Minerva McGonagall
1.1k 5 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harry felt something, it has been a week since he's been focusing on healing and gaining more energy. He hasn't filled the second star yet, most of the energy he was getting was being focused on healing his body.

So far he could breathe a lot better than before, with only minimal pain so that was great, packing all his belongings, which were just his clothing, food, the things he used to write useful information down, pocket knife, and a snickers bar he bit into the open snickers bar as he slashed the two runes he had made, canceling their effect as he jumped out the window.

As he began to travel around the library he found what he had been feeling.

Someone was looking for him, looked like an older woman, that looked exactly like a witch just standing near the doors of the library with a confused expression.

Harry slowly chewed the bar before he spoke out once his mouth wasn't full.

''You from Hogwarts?''

The woman jumped a bit, turning around to look down at him, once her eyes found his a lot of emotion rushed forward, most of it being happy as she looked upon Lily and James' child, having those beautiful eyes and the same round glasses.

But then it slowly twisted a bit into anger and worry, the boy was taking care of himself... But the wear and tear on his clothes, how small he was, the fading bruises hidden beneath his collar.

''Is your name Harry?''

''Harry Potter to be exact, but yeah.'' Harry gave a slow nod.

''Why did you run away from home?'' She spoke, already having an inkling as to why as rage built up.

Harry blew air from his nose in a quick snort. ''Home? That place was not home, I remember what home was. It was with my real parents, in Godric's Hollow before they were killed by a snake-faced ba...'' Harry growled lowly as he held himself back from cursing, the emotion of hatred still thick.

It was hard to use both the small amount of maturity he had before he died and the struggling emotions of his body now. It was hard to find maturity in the world he used to live in, especially when your life span was increased, you matured many more times slower, and Harry knew that he was quicker to anger than he most likely should for his true age... Being a kid had little to do with that.

The woman's eyes quickly became a storm of emotion as she realized what he just said. He remembered the night at Godric's Hollow, he remembered watching his mother get murdered by Voldemort...

''But why did you run?'' Her voice was shaking slightly, a mixture of anger and sadness, no matter what she had been prepared for, it was not what she was ready for when Harry lifted his shirt.

There were two extremely nasty bruises, covering his upper chest and stomach, but there were smaller ones, and cuts as well.

Anger flared through her before she grabbed his hand. ''Come with me, I am taking you away from this place... Albus will have words with me, this I swear.''

''Whatever you say, Aunt Minerva,'' Harry said, still trying to finish his candy bar as the woman stopped suddenly.

She turned to look at him, her eyes were moist. ''What did you say?''

''Aunt Minerva, I remember the joke Mom made with you, a joke you laughed off, but you've shown more love for me in the few moments we've known each other than I ever got with my real au-.''

Harry was silenced as she suddenly kneeled down, bringing Harry into her arms as she hugged him, scared if she hugged him too tightly she would hurt him, but afraid if she hugged him too weakly it wouldn't convey the feelings she needed.

Feeling him in her arms, how small he was and how he was near skin and bones only made her angrier. Sucking in a slow breath she slowly pulled away from him. ''I am... So sorry Harry... I knew leaving you with them was a bad idea. I am so sorry.''

''For the Greater Good.'' Harry quipped, which caused the Witch to flinch gently before she stood once more, taking his hand she began to walk once more.

''If the Greater Good can't protect a single child... Blast it.''

They walked in silence, as she headed for the nearest phone booth, once she was there she began to cast magic before a voice was heard once she finished.

''Destination?''

''Floo-Network.''

''Permission?''

''Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry Minerva McGonagall.''

They were suddenly pulled down as the floor pulled them under into what looked to be an elevator. Minerva grabbed onto the bar at the corner of the ceiling of the elevator. ''Hold onto the bar tightly Harry, this can get quite chaotic... I hate taking these, but you are too weak for Apparition.''

Harry gripped the bar that was just above his shoulder, which was a little above waist height for Minerva as the elevator suddenly jerked aggressively forward before it shot off.

Harry honestly had a good time, but with each sudden jerk, and shift in momentum Minerva gripped the bar tighter, her face twisting a bit in displeasure with each time before it calmed out.

Looked like she really did hate this, but after almost ten minutes of this did it finally stop. The door opened as Minerva used her wand to open the gate without a word. Taking Harry's hand again she began to walk down the dark marbled hall she had been taken to.

Harry gazed around, actually quite liking the dark aesthetic, a far cry from the bright and showy things he was used to in his previous life.

Soon she made her way to what looked to be a large fireplace, turning to Harry she spoke. ''You must be clear and say it properly, and picture the world as clearly as you can in your mind, you are to take this powder, then when ready throw it at your feet, then with clear words, and a clear image, say Hogwarts. Can you do this for me, Harry?''

He nodded to her before she motioned him forward.

''When the green flames finish, step out of the fireplace so I can come through, understood?''

He nodded again before she motioned him to continue.

Looking at the powder in his hand he sniffed it a bit which caused the witch to snicker softly.

Throwing the powder down he spoke clearly. ''Hogwarts!''

Then, he was engulfed with green flames.

 


Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

49