Civil War(1)
62 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We finished packing and headed out of the eye of the storm, well it couldn't be called the eye of the storm anymore since the storm disappeared with Korra cleansing the forest. I get on my snowmobile and start to follow behind the others, the further we got from the forest the more thin and weak the chi was getting, making my pores close themselves, till we got past what seemed like a barrier, where there was a massive change in the energy. It made me feel like I just jumped headfirst in a pit full of mud. It wasn't a pleasant experience but I quickly got used to it.

'Damn, I was planning to stop Korra getting Raava ripped out of her but I so want to get such a training place in Republic City! Guess I need to find a way to do both... Ah! Why does it have to be so hard!'

On our way back we didn't meet Tonraq as we were supposed to, this made Korra quite anxious, thankfully Mako managed to calm her down. It didn't take us long to reach the capital of the Southen Water Tribe, where we saw an armada of northern ships docking in the city port. It was as impressive as imposing to see such a sight, it even made me stealthily put my hands on a gun and a knife I took with me. For a moment it made me question if it wasn't better to just put a bullet in Unalaq's skull and call it a day, but it only took me a second to realize how stupid it would be. At this time he didn't do anything for me to warrant such drastic actions in the eyes of the others, prompting them to capture me. If I fired the gun civil war would truly break out, one more bloody than ever, without my suit I was sure that I couldn't escape without killing more of the people beside me, adding another reason to stay my hand.

While Korra went to the palace to talk with Unalaq, the others went back to their housing I went to Varrick's main ship. There I found him pacing around the room like mad.

"Hey, Varrick! Can I borrow your radio? I need to make a phone call."

"A what? Never mind, why do you need to? Does it help our situation? I have a cargo full of fish and the more we stay here the more likely it will be for them to go bad. Imagine the money I'm going to lose!"

"I just need to talk to some of the people back in Republic City to notify them that this trip will take more than expected and get a status report about our sales, the life of a businessman, it never ends..."

"Sure! Do whatever you want! Zhu Li, take him there!"

After saying this he goes back to his pacing. Zhu Li guides me to the commander's deck, then exits the room, leaving me to talk in privacy. I use the switches and get the antenna into position, I get to the right frequency and start to talk.

"Hello, is this Providence?"

"Yes, may I ask who this is?"

"I try to be a man of virtue."

"How may we assist you, sir?"

"Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth."

"I understand, friends are praying for your success, may you be safe in your endeavor. Anything else?"

"Those who protect Its gates should bring food and water while they travel, while they are of the important statute being humble it's a virtue. That was all, have a good day!"

"Have a good day!"

I put the microphone down and head to the door. When I open it I find both Zhu Li and Varrick.

"I didn't take you two for eavesdroppers."

"I wasn't, I was just curious what it was taking you so long, I thought you fainted or something so I came to check if you are ok."

'Damn, how thick-skinned can this man be!'

"Since you're here, might as well follow me back to Korra's house, I think there is going to be a gathering to talk about what's on there. I think it's the best place to talk about what to do next."

"Why do I have the impression that you already have everything figured out? Please, tell me you have a way out of this mess!"

I shrug, starting to move towards the exit.

"Hope is undying, but we are not."

"..."

'Wow! I didn't think he can stop taking, guess life is full of surprises.'

On the way, I stopped to meet with Nya since I didn't have time when I arrived.

"Miss me, love?"

She comes at me and hugs me.

"Where have you been?! I got so worried when the others arrived and I didn't see you!"

"Sorry, I needed to talk with some of our old friends back in Republic City."

"Is the situation this bad?"

"I'm not too sure, just in case I told them to bring their own food and water. Did Korra arrive?"

"No, but a few of the city elders have started gathering inside, Ethan they are scared..."

"I know, let's go in and calm them down before they do anything stupid."

3