Time
88 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Me becoming a grandfather was the first step in a new species emerging in full. Over centuries and eons, the Cloud Walker race had reached thousands. A trade off for longevity and potential was low fertility, so only thousands. Around 40,000 so far.

Cloud and Gust were revered as the great ancestors. I was worshipped as a deity. While I don;t consider myself to be a deity as my power comes from science and not divinity; I won't stop them as they have free will. I told them I wasn't a god too and they just ignored that statement.

I must admit I love them though. I never really had a family or was a family person. I made Cloud on a whim and now she is near and dear to me.

More time passes, billions of years. I have long heard of the Kree, Skrulls and Nova empires. I have watched the Celestials weaver their works. They, much like my people tout themselves has bringers of life. Yet, they are born from the death of a sentient civilization and destroy a world. Their existence is hypocritical. They do indeed spread life though. I see so much of my former race in them. These beings too would have been judged unworthy.

The 3rd and 4th worlds from the sun in my system. These worlds have started to develop simple life. The 4th world started sooner though. I watched along with my daughter and son as they developed. The 4th world evolved sentient beings first. They started to call themselves Martians at one point and it stuck. They had named their planet Mars.

By the time the Martians had become a tier 4 civilization, the 3rd world had evolved its own sentient species. It was during this time a celestial saw Mars and Earth. I saw it took out a celestial seed. I can guess what it wanted to do with it. I no longer carry the Mantle of Responsibility, so I can be selfish. This is my system, the life within is under my care.

I keep Antecedent and its moon veiled. I head out myself. I teleport in front of the celestial. He is surprised by me.

I say, "Arishem, this system and the life within is under my care. Plant the seed of your sibling elsewhere."

Arishem becomes curious, "Who are you to command me? And what are you?"

I answer confidently, "I am The Trifect. The last of a dead civilization that once did your work. I no longer carry the burden, but that allows me to be selfish. Go elsewhere with the seed celestial. I will not allow it."

Arishem responds, "What makes you think you can stop me, Ghost."

I scowl beneath my helm, "You are not stronger than me celestial. I am the last for a reason. You create stars that then harbor life-sustaining planets. Planets which evolve life. I, am capable of creating life directly. We are not the same. Do not force my hand Arishem. This is the time to show your wisdom."

He puts away the seed, "I will judge if you are my match the."

He attempts to attack me with gravitational forces. Child's play, I negate it all. He tries to throw black holes at me, I break them apart. He tries to burn me away with the power of a thousand stars. I dissipate the power.

Arishem seeing me deal with his attacks in a easy and knowledgeable manner stops.

He says to me, "I have seen. Very well Trifect, this system is yours to preserve. I will seed another world. Goodbye, I will remember you."

I sigh and teleport back to my home(palace) in Cloud City as it is now called. Cloud immediately jumps on in a tearful hug. She apparently saw the confrontation and became scared. As a matter of fact, most Cloud Walkers saw it. Now they revere me more, jeez.

Now the Martians and what I now recognize to be humans are free to live. I am pleasantly surprised this universe has evolved humans that are 99.99 percent identical to my old universe.

The Martians are green humanoids with minor telepathic abilities. They have very short noses, and bald heads.

They have launched probes out into space already. Some are getting close to here. I have also noticed another civilization called the Asgardians. One named Bor has started a war to conquer 8 other worlds. He is a "god", but only because of his divinity. He cannot create life, none of his pantheon can create life. They can only fight and do magic.

Years pass and the Cloud Walker civilization has reached the hundreds of millions. I believe it time to reveal ourselves now. The moons had all become shield-worlds by now too. The Martians were almost tier 3 by now too. They had a set back because of some world wars, which is why they're getting to it now.

The humans are in the stone age. Arishem actually came some years ago to ask permission to conduct an experiment. As I deemed it not harmful tot their development, I allowed it.

Now revealed, I sent Cloud to make friends with the Martians. She made quick friends and she helped the Martians develop faster. Bor saw all this as a threat and tried to conquer my system too. I wanted to set them packing, but Cloud stopped me.

She says to me, "Father, we can protect ourselves now. Let us fight, the Martians want to fight too so they show that no time has been wasted on them."

I reluctantly agree. I was worried for nothing though. Cloud and Gust kicked their asses. Even the Martian King Hanshier showed great power. No Cloud Walkers died, but some dozens of Martians did die. They were laid to rest respectfully and honored.

More time passed. The Kree came knocking one day for a diplomatic visit. They sued for a treaty and permission for a human experiment. I saw the experiment as not harmful and let them do it. It would help them progress and give humans more potential.

Bor died later on and was succeeded by his son Odin Borson. Odin finishe dhis war and subjugated all the 8 "realms" as they call them. He then asked me for a treaty of alliance. I agreed as I saw him to be changed and wizened by the violence. Now we protect the 9 realms together. The Asgardians, the Cloud Walkers, and the Martians under one banner of alliance. We didn't have a name for ourselves though.

The three civilizations began to exchange culture, technology, magic, knowledge, and even some intermarriages.

Peace was achieved for a time. Then the frost giants had to attack what is now Earth. Humans are now in the iron age for the most part, but still to weak to deal with the Jotuun.

So we three dealt with them and drove them all back home. Odin's sons were good fighters, but knuckleheads in their own ways. Thor made the mistake of even coming onto my daughter. He was laughed at so hard he locked himself away in embarrassment for months.

Then the time came when humanity became close to a tier 5 civilization, the atomic age.

4