Bazinga
310 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, when he arrived back to the group, Gareth burst into laughter and began to collect bets from everyone, handing some of it to Dale while he chuckled.

''What was the bet?"

''People bet how long it would take you, a lot of the new kids didn't think you could do it in that time, got me enough change to pay for my first six rounds at the Fetility when we get back.''

Gareth cackled while he walked away, Dale depositing the valis into his inventory before he made his way back to the command group with Gareth.

Once he returned Finn gave him a nod, Riveria seeming to relax with relief as Ais waved to him.

He handed Ais a chocolate bar as he sat next to her. ''Anything interesting happen while I was gone?"

Finn raised his shoulders. ''I watched Gareth swindle our newest members, which actually isn't that out of the normal, but we did get to watch Ais dance around some poor group of snap trap plants. It actually looked like they got angry because they couldn't reach her as she jumped over and around them."

Dale scratched at his chin, a sudden thought appearing in his hand about creating strong air burst type bullets that had enough force to propel someone, it could help with air movement for those who used it. It wasn't a lot of people, but it would give those who did an even greater air superiority.

''Oh no... Dale's thinking again.''

Dale raised a brow. ''What?''

Gareth chuckled. ''Every time you get a possible devious or helpful plan, you suddenly look off, your eyes don't move but they unfocus, like you're staring at something the rest of us can't see. After every time you do it, you end up pulling something out your ass that surprises everyone.''

Dale chuckled, nodding before he pulled out four bullets. ''I was just thinking about how these would be useful.''

Riveria's eyes went up as she suddenly stood, walking over and in a show of confidence sat ate Dale's left side while she leaned forward to start examining the rounds. ''Are these the magical bullets?''

''Yeah, once I got all the materials, including the press it was easy to get them working with my magic... They're incredibly dangerous though because of how fragile the magic is.''

''What do you mean?'' IT was Finn who asked, taking an interest in these new bullets.

''You could set these bullets off by throwing them, so in theory, I could make magical grenades?"

''What do the bullets do? I can sense the magical energy in them.''

''I separated them by color, to make it easier to identify them for others who can't just, automatically load them.''

He shifted his fingers, making three of the bullets lower into his palm while only showing the blue-tipped crystal one.

''Ice magic on demand, shoot it or throw it. Once it strikes it will create a large ice mound, which could be used to freeze smaller enemies entirely, slow medium-sized, and possibly slow some larger targets? It's also a good way to block off a cave, fire one or two of these and you have a pseudo ice wall, that doesn't use any magic to keep and it gives time for people to run.''

His hands shifted, the blue-tipped one lowering as the red one raised. ''Fire, a controlled burst of high-intensity flames sort of like a fireball but more concentrated. It can be incredibly useful against taking out those weak against flames, but also taking out smaller weaknesses such as eyes, ears, blowing off some scales.''

Again his fingers shifted as a brown-ish one was raised. ''Earth, this one is different as after a certain amount of air time it will basically create a boulder around it. I made this to test to see if it could stun, and possibly save someone from larger monsters... Worst case? It does nothing but pisses them off enough to make them look at me instead.''

Dale then grinned, his hand shifted as all other bullets vanished, only leaving a very defined purple one, looking the sleekest compared to the rest of them.

''The one I spent the most time on, or at least its idea. A lightning round, capable of incredible acceleration and some killer penetration power. With these, I should be able to continue damaging some of the things around here.''

Gareth grunted. ''What's acceleration exactly?''

''The increase in which something gains in speed, or the change in velocity per unit of time.''

Gareth stared at him, slowly drinking from his flask while still making direct eye contact.

''Think of it like this, you know how if you run, slam your foot down then throw a spear, it has more force then a spear launched from standing?''

Gareth gave a nod, finally something he understood better.

''Bullets are the same thing, I could throw them, but they would do no damage, it is because of the speed in which they accelerate that makes them so dangerous. You've spared with Bete before right?''

''His punches aren't entirely 'Strong' it's the speed at which he moves, and uses his body that makes them strong, momentum and such.''

Gareth nodded, understanding slowly better.

''So, now imagine a single bullet as 10 Bete's worth of speed, fast, but manageable, right?''

''This lightning round, accelerates at 80 Bete's worth of speed, like a bolt of lightning.''

Gareth's brows raised a bit before his eyes slowly began to widen as it finally clicked on how dangerous something like that would be, which caused Dale to chuckle.

''If you drop a rock, from the top of the tower. You could take out a level 6 adventure as a level one... Now, let's say you dropped a small boulder? You could take out a small house full of them.''

Gareth's face seemed to pale, taking another deeper swig of his drink. ''Man am I glad you're the only person we know who thinks about these things.''

Dale felt a tug on his shirt and turned to look down at Ais while she looked up at him. ''Would it, in theory... Be possible to throw something large and heavy from the 25th floor, and have it damage and possibly kill the Monster Rex Amphisbaena?''

Dale grinned at her question, the others freezing at that. Dale lowered a hand onto her head, ruffling her hair. ''See, this is why I like you Ais, you're quiet and smart, yes it would be possible.''

Dale's grin became larger, that same maniacal grin showing its fangs as he slowly turned to the others. ''So, on that note... I have a plan.''

11