Dark… Dark Magic
591 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harry held Minerva's hand as he walked through the castle, it leading him to the quickest way until they came behind a painting, pushing it open there was a loud noise of a snore, it seemed most the paintings were still asleep as Dumbledore worked quietly at his desk.

That didn't mean Harry just 'snuck' up on him, few had the ability to access this passage, and when he felt the familiar feeling of one of his favorite students... One of his favorite family members begin to enter he smiled softly as he leaned back.

Relaxing in his chair he pulled a lemon drop from the bowl he had prepared, one of his favorite candies as the sour tinge always tingled the back of his tongue.

As he sucked on the lemon drop he stroked his beard as he watched the painting of one of the Headmasters from before move, the 'Great' Phineas Nigellus Black, a more shrewd headmaster, but skilled as all the ones before and after him.

He waved his hand gently, silencing all the paintings, some of their snores helped him focus, weirdly enough.

''Harry, and Minerva. A pleasure to see you this holiday, I thought bo-... Well, at least one of you would be enjoying their time off.'' Albus rumbled in amusement, but he noticed the look on their faces, Harry was...

Unnatrually good at hiding his magic, and his emotion from him. It wasn't due to the school or his rings, as Empathy magic was under a different regulation that the rings didn't protect against, but Minerva even in her old age and experience had a nervous bubble around her, only calmed by the firm hold of Young Harry's hand.

''Sorry Headmaster, but we have something to report... Fawkes, can you please deliver these?'' Harry asked as he held up the bundle of papers.

The Pheonix trilled softly as it landed on Harry's shoulder to peer at the documents, seeing that Harry got a good score it sung a musical tone of congratulations before taking them into his tallons as Harry brushed his knuckle along it's beak.

''I'm sure you'll be able to find Hermione in the library already, enjoying the day off by studying more.'' Harry spoke as the bird nodded before it lifted off Harry's shoulders, a wave of warmth brushed along everyone as the bird became consumed in flame and vanished.

''Sometimes, it feels like he listens to you better then he does me.'' Albus chuckled before he relaxed, his face sobering up. ''Now... What has you so worried, Minverva, Harry?''

''Do you know of the unicorn deaths recently? Well, Harry has a piece of information to these disappearances... He originally held them back because he hadn't noticed anything wrong with students, and nothing on the school grounds was happening so he assumed it was fine for now, to wait until we were less busy to deal with it.''

Albus raised a bushy white brow in response, Harry was connected to this school on a very deep level, such a level that it was no surprise he could keep track of things inside it through the connection.

''Professor Quirrell is hiding incredibly dark magic in his turbine. Just dark magic that each day it is less him and is more than dark magic, it is decaying his body and flesh.''

At first, Albus's brows furrowed... Decaying? Then it clicked for him. Garlic, Unicorns.

Magic rumbled off Albus in a silent rageful wave before it was quickly controlled again.

He showed no physical reaction, simply kept rubbing his hand through his beard before speaking.

''Harry, can you make it so the castle monitors his movements through the day? To keep track of him?''

Harry nodded firmly, about to ask something before being cut off by Minerva.

''Albus... We should include Harry in the knowledge of the things that happen at the school, so he can help us when something like this happens again?''

Albus' brows lowered, his face showing a momentary sadness before he took a breath. ''I suppose so... Even if I disagreed, it would be truly hard to hide anything going on in the castle from him... We will start speaking with Harry about things that happen, but only the two of us, if his connection... And ownership of the school gets out right now, it will be chaos.''

''If that's in agreement, what is really on the third floor behind Fluffy?''

''You know even its name?'' Minerva asked, causing Harry to chuckle.

''Hagrid, I simply mentioned my interest in the Cerberus, and he spilled the beans about one he takes care of, there is only one on campus, so it wasn't hard to guess... He is also incredibly friendly as long as you know how to please him, he even let me clip his nails.''

Albus' brows went up before he chuckled softly, of course, Harry would be able to clip the nails of a Cerberus.

''The Philospers stone is hidden away in the school right now.''

Ah, the Red Gemstone, the Elixir of 'Eternal' Life, unlimited Gold. An interesting specimen that he wouldn't mind getting a hold of, unlimited Elixir and gold would be great for an Alchemist such as him... Should he make his own Philospers stone?

''You're not surprised?'' Minerva asked, when she had heard, she fainted.

''Albus and Nicolas are great friends, and other than the ministry, the safest place for such an object would be here, and Nicolar has expressed his dislike for the ministry recently, especially with some of the more recent laws on alchemy going around. Nicolar should be nearing 668 soon, at that age I'd think about resting as well.''

Albus nodded softly, he planned to soon begin taking the Elixir, in hopes that is will return some years to him, and allow him to live a bit longer, there are still plenty of thing he wishes to research, Nicolar had infact gifted the stone to Albus.

''Indeed... That might be what Quirrell is looking for, that is something that would be able to extend his life even further.'' Harry admitted and Albus continued to rub his beard softly with a nod.

''That... Reminds me, I have something to show you, since we are... 'Putting all cards' onto the table.'' Harry admitted, he had been thinking about what to do with the piece of dark magic he found, the magic still in his skull, but for now he would handle the one he could handle now.

He reached his hand forward and asked the school to give him the jar.

The moment it seemed to slid from the ceiling and land in his hand, Minerva recoiled at the feeling of it and Albus stood sharply.

''Harry... Where did you find that?'' Albus asked slowly.

''In the Ravenclaw Diadem, I used the protection of the Pendragon ring to force the creature out, it was also what was causing the curse on the role of DADA professors all these years.''

Albus moved slowly around the counter, his hands steady at he took the jar form Harry and held it up, watching as the shadowy wisp raged within the jaw, attempting to escape it's prison.

''This... This is a horocrux... Dark, Dark magic. Not like other dark magic, this is self inflicted... Psuedo-immortality by splitting your soul, but it comes with a dark, dark price... It curses you... A dark, and powerful curse, one that can not be broken.''

Albus turned the jar slowly in his hand, before he spoke softly. ''I can deal with this, but what of the Diadem?''

Harry breathed in deeply before exhaling, the Diadem slowly forming around his head, pushing back his hair, it looked almost like the crown of a prince now.

''I see, and it has chosen you as the heir... Good, Helena will be happy one of her own houses has gained the right to wear the Diadem.'' Albus nodded solemly as he placed the jar on his desk.

''I'm sorry, but I must run a few tests, and afterwards destroy this magic, Harry if you come across anymore, you must bring them to me with the utmost precaution, and if you can avoid it, don't touch them, bring them to me... Your rings are powerful, but I can't stomach the thought of more happening to you then had already transpired.''

''What of Quirrell?'' For only a moment, the mention of that name brought the age to Albus' eyes as he took a deep breath.

''We shall deal with him after the great feast... Minerva, call a meeting for the teachers, and compare notes as usual, but give a reason for him to stay busy. Harry, it might be hard but please go throughout the day as normal... Maybe get your friends together to clean the undercroft?''

Harry smiled, nodding as he turned to walk away, leaving the two 'Adults' to talk.

His face only thinned once he was out of sight, his arrogance for just the school grounds had cost unicorns their lives... He wouldn't lower his guard again.

Damn his need for heroics, it is what got him killed in the first place.

His mind gripped at his robes and he lifted into the air out of sight, keeping himself low and out of sight as he flew around the school to begin seeing if anyone wanted to help him clean the new Gym/Study hall they were given.


 

Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

 

19