Anomaly #1
682 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the confines of existence, where everything begins and at the same time everything ends, a peculiar situation can be observed in a certain place extremely important for existence itself, a place where everyone at some point must arrive, no matter if they are simple mortals or incredible gods, a place described in many cultures with different names, but undoubtedly the closest is... 

Limbo.

Limbo is the area where all souls rest and restart after their carnal deaths, although there are many souls that upon death avoid reaching it, their luck is limited and the harsh truth is that sooner or later this will be their end as an already existing individual, to then be reborn as a completely new existence with a different race.

In this incredible and marvelous place, you can appreciate what seems to be an infinite sky blue wherever you look, but if someone would look more closely at that beautiful color, they could appreciate that the true color of the place is white, while the sky blue that one observes are innumerable small spheres of color that occupy the place completely, generating this beautiful and peculiar view.

These spheres are no bigger than the size of an average human head, but the most peculiar thing is that all the spheres have rune-like markings in their center, runes of a white color that seems to glow faintly.

The spheres just float in an inert form, completely still and motionless to such an extent that any sentient being could conclude that they are stones or some similar object, but if they were to observe a certain anomaly in this apparent celestial infinity, they would realize that they could not be more wrong.

Somewhere in this limbo, you can see how one of the spheres moves erratically and apparently uncontrolled, hitting with its own shape all the other light blue spheres around it, causing small cracks in these small cracks in different places.

This event has been going on for years and the aggressiveness reached such a point that at least one kilometer around the sphere is completely empty, leaving only a target on it, while all the spheres that inhabited that place were run to the edges with striking cracks in their shapes.

But when only the aggressive sphere seemed to be unstoppable, out of nowhere a large silver sphere appeared in front of it and a second later, the two spheres disappeared, causing peace to reign again in limbo.

...

In a white infinity, two spheres float together, one is so large that it would put the most massive planet to shame, while the other is so small in comparison, that it could simply be mistaken for a grain of dust next to it.

"You've caused a lot of trouble..."

An unrecognizable sound came from the silver sphere, shaking the entire environment by the sound, but no matter if someone does not understand the spoken language, in front of this being, you will immediately understand its words, no matter if you are a germ or a god.

Hearing the sound, the small sphere trembled heavily, as small cracks began to form in its shape.

"Let's see..." 

The sphere 'spoke', forming a loop of silver energy to introduce it inside the celestial sphere, pulling out of it the runes imprinted in its center, then introducing them inside its 'body'.

"Oh... what a peculiar case."

"Existing as a human, with no previous lives..."

"Born on planet Earth #235182391822, in a country called Russia..."

"Abandoned by your parents in the Siberian forest at the age of one year..."

"Apparently luck favored you.... You were found and fed by a wild boar until you were two years old..."

"Although it didn't last long... The mother boar was hunted by a tiger..."

"But who knew the tiger was with her cubs and mistook you for one..."

"Raised by the tiger until you were 4..."

"When you were 4 years old the tiger that raised you was killed by a pack of wolves..."

"But again you were lucky, the wolves found a familiar scent on you and you ended up joining their pack, until you were 10 years old, the day the whole pack ended up splitting up because of the death of the old wolves..."

"From that day on you set out on your own path... you learned the tigers' way of hunting and the wolves' way of hunting, while you inherited the aggressiveness of the wild boars..."

"At 12, you lost an eye and realized you couldn't just fight with your fists, so you started using branches and stones..."

"At 14 you created your own spear..."

"At 15 you started creating your home zone, chasing away or killing the other dangerous animals in your territory..."

"At 16 you fought 5 adult bears and lost an arm, but somehow survived..."

"A child who ate raw, rotten meat for years..."

"You ate a few poisonous plants, but still managed to survive..."

"You were bitten by more than one poisonous spider, but you survived..."

"Multiple poisonous snakes bit you, but you survived, even devoured them afterwards..."

"You drank water full of infections, but you were able to survive their diseases..."

"You got blood infection from not treating your cut arm, but you still got through it and lived..."

"You went through many diseases, but you overcame them all without any treatment..."

"But your death..." 

"Was something mortals often describe as..."

"Comical..."

"At 17 you expanded your territory so much that you reached a human population..."

"But when you arrived, you were so impressed by everything, you didn't notice that a truck was coming towards you and ran you over..."

"Although I have no feelings, your death causes me some comfort..."

"Something-"

But out of nowhere the sound was abruptly stopped by a more than astonishing event.

The small sphere that a while ago wouldn't stop shaking and was rapidly filling with cracks somehow formed something resembling teeth at its center and charged at the silver light, managing to successfully bite it, causing even the abyssal being to be momentarily stupefied.

"This is... new."

'I speak' the voice after a few seconds, looking down at the small celestial sphere biting it while flailing heavily, seemingly trying to tear it apart somehow.

"You're interesting..."

"You're not the first being to keep some of his consciousness in limbo..."

"Nor much less the one who lived the most peculiar life..."

"I have seen hundreds of thousands of existences that grew up with far more powerful and dangerous beasts than you could ever see..."

"Hundreds of souls caused chaos in the resting place because of their strong desires or instincts..."

"The last one I remember was a million years ago..."

"He called himself a demonic emperor..."

"When he arrived, only his evil remained in his soul and he attacked the souls around him."

"Just like all the souls causing chaos around these parts, he was eliminated..."

"But all these souls, when they came in front of me, only trembled out of instinctive fear."

