The Southern Water Tribe(4)
54 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Boom*

The sound of fighting woke Nya and me up, quickly we went dressed and went outside ready for battle. I had my suit with me, by this point I started to go everywhere with this thing, I kind of felt like Iron Man while wearing it, a pity that I didn't know how to automate the suit in a way to put itself on me, it would be a massive time-saver, guess I'm no Tony Stark.

We hurried outside and saw the dark spirit and I got to say, those things don't look pretty. They gave an infested vibe and made you sick to your stomach, I have to say that this was one of those rare moments that made me question the mental health of the past avatar, the thing in front of me was enough to give me goosebumps and I wasn't normal person by any means. I have to give credit to Aang for being able to pacify a dark spirit when he was a kid.

Quickly coming out of my reverie I pull out a bomb and throw it at the monster. Shocker, it did no damage, what was I expecting, I knew that this thing was practically unkillable, all I hoped for was to slow it down, I had no idea what those things were made out of, I assumed hardened light particles and that it's entire body was pure energy, so disturbing them should at least buy us some time for Unalaq to get here and deal with this mess. Boy was I wrong, not only did it take less than a second for it to come back to its senses, it target me and made a mad dash to beat the living daylight out of me.

I started to run and throw bombs at it but the only thing that they seem to do was annoy the spirit. I knew that it was going to be a tough fight but I never expected it to be this tough. Luckily, I still had an ace up my sleeve, another bomb. I don't know what's with me I was never a fan of explosives but lately, I've started to appreciate more and more what a good piece of explosive can get you out of, guess when people around you can do magic you start to cling to what you know. The difference between this new one and the others was that this one was specifically made for destabilizing energy fields, granted this was a half-finished product since I couldn't get the math right, meaning sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, I didn't know what made it in some cases to fail, so I prayed to God that this time was one of the successful cases.

My prayers had been answered and to my surprise, the bomb worked like a charm. The moment it hit the creature it locked it into place and started to suck up its energy making it start to lose power. By this point, the dark spirit had started to shout soul-screeching screams.

"Ethan stop it! You're killing it!"

I look back and see Korra and the others rushing to my side.

"Sorry, Korra, I don't know how to stop it and even if I did, I wouldn't at this point, besides, it's a spirit, they are unkillable."

"What? Why? Why can't what you are doing to the poor creature?"

"Poor creature? A few minutes ago you were beaten to a pulp by this "poor creature", a few seconds ago I was running for my life and now for some inexplicable reason you want me to free this monster? NO WAY! All of us saw how it mopped the floor with us, I'm not too keen to see that happen again, what happens if we can't contain it? It could destroy the entire city if left unchecked!"

"Ethan, don't make me repeat! FREE THE SPIRIT!"

"Sorry to burst your bubble but I can't even if I wanted to, the bomb I used on this "poor creature" is a half-finished product, meaning I wasn't even sure if it would even work, I don't even know how to properly achieve the phenomenon."

"Asami, please, can you do something?"

"I... I'm not too sure... I saw Ethan tinkering at it, I... I even help him build the first prototype, he isn't lying, the math isn't complete we don't know how to properly shut it down... But, there might be a way, if we isolate the current then it might stop the reaction..."

I don't give Asami enough credit for how smart she is and her ability to think under pressure. I knew that if Bolin was to cover the emitter left behind by the bomb in an earth ball then the effect would stop, I wasn't lying, I couldn't do anything but Bolin could, it would an only be a matter of time for Asami to figure out this option but by that time Unalaq would be here ready to pacify the spirit.

"Ethan, please, can't you see he's hurting?"

In the distance, I could see the fabled spirit master coming our way so I finally relented and told them how to stop the device.

"Ok, fine! I want you all to know that this is a bad idea and if it kills us it's your fault! Bolin come here, do you see that thing right under the spirit, that is the emitter, make an earth dome around it, this should cancel out the signal."

Bolin did it just in time for Unalaq to get and pacify the spirit. I said a lot of shit about this man but I can't argue with the fact that he knows what he's doing.

2