for you, I know but I can't Imagine what you're gonna go through but trust me I will watch out for you," He finished saying that and stood up.

Leaving me he walked to Ben, he reached inside pocket and took out a card and handed it over to Ben.

"This is my personal card, if he need any help don't mind to call me," Tony said as he moved away, Happy following him but just before leaving he turned back and waved.

"Bye Eddy," I waved back at him.

We reached Uncle Ben's car as soon we sat in there was a awkward silence flowing in.

"Let's go home,"

6