"No matter if they were souls of insects, animals, humans, demons, gods, nothing matters, in front of me they all fear..."

"But you..." 

"You overcame your fear and attacked me..."

"Just being in my presence hurts your soul, hearing my voice hurts it even more..."

"..."

"I should eliminate you like the other chaotic souls..."

"That's my job, to maintain existence..."

"But..."

"I don't want to do the same with you..."

"You were the first to attack me for as long as I have existed..."

"I have lived for a countless number of years..."

"I have seen and witnessed all of existence..."

"I thought there was nothing new to experience..."

"I thought it was impossible for someone to attack me..."

"But here you are..."

"Doing the impossible again..."

"What to do with you...?"

"..."

"You know..."

"Many souls seek the truth of existence, only to end up in frustration knowing they can never get it..."

"Let me tell it to you in return..."

"The truth is, at the end of it all, nothing matters..."

"It doesn't matter if you were a villain or a saint..."

"Everyone will come to my domain..."

"There are thousands of realms that collect my souls, hell, heaven, valhalla..."

"They all have different names..."

"But they are just realms that collect souls from the surrounding area for different reasons..."

"But in the truth of things, they are only paper kingdoms..."

"The souls they keep will fade away sooner or later..."

"Only for them to end up arriving in my domain, where they belong..."

"Some beings boast that they can eliminate souls..."

"Another lie..."

"All they do is send souls directly to my domains..."

"The point is, in the grand scheme of it all..."

"Nothing matters..."

"In front of me, they are all equal..."

"..."

"Except you..."

"Let me explain my domain to you..."

"In this place, where you were, is where all the existing souls rest..."

"This is where souls are repaired and whitened..."

"Once the souls are ready, the souls pass through me and I decide their future as existence..."

"For example your future as an existence was a new planet..."

"You would no longer exist as a human, but after coming to me, your existence would be that of a planet composed of lava..."

"Although if I managed to learn anything from the other existences, it's that this future of yours wouldn't be so bad..."

"You could have been an earthworm..."

"A stone..."

"Maybe a virus..."

"Although I honestly don't understand the difference..."

"I only speak to you with what I understood from observing the other beings..."

"But well..."

"That's the simple truth..." 

"Now let's see what to do with you, you are already on the verge of disappearing by being too close to my presence..."

"..."

"Those of your race like to make wishes to the gods..."

"I've seen some gods reincarnate souls with desires in certain places..."

"I suppose I could do the same..."

"But..."

"I don't know what to do with you..."

"You don't have something to desire..."

"You only exist by instinct..."

"No desire, no love, no nothing..."

"In a way you remind me of me..."

"..."

"Well..."

"I know what to do..."

Finishing speaking, the silver sphere glowed for a second, and then something incredible happened. The area that was being bitten by the little soul, was ripped out of its body, then integrated into the small celestial sphere, causing all the cracks that already filled the soul to be repaired with a silver color.

"I will give you back your memories as a human..."

"I also gave you a very small part of my soul, it will serve to strengthen yours..."

"But most importantly, it will serve as a bridge between the two of us..."

"When you are ready to make your wish, you can come back to me with this connection..."

"But for now, I will give you a gift to make your survival easier..."

"There are many ways to get power..."

"But I think you will be made easier for now by certain art of an existence somewhat similar to yours..."

"Beast breathing and its postures included..."

"..."

"I will also give you his body, though you will be able to change it once you return to me if you feel like it."

"Your new body will be somewhat different from the original, since your soul influences it a lot..."

"You will have more strength, speed, agility, endurance and intelligence..."

"Your senses naturally are superior to those of a normal human, but with your enhanced soul they will become almost perfect..."

"..."

"I will include a special outfit..."

"I don't think the boar one goes with you..."

"You will have a layer of tiger skin...."

"With a wolf skin coat, including the head, for you to wear as a helmet..."

"I suppose I could give you the bottom part of boar skin, in honor of the first being who cared for you..."

"You will have the two matching katanas so that the art of breathing won't give you any trouble..."

"The katanas will be hardened, with your new strength you will be able to cut steel with some ease..."

"..."

"I need you to have desires..."

"I will send you to a human world..."

"Though I can't send you to a very powerful one yet, let alone a normal one."

"You wouldn't be able to coexist well there..."

"You'd most likely be hunted."

"I suppose an apocalyptic world would help you..."

"..."

"Well, decided."

"Chances are you don't understand anything I told you today."

"But when you get to form your true personality and learn about feelings, you should be able to better understand everything we talked about."

"As a last thing, I modified your outfits, they will be bullet and explosive proof, something very annoying for humans..."

"But do not be confident, they will not defend you from blows, cutting weapons or bites."

"It's necessary for you to have a better foundation when fighting against other stronger beings..."

"It was nice to meet an existence like you..."

"Let's meet again sometime."

"I only hope that at that time you will have a name."

"Maybe I can tell you mine once you have one..."

Finishing the words, a silver light enveloped the small celestial sphere, causing it to instantly transform into a humanoid body, but a second later, the body completely disappeared from its place, leaving only the large silver sphere.

"When was the last time I strayed from my duty?

"..."

"I hope you survive little one."

"Because if you die before you make your wish, I won't reincarnate you again..."

"You will continue with the existential cycle..."

"You will be a planet..."

-------------------------------------------

Edited By: YASH_MATHUR

Discord: https://discord.gg/VtHg4GqXtq

11