Civil War(3)
350 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a cave, I hide eating some dried meat, waiting for the snowstorm to hit while sticking as close as I can to the engine of the snowmobile, my only source of heat.

'God fucking damn it! How long are they going to keep chasing me? It's already been two days!'

Roars came from behind me and I push the ignite button for the engine wanting to start running again.

"Come on! I don't have time for this."

Seeing that it didn't have any intention of starting, I took out a timebomb and set it to explode then I grab two of the provision bags I had and run away.

'Fuck! I only have about three days worth of food, two if I have to run and I'm in the middle of the fucking tundra!'

-------------------------------

In a back alley, a hooded man is waiting in the dark, the troops patrolling the main street don't seem to notice him, a couple more minutes pass and he's still there waiting and a layer of snow has settled on his clothes. As he is about to leave, multiple shadows emerge from the dark.

"Took you long enough, it seems that you've been slacking off while I was away. No matter, I'll train you guys better when we get back."

"We're sorry, Master Lucifer! Please follow us to our camp."

'The support I requested, finally came, and the plan was coming along nicely. I mobilized the southern water benders, but without the Heaven's Gate supplies, it would be hard to cause real damage.'

We started to run from rooftop to rooftop and eventually arrived near a building close to the Royal Palace, a premium hotel owned by a wealthy water tribe businessman that the Sato, now Nirvana Industries had cooperated with. We entered the building from a window that led to a hallway. Once inside the group leader pulled out a key and opened the closest door to us. Since my senses have improved, I could smell the gunpowder even before we got in the room. Inside was what I could only call an armory, the room's walls were broken down and the room looked more like a warehouse than a hotel room, there were crates everywhere with winged open gate stamps on all sides.

I came close to one and pulled the lid off one of them with my bare hands, startling the people near me.

'Every time' I said chuckling to myself.

I push the sawdust away to reveal a row of neatly packed explosives. I take one and look at it, it's the standard "boom boom" pack for operations. Then I checked the rest, some guns, close range and short-range, flashbangs, and of course attachments for their suits.

"Code names?"

"I'm Alpha, the team leader, that is Rho, sniper, Psi, weapon specialist and spotter, Lamda, engineering, and Iota, explosives expert."

"Are you the only ones here? I was expecting at least a few squads to come."

"Sir the others couldn't get past the blockade, HQ sent five squads but we were the only ones that managed to get here."

"Better than nothing." I said while shrugging.

I pulled out of my pockets multiple pieces of paper with information about the places where they needed to deliver the explosives and gave them to the team leader.

"Now that the easy stuff has been settled let's talk about the meeting between the south and the north. I'm expecting a total shitshow, so we need to be ready the moment chaos ensues to shoot down Unalaq, we only have one shot so we need to be prepared. Time is not on our side so any questions before we start?"

"Sir, are you sure that the negotiations wouldn't go well? Both parties agreed to meet isn't this a sign that both sides are ready to concede on certain things. Besides, isn't the Avatar Korra there? The Southen Water Tribe might be unsatisfied with the conditions but are you sure that things will escalate so much sir?"

"This meeting is nothing more than a farce to please the Avatar. I know for a fact that Unalaq doesn't plan to back down, not even an inch. He wants to create chaos and I'm sure he will get it. At this very moment, the elders of the south are planning to make an attempt at his life the moment the negotiations go in the wrong direction, of course, they don't expect me to know this."

"I'm confused sir, wasn't the main goal to kill the northern king? Why would be plotting this behind you?"

"No, the plan was to use gorilla tactics to make them suffer enough casualties or make enough desert, giving them no choice but to retreat. They want to kill the other tribe leading figure and he's expecting that. Even if I tell them that this is a trap they will think I'm just paranoid and will do what they want anyway actively hiding it from me, at least this way I know about what they're doing. The moment they fail, Unalaq is going to push soo many laws that it will destroy any chance at revolution. Since there is going to be an assassination attempt we better kill that bastard, this way we are going to get something out of it."

"Why not kill him tonight sir? We could easily get a vantage point and get a clean shot."

"It won't have the necessary impact, they will suppress the news, we need to time his demise with the use of the explosives for the most damage."

2