Spiritual Journey(1)
63 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That morning all of us were present for Master Tenzin's departure, it was a bitter pill to swallow but, at the same time, I knew that it was for the best, certain things needed to fall into place for things to progress as I planned and this was one of them.

After we said our goodbyes the rest of us went to make preparations for the journey with Korra. But before I went to do mine, I went to Katara to check if there was something wrong with my body and how I use my internal energy. The process shouldn't have taken long, unfortunately, the other healers that tagged along were fascinated about the way my body healed itself. Why would there be other healers with Katara, well, they somehow found out how much of a beating I received in the past year and the astonishing speed at which I heal prompting them to want to see me. I didn't have a problem at first since all of them were great healers and they came here to find if my body had any sort of problem, what scared me was the kind of expression they made every time they scanned my body using water bending. If the doctors in Republic City made me uncomfortable, those old fossils scared me witless.

Once the scans were done they started to talk among themself for a few minutes, in the meantime, I made a list of the materials I need for the journey. I wanted to take my suit but there were too many problems with that, the temperature was one of them, I knew that coming here but I had a workaround for, I used a heating system to keep the suit at a constant temperature, it was amazing what simple solutions could do, the only downside was that it ate energy like it was nobody's business, I wanted so badly to take the suit along with me but I didn't have a way to recharge it so sadly I couldn't. The more I thought the more annoyed I become, most of my weapons would be useless in this climate and only a portion of them would be useable. Don't get me wrong I had tons of weapons for every situation but the arctic climate limited my choices.

"Ethan! Are you with us?"

Hearing this pulled me out of my reverie.

"Yes, yes, I got a little worried since you scanned me so many times."

"We are sorry, it's just that we have never seen something like this and I guess it got us pretty worked up."

"Tell me straight doc, am I dying?"

"NO, NO, NO, you are in top shape, even better than that, I have never seen a person that has such muscle density, and your chi is something I have never seen before. Benders usually have more chi in their body than non-benders this being one of the reasons they can bend, but you, you are something else, you have two times more chi than a normal bender, and yet you can't bend at all, can you?"

"Well, I can't bend air, water, earth, or fire so you tell me, so you are saying I'm fine, perfect. Now, if you excuse me, I have preparations to make."

"One more thing, that you should know, some of your chi pathways are clear, which is something that not even the avatar has."

"What does that mean?"

"It means that you use chi more efficiently than Korra in certain situations, we think that this is the reason why you can fight as you do and the reason you also heal faster. Another thing we also saw is that the rest of them are very slowly getting cleared as well."

"What does that mean, am I going to die sooner?"

"No, no, quite the opposite, you will live a lot longer and you will age slower. On that note, we would also like you to come to check up once in a while, even though you are perfectly fine we are trail through uncharted territory so precaution is advised."

"Thank you so much, Master Katara, you took a heavy load off my chest, I'm very grateful."

"There is no need to be so polite my child, the wisdom you have given the avatar till now can't compare to the small favor I've done for you. It's even hard to call it a favor since most of us come here due to our curiosity."

"I try to teach Korra as much as I can, the world is more complicated than we see on the surface, things aren't as black and white as we think, all I want for Korra is to understand how this world truly works so she can be the best avatar she can be and also the best person she can be."

"You truly are wise... When Tenzin told us about you I had my reservations but talking to you put all my worries to rest. If only we were so wise at your age, hah, how much more we could have done... Anyway, go and prepare for the trip, it isn't going to be an easy one."

I bowed and went to pack.

2