A Week
270 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Information was easy to come across, especially when his system just gave him access to a lot of books about it all, picking the books that had true history, and the books that had 'widely known' history, making sure they knew both the truth and the lie perceived as the truth.

They spent the week until Saeko's birthday studying the world itself, there weren't many differences compared to their old ones other than the occasional 'event' that couldn't be explained by the normal people of the world.

Such an event was the one that happened when Sirius had chased down Ptere, as well as other events the veil between the human and the magical world had grown thin due to excessive magic use, or something strong enough to break it.

One major thing that they had noticed changed so far, instead of their being a 'secrecy' rule, that all wizards must follow.

There was now a 'veil' that separated the magical and the non-magical side, and only in cases of extreme magic or powerful creatures bothering the veil did it ever waver.

The veil had been created by a large group of wizards, powerful wizards. All in Merlin's time when they started to realize that even if magic was more common, it was still viewed like it was 'evil'. So, they had all worked together for years to create such a strong ritual that it created the veil, now powered by the ambient magic of the world and all that the magical creatures and people naturally release.

The only times it ever wavered was during large-scale battles, which were usually done in farm areas since there were usually large open spaces that people could fight in. Which resulted in magical lights, and the occasional 'UFO' spotting.

Ah yes, the magical people were the cause of the probing...

Actually, if a muggle was pulled into a veil-heavy area, as an experimental subject for a magical person... It wasn't actually that hard to consider that they would like aliens...

But probs? Were magical people anal lovers or something? Whatever.

Seth chuckled at his reading with that stray thought.

There were people who were considered 'gifted' who could see how the veil interacted with people, how magic worked called 'Seerers'.

There was a little notification when he read that, saying that they could turn it on and off, and for good reason.

When Seth turned it on he immediately had to squint at the bright lights that started to show up, just his breathing caused lights to enter and leave him.

Shizuka who was practicing levitation spells glowed brightly, the way her mana moved so naturally as it practically sang as she used her wand.

He turned it off, he would need to get better at using it or find some sunglasses that could help him focus it down more easily.

The girls had already started to focus on magic, since their suite was protected by the veil they didn't need to worry about the ministry hunting down magical use outside of designated areas.

Even with the veil intact, they still had a force responsible for dealing with magical incidents in non-permitted areas.

Mostly to make sure a wizard wasn't going around mind fucking people and turning them into their slaves or something.

It also helped locate magical creatures, somewhere able to cast magic but in its raw unrefined form, an example being dragonic fire, or pixie magic.

Elven magic was also such a thing, it was powerful because it was interacting directly with magic, not through words, a wand, or anything else. The simple form of magic was always the most powerful.

Everyone had already chosen their 'specialty' magics.

Shizuka chose to be their medic as usual but also leaned into defensive magics and buff magicks.

Saeko chose to be a close-range damage dealer, buffing herself, her sword, and parts of her body.

Rika chose to be a 'spell sniper' able to just line up shots and hit hard.

Seth had decided to go the jack of all trades, with a focus on control. Since he wanted to control the flow of combat, at their current strength it wouldn't be anything huge like causing it to rain, but that didn't mean he couldn't summon water in an area and then turn it into ice, or electrify it.

The hardest thing for Seth was to learn that even if he used it like one. His wand was not just a knife, it was also a wand. So remembering to actually use magic was annoying, that's why he had Sam monitor situations and then offer advice on what would be the best course of magic to use given said situation.

Another thing he noticed was different is, that there weren't just 'magical' classes anymore, there was also physical education as well, going further into that, where 'Knight' training classes, the papers they had 'said' they were orphans, but in fact, all four of them were from prevalent Knight families, especially himself and Saeko, whereas Shizuka was the last in line from a long line of healers, and Rika a long line of mages.

Seth was actually a 'Lord' giving him rights to have subsidiary families. It just turns out that technically, his three subsidiary families were also his harem members.

Talking about said members, with each passing day, getting closer and closer to Saeko's 18th birthday, she was getting more and more serious.

Preparing herself for something, she said she refused to have a birthday party, as it wasn't important.

No she wanted Seth, she wanted to lay with him and to be officially marked as his, like she wanted to, like she earned the right to be.

Only because of Seth has she waited this long, she didn't push or try and convince him to not wait either, she was patient. Letting a lot of the comforts that Seth could give her wait until she was eighteen. Cuddling was fine, and she would be lying if she said she hated the forehead kisses.

But she wanted more, it being 'ignored' the fact that Saeko watched whenever Seth laid with Shizuka or Rika.

How he tended to each of their needs even if they were together, how he made the both of them feel special, and if he ever spent longer with one, he made sure to spend an equal amount of time with the other.

Seth was good at juggling bitches. Simply because he understood how communication and emotions were.

That didn't mean she didn't seek comfort from Seth, he was a great sparing partner, a few levels above her, and Seth never held back against her.

She has not won once.

For each trick, move, or even recent magic she used. Seth was always ready, meeting her with greater force.

He didn't even use all his cards, refusing to use Sam in spars due to her ability to practically read Saeko, and know exactly how much Seth could move, how hard he could hit.

Sam could calculate the exact moment Seth could win with a single move, and Seth refused to use something like that in a spar against someone he cared for. If he was going to win, he was going to do so using his own strengths and body.

And God did it turn Saeko on.


Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

2