Chapter 1: Rebirth – page 1
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In year 8506 of Eos that is recorded in Celestial calendar, massive war erupted that human kind ever witnessed. It was...

War of agony...

War of power...

And war of desires...

It had many names. While most were lost with passage of time, one did go down in history and was as well as deeply rooted deep down in humanity’s cold, bloody heart.

It was beginning of dark ages, it was humanity’s pathetic resistance as well as their imminent end, it was a...

GREAT PURGE.

It all started on 56th day of winter on Virgo 6th Narr year, recorded in Celestial calendar.

It was a day when a small kingdom on outskirts of Accursed forest of Verenta was in a single night completely MASSACRED, without leaving women, children or even dogs alive.

What was more shocking was that this act was done by only a handful of beings. They had body frame that of a human, wings of griffins and strength of ogres with pitch black eyes and two long, black horns.

Nobody knows from where did those monstrosities came from. Someone sais that they were hibernating deep inside Accursed forest, while other say that they came from different realm entirely.

They called themselves DEMONS.

That night all over world people get out of their houses and watched in awe while once white snowflakes turned red. They at the time didn’t know, but that day marks the beginning of many centuries long war.

Demons commanded vast number of monsters to devastate human cities and kill any human in sight. They didn’t care about the land, resources or even making humans their slaves.

Their only goal was a complete EXTINCTION of entire human race.

Humans plead to other races to help them, but they all turned their backs on them. Many demi-humans hated them, fairy and star folk didn’t think to highly of them and mighty dragon race tried to stay out of worldly affairs.

By the year 8522 of Eos, humanity was on verge of ruin.

Demons already dominated the world while humans were pushed into their last stronghold. It was a city that was specially build to repel demons and their monster horde. City was last hope for humanity, and was named St. Louis city of Hope.

But, how could demons with their small numbers drive humans that far in only two centuries?

They were known as savage, wild beast that didn’t know of strategies or corporation and would just attack head on. It was because of one entity.

This entire war was instigated and controlled by him. He commanded army of hundred thousand strong and trampled on everything in his way.

He called himself DEMON LORD.

With his leadership demons pushed humans far and wide till their entire fighting force gathered at St. Louis. It was impregnable fortress with high and thick walls that could even block out the sun.

The siege of St. Louis was ongoing for entire three years of Narr. Demons didn’t led up and were still going strong while humans started to fall sick and die because of food shortages.

It looked really grim for humans until one evening on 27th day of harvest on Scorpio 8th Narr year, young priestess prayed with all her heart to fallen goddess statue. She was only person who still didn’t give up and preyed for miracle to happen.

Goddess heard her plea.

That evening dark and cloudy night sky was painted gold as twelve shining pillars descended onto this mortal world.

Entire city was in uproar when 12 stars of humanity’s hope came out of the pillars.

They were warriors blessed by goddess herself, divine soldiers tasked to protect humanity and be their beacon of hope.

They were called liberators and remembered down in history as TWELVE HEROES liberators of humanity.

That evening marked day of change, as siege that was going on for several years came to an end. Sun was rising signalling humanity’s FIRST victory against demons.

It is said that cries of joy and laughter that day could be heard by all surviving humans giving them glimpse of hope.

Under heroes influence entirety of humanity at long last became united and started to push back.

Second victory...

Fifth victory...

Twenty-seventh victory...

And finally after three long years of Eos they managed to kill their way to Demon lord’s castle. Heroes prepared themselves for ending this two century old war and barged into throne room.

On the throne, he was sitting. Supreme commander of Great purge and demon Overlord.

His name was Demon lord Octavius Ferset von Zerr.

Even heroes who were soldiers and messengers of goddess knew at one glance that being in front of them was at pinnacle of strength that humans will never reach.

Twelve against one

Battle was fierce and neither side yielding to other.

First day...

Third day...

Sixth day...

They were equally matched fighting for days without rest. And in the morning of ninth day, it could be heard cries of all demons through out the land.

Sword hero Lei pierced straight through Demon lord’s black heart.

Demon lord was slayed.

Finally humanity ended up victorious. Unfortunately even thought victory was great, sacrifices were greater.

In his last moments vile Demon lord didn’t accept the outcome and self destructed taking heroes together with him. Explosion was so great that was visible from any place humans took a step, signalling the end of two century old war.

Some people are screaming in joy while other are wiping for the heroes.

In the heroes honour people raised twelve statues in the place where it all began. St. Louis stronghold that was build only to repel demons became sacred city as well as capital of Divine theocracy which was then renamed as Divinity city of hope.

And finally, goddess took a liking to young priestess promising her one wish. Priestess without even a ounce of hesitation said

‘I wish that this tragedy never happens again’

Goddess satisfied with her wish grants divine blessing to the priestess. It was goddesses unique blessing to summon a HERO.

That moment was birth of Goddesses proxy as well as First Divine Saintess.

This is end of this tragic story of old. Sadly it was passed down through ages, so no one truly knows how true story unfolded. As everybody already knows only winners can write their own story.

Where one story ends, other one begins.

Let me tell you story a new, it starts about a millennium or two after the Great purge.

