Captain Marvel
131 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world wars came to an end when the United States dropped two atomic bombs. This signaled the start of the atomic age. There were no large wars like before for the rest of the century. Towards the end of the 20th century, an interesting occurrence happened.

A test pilot, Carol Danvers, blew up along with an experimental light speed engine the humans were testing in an aircraft. Finding a way to get to light speed is the lowest pre-requisite for a tier 3 civilization. Humanity can be considered barely tier 4 right now as they have spacecraft. Although none can exceed their solar system in travel because of how slow they are.

They've recently decreased their focus on space travel technology too. I have no idea what is going on in their heads nor do I care to look. Now I can understand why The Didact would call them monkeys sometimes.

Carol Danvers just up and disappeared from Earth after her accident. I decided to track her life signature and came to find that the Kree have her.

"I wonder what they will do. I did give them a go for there inhumans project a while back. I should check up on that, the Kree seem to have disregarded the project too. Let's see."

I search for the Inhumans, and find they are on the Moon and a rather secretive location on Earth.

I also detected some time anomalies, I didn't look into it myself, but I had Adjournment record the phenomenon. I took a gander at the recordings. I saw time-traveling mutants. I recognized them as the X-Men.

As to why they're time travelling, it looks to be stop some certain events. I sigh, "The inhabitants of Earth are all over the place. Some can time travel, make light speed engines, and others like pineapple on their pizza. They really are all over the place in terms of advancement. Then the mutants and Inhumans are hiding away and haven't taken a role in society after so many centuries."

I go back to working on a new device. Previously, I hadn't been able to look at the universe I'll be going to before I go through my trans-universal portal. Earlier, I made a device to specify existential coordinates, now I will create a scouting device.

I lose track of time in my lab as I work. When I finished the device some years had passed. Adjournment materializes beside me, "Master, a Kree fleet has appeared in our system. They are on a course for Earth and have already passed Antecedent."

I turn to her, "Adjournment, I made things clear to the Kree a while ago. Why is there a fleet here, what's there designation?" She responds, "They are under the command of Ronan, a wild card military leader who doesn't like to follow orders. His high status lets him get away with it though."

I scowl underneath my helmet, "He won't be getting away with this. Deploy a single corvetter to deal with it." Adjournment continues, "Master, there is on other thing. Subject Carol Danvers has returned to Earth too. It has been observed she was brainwashed by the Kree to be their elite soldier. The brainwashing is now undone though. Now she has decided to side with the humans."

"Delay my last order then, bring up her data.", I say. I look over her updated file. Her powers are impressive, on par with tier 2 weapons in some ways. Her ability is just hyper-accelerated and super dense light particles. She is a living sun in a way. Although there is some space ability present in her it seems.

I decide, "Adjournment, let Danvers take care of them then. She can defeat them with relative ease using her power. Anything else?"

She nods, "Your grandson, Walking Cloud, has been on Earth and involved in the situation under a human guise. He has been assisted Carol Danver's little group. Elevated hormonal and testosterone levels have been detected in him as well."

"Wait what!?...." I say a little stunned. The boy hasn't shown any interest since the day he was born. If I hadn't done a thorough medical check on him, I would have thought he was born with some sort of defect or disorder. The boy is like a 3 billion year old virgin sage. I start to get a little hopefully that my grandson will finally become a man.

I say to Adjournment, "Keep me updated." Adjournment nods, "I will Master."

A few hours later. Cloud and Gust teleported to my lab, they both say loudly, "Father! It's Walking Cloud! He wants to leave the system with that human girl!"

I nod as I already knew this, "So, what did you say to him?" Cloud answered, "I have of course said no." Gust answered, "I said yes though. Which is why we're here, we need a tie breaker."

I sigh, "Cloud, I think he should go. He finally found a female interest after some billions of years. I don't want my grandson to be an eternal virgin." Cloud huffs, "But Father, he's my firstborn Son. My first baby, and still my baby." I sigh again, "I know you love your baby boy Cloud, but he is old enough to go out to chase a girl. Strong enough too, as a sage, a strong one, he can handle most gods. If he ever needs help, we're just a slipspace portal away dear. Let him go Daughter."

She sighs as her shoulders droop, "Alright Father, I'll allow him to go." Gust rubs her back and hugs her as they teleport out.

I send a simple message to Walking Cloud that reads, "Have fun, good luck and I'll always be watching. I'm expecting great grandchildren from you at last ;) ."

I chuckle, as the lats part will embarrass my grandson. He is easily embarrassed.

Now I am heading to my dreadnaught, Aspiration. I install the two upgrades that will allow me to navigate existence, and see into the universe I'm going into without entering.

Maybe a more simple universe this time. This one is kind of wonky with all the gods and fluctuating power levels on Earth.

Let's check some out.

 


Thanks for reading
Also, it looks like PC readers(webnovel) can see full chapters again. I checked it today, and I could see full chapters. Yet me know if it is the same for you guys. I'm still posting on scribble hub too though.

3