Chapter 29: Using the Enchantment (Incendio) (Edited)
147 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next Charms class was different. The Charms class was taught by a strangely small wizard: Professor Flitwick, the head of Ravenclaw, who was said to have goblin blood. He had won a dueling tournament in his youth thanks to his mastery of spells. Because of his small stature, he had to climb a stack of books to reach the lecture table. Like Professor Snape, he began his first class with a roll call, and when Harry's name was read out, he even yelped in excitement and fell off his stack of books, disappearing behind the table.

In the first Charms lesson, Professor Flitwick did not teach any particularly difficult spells. Instead, he demonstrated his wizarding skills by performing a few spells for the students.

"Here, everyone, watch this!" Professor Flitwick pulled out his wand and tapped the textbooks of two students sitting in the front row, who stood up as if they had come to life and danced a communicative dance together. Then he stepped down from the podium and walked down the aisle,

"What's your name? Sophie Roper? Good!". He pulled out his wand again and touched Sophie's quill, which rose and automatically wrote Sophie's name on the parchment.

He then did the same with a couple of other students' quills.

He approached Tom, "Tom Yodel, right?" He repeated the trick and Tom's quill didn't respond at all, lay in its pouch and behaved like a normal quill.

A hint of surprise shone on Professor Flitwick's face, "Oh? Feather immune to magic, interesting! This is a good one, take care of it!"

Professor Flitwick turned away, but the feather didn't catch his eye either, after all, there were countless spells in the magical world that could invalidate other magic. These magical objects were known as "magical immunes". But it wasn't much of a surprise, as Flitwick had three or four pens of his own.

He strode around the classroom, managed to get the attention of the young wizards, and returned to the podium.

"All right, children, let's get on with the day's lesson. As we all know, spells existed to make life easier for wizards and to make spell casting easier, the ancient European wizards had no spells, they learned the wonders of magic from the ancient runic alphabet, the world of magic was very immature, even varitology was not systematic..."

Professor Flitwick gave a bit of history of the magical world.

"So, Professor, were the wizards of old much weaker than they are now?"

The question came up.

"In general, they were not as strong as modern wizards, who were able to perform more complex magic more easily with the help of systematic spells and perfectly constructed wands, which actually lessened the influence of talent in learning magic, and I'm sure half of you wouldn't even have become wizards in ancient times. But the power of the ancient wizards was so polarized, the power of the strongest of the ancients is beyond our imagination, say Lady Ravenclaw, one of the founders of Hogwarts, who cast magic on the staircase that has survived a thousand years and still works the same way it did a thousand years ago.

The development of magic is like the use of fire by Muggles. It started with the lucky ones who stumbled upon the delicious taste of animals cooked by lightning, then with the drilling of wood for fire, flint for fire and so on. Later, with the development of technology, modern Muggles could easily light a fire with a match or a lighter. Can a man who uses a lighter to light a fire actually drill wood? Not necessarily, but a man who can drill wood and teach it to use a lighter is surely capable of lighting a fire with a lighter.

The same is true of magic. At first, magic was only in the hands of a few lucky, magical hybrids between animals and humans,

Then came the runic alphabet, and some people were able to gain power by learning the runic alphabet, and perhaps some gained great power, but the vast majority were mediocre, and perhaps a modern-day wizard with a restoration spell, the protego spell, or a disarm spell would have been able to run the show. The wand was the equivalent of a lighter, and it was only after the birth of sophisticated wand science that witchcraft and magic became widespread.

Well, without further ado, today we are going to learn a fire spell, Mr. Yodel, do you know what the fire spell is?" Freeway looked at his students.

"(Incendio)" Tom stood up and answered the question.

"Correct!" Professor Flitwick gave Tom a look of acknowledgement.

[Successful answer to Professor Flitwick's question, +10 magic stones.]

Tom's eyes lit up: 'Yes! So I can get magic stones by answering a question?'

Previously, he had only been able to get magic stones in one way: daily quests and achievements. The daily tasks were simple, such as passing a glass of pumpkin juice to your roommate, taking a serious shower, eating three steaks, etc., but unfortunately there were only four such tasks a day. The downside of achievements is that they are inconsistent, and Tom was confused about what would be considered an achievement.

Now, he's finally met a new way to earn magic stones!

But currently, there is one person who is blocking Tom's way of earning magic stones, that is Hermione, who has answered all of the following questions.

It's annoying!

Hermione did this, and it gave Tom such a headache that he decided to use a little extra trick.

"... This is the essence of the fire spell, so write it down." Professor Flitwick finished the class satisfied because, from his point of view, the students were highly motivated, especially Hermione Granger and Tom Yodel, who struggled to answer the questions, and Yodel looked as uncomfortable as if he was going to cry when he couldn't: what a good student! Better yet, they were both Ravenclaw students.

Of course, the young Gryffindor wizards in the class with the Ravenclaw students were dumbfounded: how could anyone possibly be willing to answer a question?

Ron sent a glare at Harry: I knew that witch was no good! Good thing she didn't come to Gryffindor.

Seeing that the students had memorized the main points of the fire spell, Professor Flitwick nodded and said, "Come, if you want to come up on stage and demonstrate, I can help you correct some of the problems..."

Hermione got up from her chair, she wanted to go to the podium and show her results, she was sure she could use the spell. But there was a sudden blackness before her eyes, and a figure had risen, in front of her.

"Professor, I'll do it." Tom took a stance, blocking Hermione's path.

Seeing two people get up at the same time, Professor Flitwick smiled, "No need to rush, one at a time, let's all go up on stage."

"Yes!" Tom nodded, and then just walked, walked, walked, walked, and got Hermione in a tight spot, and got to the podium first.

"Hey, this is very refreshing~" Tom was in a good mood: now I'll be the first to use the fire spell!

1