Story takes place in cold and dark forest. There can be seen only small traces of moonlight that are trying to penetrate through thick layer of leaves and branches.

Forest was silent with light sound of flowing river.

Tap...

Tap...

Ah... Ah... Ah...

Tap...

What is this sound? It’s like someone is running down the rough, overgrown forest path.

Pat...

Ah... Ah...

Drip...

Pat...

It was a young boy. He looked around 14 years old with unique dark red hair and was wearing grey rags. Barefoot, he runs through forest while holding with left hand place where his right arm was. It was dripping with blood.

Young boy’s face looked sickening white and full of sweat. Who knows how long did he run or how much blood from his severed arm did he lose. He only kept on running until he came to big clearing with one big tree in the middle.

He walked up to the tree and then

Thud...

With strength leaving his body he collapsed on his back right under the tree.

It seems like his story is about to end.

Huh...

Huh...

He has hard time breathing as colour on his face is leaving him. His grip loosened as blood starts to pour out of his arm.

Sob... Sob...

‘W... Why...’ huh ‘...did s... she...’ snob ‘... d... and I...’ sob ‘li..?’

Tears are flowing like river on rainy night. It looked like his entire life is passing through his eyes. The more life passes the stronger the river becomes, but recent memory changed him. Once sad face turned angry as he clenched his teeth.

That wasn’t face of someone who was angry on one person or even a group. He was angry at sky and the ground, heaven and earth, dead and alive.

He gathered not his remaining strength, but remaining life and shouts like he wanted even heavens to hear him

‘YOU FUCKERS BETTER PREY TO THAT BITCH, YOUR SHITHOLE OF A GODDESS THAT I DON’T REINCARNATE !!! BECAUSE I SWEAR THIS ON MINE AND MY SISTER'S NAME THAT YOU WON’T DIE BEFORE YOU BEG ME TO SEND YOU TO BURN IN DEEPEST PARTS OF HELL ITSELF !!!!!!’

As moonlight shines upon him it looked like his spirit came out with those words.

He is sleepy. His eyelids are heavy and are closing down. His story is close to the end when

‘To think I found something this interesting. He even dared to call goddess a bitch, not to mention a shithole.’

Boy in shock opens his eyes and tries to look around.

‘W... Who are you. Did they send you after me?! I’ am afraid you are too...’

Hahahhahahahahhahahaha!!!

Frantical laughter echoes through forest.

‘... late?’

‘Ha ha ha, isn’t this first time someone thought I work for a mere ants!?’

‘Then, who are you and why are you trying to disturb my final rest. Let me die in peace.’

‘O, little slave wants to know who this Young master is?’

‘Do you think a dying man have time to care, just leave me to die alone.’

‘You are a feisty one, I like it. What would you think if I said that this Young master is just a lonely Demon!?’

Shock...

Boy’s was more surprised then if a goblin started to fuck him in the ass right now.

‘D... Demon!??’

Shocked face quickly turned to amused while trying to laugh it off.

‘Ha ha, what a day, ha... First they chopped my arm off, then raped and killed big sis and when I tried to run away I meet a demon. Ha ha, isn’t this hilarious, ha ha sob ha...’

Tears are started to flow again

Tears of sorrow...

Tears of guilt...

Tears of anguish...

‘Even... Even a Goddess abandoned me!

‘Well, you did called her a bitch.’

At a realization boy felt like he was torn apart by a direwolf.

‘And if I remember correctly, was it a shithole?’

Direwolfs move in packs.

‘I... I... forgot...’

‘You are a funny little human. How about making a deal with me to grant you your deepest desire?’

‘What!?’ question took him by surprise and he asks with confused tone

‘Don’t tell you are brave enough to insult a Goddess, but scared to make a deal with a demon?’

‘No, no, I think it was common knowledge to not make a deals with demons.’

‘So, am I rejected?’

‘Who said that? Common knowledge is only for people that have something to live for, I have nothing. If I can avenge my sister and at the same time spit in bitches face, I am more then satisfied.’

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha !!!!!!!!!

Tremble...

Ground starts to shake as mad laughter echoes through entire forest.

‘I love it, such resolution, such drive, such hatred towards Heavens, ha ha.!!’

‘I am glad you are enjoying this, but can we move on before magic you casted on me ends?’

Silence...

Nothing can be heard, not wind or trees, not river or wildlife. It looked like even mother nature was surprised.

‘So you figured it out, what gave me away?’

‘Only those with no brain wouldn’t noticed it. I was on verge of death, how could I have time to speak with you for this long?’

‘Well it was really obvious when you say it like that. And don’t worry about magic. Even if I can’t do more then this, I can keep you on verge of death for couple of hours.’

‘Is that so, huh?’

At this moment, thought dawned on him. He is going to die, he is going to die and he made a peace with it.

Where one story ends, other one...

‘Child! What is your name?’

‘So, Young master wants to know this little slave’s name? I don’t have first or last name, but if you wish to call me something please use name that my sister bestowed upon me. Erin, meaning “Morning breeze”’

‘Then Erin tell me, “Do you want to live”’

0