CH-9
366 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lethal protector? What's that supposed to mean?," Mordo asked, finding the name unusual.

"Maybe more than what it means," the Ancient one replied, gulping the last drops of tea in one round.

"Fine, you don't need to say," Mordo sighed, knowing well about the Ancient One's habit.

"It is a word, a title given to him in a bunch of timelines, he had many battles with and against the wielder of web of life and destiny but the thing that made him special and made me wary of him was… it happened in a timeline twenty years from now, it was a future filled with a lot of wars starting and ending, I was rummaging through it when a pair of red eyes saw through me, it glared at me," Mordo immediately stood up as his chair feel by the force he gave, the chandeliers started to shake, his eyes were widened at disbelief.

"No! It's not possible, a being that could neglect Time stone it's impossible right?," He asked between his breaths as the whole room became normal again.

"Or stand up to it, we have no idea what is possible Mordo," She smiled.

"So where does he come in all this," 

"Those eyes were protecting him,"

–--------------

Three days have passed since my second meeting with the Ancient one. It's not anymore about whether I should leave, it's that I have to leave. Her idea about giving the news to my uncle and aunt is not that bad, I just hope she does her part. 

I was up in my room writing some news I found on web about a mass murder at Yashida corporation in tokyo, which I think is involved with wolverine plot, I couldn't get much though.

While I was doing my work, Uncle Ben was on a call with someone downstairs.

"Ahh.. yes, I remember.. yeah? Now.. urgh, hold the call for a moment," Ben said, taking his ears off it.

"May!" Ben called, hearing her name, May came out of the kitchen with a bowl and mixer in her hand.

"Yeah Hon," May answered as ever with a smile. 

"Do you remember, three days ago I got a call from a institution about Eddy's schooling, something Ja-.. his dad had already decided for, they called again and asked if they could meet us now,"

"Now?... well ok, it's probably be some missed bills, we could just pay it up with his money," May said purely in disgust thinking about Ed's dad.

"Fine… yeah ok, address is 20 Ingram street, Forest hill, Queens.. No not that one, yeah thanks… they will be here in half an hour, a woman spoke, she sounded totally like english," Ben replied, hanging up the phone.

After an hour the doorbell rang, Ben stood up from the couch and walked to the door, opening it he saw a lean middle aged woman with curly brown hair wearing a blue formal suit standing with a smile.

"Can I help you mam?," He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, is this 20 Ingram street, Ben Parker?," She queried him pointing at him.

"You're on the right place, I'm Ben Parker, are you the one who spoke with me in the phone," 

"Yeah regarding Edward Brock's schooling yes, can I come in?," 

"Yeah Please," Ben moved in, letting her come in.

After a minute with all things settled in, May, Ben and yet-to-named lady sat down at the couch.

"I don't know if you heard but Jackphil died three months a-," May started the conversation.

"I know actually, my condolences," The lady bowed slightly with a sad face.

"Thanks… so what's this about? Are there any unpaid bills on Eddy's name or something Mrs.Glenn," Ben questioned about what he thought might be the situation.

"... No, I'm here for this," Glenn shook her head and took out a bunch of paper from the file in her hand.

"Kamarian institute? What's this?," Ben asked, taking the papers into his hands.

"Kamarian institute is an international cultural sharing board school in England and late Mrs. Martha Brock has applied there for her ward, Edward Brock," Glenn spoke, pointing to a signature at the end of pages.

"Woah!.. what? She signed Eddy for what?," May asked, doubting her ears.

"She applied for our institute in England, London if I have specify," 

"... Sh-She did?... fuu~ So what are you here for? She died and what now?," Ben handed the papers back to her.

"Actually I would like give you a crash course for my time here, our institute conducts a cultural share, we take multiple of students from different countries and make them engage with each other, this also go for the special children and by that I mean mutants, we make them friendlier with students to understand their normality in the society to accept them, our seats are very exclusive, it's a five year course and Mrs.Martha has already made full settlement for all five years combined, of course residence and food included, we have allotted everything now we might not be able to change it, we have been sending continuous messages to Mr and Mrs. Brock for three months but no replies, I came here as an administrator and management put me here to consult you… so?," 

Both Ben and May had a frown on their face.

"So you're saying Martha was going to send Eddy to England, did you hear anything like this from her May?," Ben turned towards May for wisdom in the matter.

"No, nothing, she said absolutely nothing about this," May shook her head.

"Hmm… well it's not a problem, Sorry but we don't plan on sending Eddy any-," Ben's words were stopped by May.

"We will give you our answer after we discuss it," May stated, making Ben's eyes go wide, Ben turned his head in a swift and mouthed, 'What?'

"Thank you, it would be great if you could give me anything in two days as I'm returning then, thank you once again," Glenn said as she stood up, followed by May and Ben, they walked her till the door until confirming she left.

-----------------

Coming out of the house, Mrs.Glenn gave an unnoticeable sigh.

