Chapter 7-The Ambush
43 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Just how long before we arrive at our destination?’ Bane wondered with an annoying expression on his face as he lay in his small portable wooden cradle inside the carriage in his swaddling clothes.

 

Not being able to move or hold a conversation was taking its toll on him. Mentally, he was going a little stir crazy with nothing else to do but observe all day and listen to the rambling of his maid.

 

His only view was the endless dense forest which appeared like a croquis drawing on a white canvas in his mind.

 

Normally, he wasn't the kinda guy that enjoyed and appreciated the beauty of nature. However, he would give up a leg If it meant he could witness the sunlight that streamed through the tall trees in the forest.

 

The flowering bushes, buzzing with bees, stretch branches out over the path in colorful arcs, while vibrant green ferns crowd in their shadows near the trail.

 

‘Well, at least I can somehow see unlike before.’ He consoled himself.

 

Furthermore, with Akhrṓmatos Vision skill merged with his appraisal skill, he was able to see and discern things a thousand times better than the naked eyes. He was able to see the world in its true and skeletal form.

 

‘I wish I could immediately enter the Astral plane again to kill my boredom, unfortunately, I can’t.’

 

According to the system, it will take another month before he could enter the Astral Plane after completing the tutorial.

 

Unlike before, he would need to pay if he wanted to enter the astral plane. Every entry will cost him a minimum of ten astral points for one hour which equaled a month in the astral plane.

 

Aside from that, he also learned from the system that he could bring anything out of the astral plane to the material plane by paying a certain price. It was also the same by bringing something or someone in.

 

“Once we get to the villa, I’ll give the young master a nice bath. Did you know the villa used to belong to your mother, it was one of her favorite vacation villas, now she has given it to you?”

 

“Though your father the duke wanted nothing to with you and wanted to get rid of you along with the duchess because they thought your existence has sullied the Asteroth’s family name, your mother stood against them to save your life. Your mother is very strong and brave.”

 

“Unfortunately, though your mother did save your life, she was unable to keep you with her in the main house.”

 

“The Duke thought that killing you was an act of mercy in itself due to your condition but your mother didn’t think so and couldn’t bear to let that happen.”

 

‘She sure is a chatterbox.’ Bane inwardly thought as she was listening to the rambling of the maid. She’s been at it for almost an hour. But thanks to that, he was able to gather some valuable information about his origin.

 

Apparently, he came from a very powerful and wealthy family. Though he was the son of a concubine, his father seemed to be a grand duke, the only grand duke of the Agnus Empire, Marcus Asteroth.

 

Not only that, but he was also part of the Seven Blazing Stars, a title given to the seven most powerful beings throughout the Agnus Empire.

 

As for his mother Thalia, even though she was just a concubine and not the main wife of the grand duke, she also came from a noble family. She was the only daughter of a count.

 

According to the maid, he had four other siblings. The duchess who is the sister of the current emperor had three children with the duke, two boys, and one girl while his mother only had two including him.

 

“Ohh yeah, did you know your older brother Ceasar is considered one of the most talented knights throughout the whole Asteroth family?”

 

“He was able to use aura at the age of nine. It’s because of him that the madam has a lot of power in the family.”

 

‘When is she going to stop.’ Bane inwardly thought. Even though he was able to gather some valuable information from her rambling, his ears couldn’t take it anymore. He couldn’t even go to sleep if he wanted to.

 

‘It seems like I wasn’t the only one being discarded.’ He added. He could already imagine how miserable the next few years of his life will be with such a talkative maid.

 

Putting those useless thoughts behind his head, Bane continued to attentively survey his surrounding.

 

He already knew how dangerous this place was through the rambling of the maid. Not only the forest they were in was infested with bandits, but it also had many vicious and nightmarish humanoid creatures.

 

Bane was pretty sure that his family knew how dangerous this trip would be, yet they didn't even bother to send not even one knight or guard to escort them to their destination. Sending them there alone was no different than sending them to their death.

 

Both the maid and coachman were ordinary people. None of them had the strength to truss a chicken let alone fend off a bandits attack. Amusingly, he was the strongest amongst them with his level 10 despite being just born a few hours ago.

 

‘What the hell is that?’

 

Meanwhile, as Bane was scanning his surrounding with his Akhrṓmatos Vision skill, he suddenly perceived what seemed to be two animals lying on the road about a hundred feet ahead of them.

 

They appeared to be two horses. Bane could tell that they were dead as the shade from the trees on either side did little to slow their decay.

 

Flies were buzzing loudly as they flew around them, obviously attracted by the stink of rot emanating from the carcasses.

 

However, it wasn’t what caught Bane's attention the most. As he peered through the foliage on either side of the road with his vision skill, he saw the outline of five short, gamboling figures with a mouth overfull of pointed teeth—and enormous pointed ears deeply concealed within.

 

They were all armed to the teeth. Each one of them carried an ax which appeared to be their equal in both height and weight.

 

[Green Goblin: Lvl4] [Strength: 12] [HP: 42/42]

 

[Green Goblin: Lvl5] [Strength: 15] [HP: 50/50]

 

[Green Goblin: Lvl 4] [Strength: 14] [HP: 42/42]

 

[Green Goblin: Lvl 4] [Strength: 14] [HP: 42/42]

 

[Green Goblin: Lvl 4] [Strength: 14] [HP: 42/42]

 

‘Damn it! It’s an ambush.’ Bane blurted out with a solemn expression on his face.


5