Waking up
1.7k 2 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a sharp breath he suddenly sat up, pain immediately assaulting him, both his chest and his abdomen in severe pain.

As he sat up he hit his head against a low roof, holding his head he leaned down as he gripped at his head, not having felt this kind of pain in a while he released a low groan.

The body as if on memory curled up tightly on itself as he got into the fetal position.

Memories began to slowly trickle in.

Memories of this new body and the life it had lived, parent slaughtered by some guy who could throw lights from a stick, only to end himself by the same greenish light.

The memories continued, him growing up in an abusive family, like a child slave, and then the letters, the letters had begun to assault the house, and he had only managed to steal a single one, having read it over and over, and over again.

A school had wanted him, a useless child who could do nothing but bad things.

But the letter he had hidden had been found, and he had been beaten badly, the last thought he had slowly remembered while his vision was darkening was that if magic was real, he hoped he'd live in a world filled with it one day.

The poor kid, was killed before he could even experience the thing he wanted the most.

Harry flinched a bit, the pain throbbing reminding him that he might follow the kid if he doesn't hurry.

His breathing began to slow down, becoming more controlled, slowly the darkness of his mind began to slowly clear, revealing a single star within the vast darkness.

Taking that star and gently cradling it in his hands he began to gently breathe onto it.

Each breath made the breathing just a little easier, the pain a little less, and the star a little brighter.

The person inside Harry was no longer... 'Him' exactly, but a far different person, from a different plane of existence.

Whereas this might be a world of magic, this person came from a world of martial arts and mystical energy.

People could throw lightning from their fingertips and could cleave mountains with a single stroke of a sword.

His name had been Hijio, a lone orphan on a difficult path of mastery, as he aimed to master everything he could, using the extended life span cultivation and martial arts brought him, to be able to one-day claim mastery over them all.

Now, he would take the name of Harry, not for some noble goal of living for the boy. No, because he wanted to live, if he of all people died and was given a new chance, then a boy who had been tossed through some of life's worst battles at such a young age, then he would definitely get another chance as well.

Harry continued to breathe on this star within his mindscape, the longer he did the stronger it would grow, and where one star was, others would gather.

He slowly brought himself from his mindscape, since he has begun to breathe light into the star, it would slowly accumulate energy by itself.

For now, he needed nutrients, the energy might help him, but it would not help the gnawing pit of starvation in his stomach.

Slowly peeking out to see the time of day, as the young Harry had done so many times he noticed it was dark.

Opening the small door to the cabinet under the stairs he slowly got out.

Without a sound, he was able to get down the hall and into the fridge. He wasn't confused by the technology, because from where he had come from there were many places, many planets, and realms, were quite a few such places that had the technology of this level, if he wanted to he could even drive a car, but without an idea of where he was, and no information to go on, it would do him no good.

He went through the fridge and the cabinets. Anything that could help him put food into his small frame, eating slowly and surely so as not to make himself sick and throw up.

He began to search everything else, finding what looked to be the currency of some sort. Harry had a crude idea of the money of this world, knowing about it from the school he was forced to attend, but he never took an interest in it.

Now of course he did since he knew exactly the use of it, his memories helping him get a good idea of how much he would need to do certain things.

He then began to search the house, getting a bookbag, shoes that were slightly too large for him but with a few extra socks, and tightening the strings so they fit enough so he didn't need to worry about them slipping off.

He took nonperishable foods, along with extra clothing.

Easily able to sneak up the stairs and into the other rooms of the house, so many years sneaking around extremely pissed-off sect members gave him a lot of experience.

He emptied the wallet and purse of his 'Aunt and Uncle' while also emptying the safety box the fat kid of theirs kept beneath his bed.

Once he got a sizable amount of money, he returned to the cabinet with a letter and writing utensil.

It took him a few minutes to write things at a level he liked he began to write back to the address of the sender of the letter that he remembered. At least where it had said to write to.

He simply said that he would love to attend the school, however, due to unfortunate circumstances, he was currently on the move, and might need to use the magic they speak of to properly find him when they were ready to do so.

Once he had the letter sealed and ready to be sent, he sat there for a moment, his face twisting in confusion as he tried to remember how they sent it in his old life.

Once he focused he remembered they put it into a metal box outside.

Having nothing else he wanted he left the house without having made a sound the entire time, walking down the street he eventually found a large metal box that was blue, it had the same picture of a letter that he remembered, putting his letter in he continued to move, keeping the jackets he had taken tightly around him to keep himself warm.

Any energy that he had access to was being sent directly to the star, planning to light the first few stars that were considered 'Foundation Stars'.

As he filled those they would not only increase the amount of energy he had access to at a time, but they would also make it so the energy he used was purer, meaning that the energy would also be better spent. He wanted to use some of the energy to begin to help heal himself, but he needed at least a single star lit up before he could.

 


 

Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

 

57