"You know, your plan was great but your execution is terrible," A smile came into her face, she turned to see me leaning on the wall near the door with my hands folded.

"Yeah," She accepted my comment with a nod.

"Gotta say, the wig really doesn't match your face," I said, squinting my eyes at her.

'I really don't like having hair," She snapped her fingers as her hair vanished like it was never there.

"Oh cover that, my eyes are going blind," I covered my eyes and chuckled which she returned.

"But it was weird that Aunt May said she would answer after consulting, your presentation is so bad," I replied walking towards her.

"Well when I noticed things started to go down, I knew I had to do something on my part, so I put my offer as a bright light in her head," My steps halted at the end of her words.

"You did what!?," 

"... Sorry but I had to make her mind think it was at least a idea to consider, I didn't want them to feel like I took you away," 

I sighed hearing her answer, I was angry for a second, what she did was not right but I know with all things considered I couldn't blame her.

"Just don't ever do that again,"

–--------------------

The evening went past silently and night came, Peter and I were in his room finishing our homework… ok I was doodling while he did that but unlike us, Aunt May and Uncle Ven were starting a heated discussion.

"May, What's there to think about? We are not letting him go to England!," Ben said with an unfazed eye.

"Ben, hear me out first, I'm not saying we have but let's look at the facts here," May didn't want to resort to this but deep inside her mind something had been ploughing these kinda thoughts.

"What Facts?!," Ben literally shouted his words while striking the table.

"... Fuu~, Ben after that woman left I checked about this Kamarian institution, they are great, I couldn't find anything like reviews but I saw their website," 

"What if they're great?," 

"Ben… we both know our situation, do you remember, Peter was five, when Richard and Mary left him here, we could be a parental figure for him only because of his age," May took in a deep breath as the memories of that day played in her head.

"Ben, I know what I'm saying may sound heartless but that kid… Eddy had gone through things that a kid shouldn't have, trust me, whatever he shows on the outside is not his true self, I have two things I want to tell that I kept a secret from you till now," May sighed heavily, tapping her chest slightly she was getting ready let her secret out.

"Yesterday when I was in the backyard, I was going to readjust the cloth line, he was helping me, when I gave him the line to hold, god I would never forget that look he gave… he was scared of me Ben, he took a step back, dropped the line and ran away, hmm… he did came back, after a minute, he washed his face but I knew I saw the redness in his eyes," May leaned in and took her husband's hand in hers.

"Ben, we will do whatever it takes to make him feel safe but there is a limit to what even us can do, at most we could heal the wounds in his heart but what about those scars that fucker left on them, they would never heal," May took his hands and kissed them, Ben reached for her eyes and wiped a tear that was about to fall.

"May!, I… I know this is tough, you are someone I had been blessed, they may be rough-,"

*Slap*

Ben had a hand mark on his cheeks before he could finish his words, May stamped both her hands on the table and stood up furiously.

"You think I'm saying all this to get rid of them, Ben!!, they are my sons, our sons, I love them more than anything else in this world, you idiot!," 

Ben rubbed his face as he slowly stood up, he stretched his arms and embraced May in them, snuggling a bit tighter, he whispered in her ears.

"I know, May," 

"Ben, we both took care of Pete for five years now but Eddy is totally different, he has an mentality of a teenager, I know he will understand, I really think we should consult with Eddy in this matter," 

May muffled as her head was still in Ben's chest, Ben pushed her a little just enough to see her face.

"Eddy? Why? I understand about mentality but that's got nothing to do with this issue?" 

"No Ben, this is for the second secret I'm talking about," May corrected Ben's doubts.

"He is a mutant Ben," May revealed Eddy's secret while holding her clothes tightly with her eyes closed waiting for Ben's reply.

"What? Eddy is a mutant?," Ben's face was full of disbelief.

"Yeah," May nodded, confirming again.

"What? What? Whe-.. when did you know?," Ben took a step back, releasing himself from her.

"Right after the accident, some guys called X-man came for him, they said he was a mutant, I was afraid of how you would react so I didn't tell you but four days ago, Eddy could do things with his mutation," May gripped Ben's hands and pushed him to sit.

"What… huu~, this is a lot to take in, hmm… well your worry is unneeded I would say that, he's all ways our son, it's just-," May completed the words that were in Ben's mind.

"You're afraid too, aren't you, him going down the wrong path because of his past and maybe our care won't be enough," May looked at Ben with hope that he would refuse it but after a moment of silence, Ben just nodded with his eyes closed.

May wasn't angry or sad about the response, cause she knew lying about this stuff won't make it any better.

"We need someone, who could guide him, someone that won't use him… what are those X-man guys," 

"No! Those guys are a definite no, there was this one guy in a wheelchair, he said he could control minds I'm not trusting them," 

After three days of discussion and a lot of calls to Ancient one, I was finally going to England or should I say Kamar-Taj.

8