Chapter 10-New world, new life, and nearly unlimited possibilities
42 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Indeed, just like an irreversible and unstoppable arrow shooting rapidly across eternity, time quickly flowed by and ten years have passed since Bane was reincarnated into this new world.

 

Despite being blind and stuck in a wheelchair, ten years was more than enough for someone like Bane to learn the in and out of this new and unfamiliar world.

 

And as he became more informed about this new world, the more intrigued and amazed he became.

 

First of all, this world, or rather the Ancient Plane as the inhabitant called it was extremely different from Earth which he previously lived on in his past life.

 

When it came to size, the Ancient Plane was several times larger than Earth and had an exponentially bigger population as well.

 

Unlike Earth, the lands of the Ancient Plane weren't all ruled by the human race but shared with many other humanoid races and creatures ubiquitous in fantasy fiction works such as dwarves, elves, goblins, orcs, etc.

 

Technologically, the Ancient Plane wasn't nearly as advanced as that of Earth. It resembled the pre-industrial Earth in the 13th or 14th century, a medieval hierarchical world. However, the presence of magic provides an additional element of power to societies.

 

The Ancient Plane had a fantasy world setting with numerous strange lands where dangerous creatures, mighty deities, and powerful demons roamed. It was a world where magic and supernatural phenomena were quite real.

 

It was a world where the measure of one’s strength and power could be calculated through a numeric system known as Level. Aside from that, there also existed professions and classes such as magicians, warriors, swordsmen, priests, apostles, archers, healers, etc.

 

Religion also played a large part in the Ancient Plane, with deities and their followers being an integral part of the world.

 

Unlike Earth, the deities of the Ancient Plane interacted directly in mortal affairs, answered prayers, and gifted powers and skills to their loyal servants to do their bidding.

 

There existed a huge number of diverse deities within the Ancient Plane polytheistic pantheons and each one of them had its own personal agenda.

 

After discovering all these mind-blowing facts, one could only imagine just how excited and thrilled Bane was.

 

There were no words to describe his joy and happiness. Being in a state of euphoria was an understatement. It was like his wildest dream and deepest desire has come true.

 

He always had this feeling that he was born into the wrong world. And after being reincarnated in the Ancient Plane, he realized just how right he was. It was as if this world was made for someone like him. A world where the strong truly reigned supreme.

 

“New world, new life, and nearly unlimited possibilities,” Bane uttered with an evil grin on his face as the breeze was gently caressing his long pitch black hair which was draping behind his back.

 

Meanwhile, as Bane was lost in thought, a figure of a man in black flashed in the forest behind his castle before stealthy entering it.

 

Before long, the figure crossed the bamboo garden like the wind and stepped on the floor ever so lightly.

 

Although the figure was moving peacefully, one could tell that he was in extreme haste, as he had moved very fast. However, when he arrived in front of Bane, he said nothing as he stood aside silently.

 

He didn’t even make a sound when he breathed. He didn’t dare to take deep breaths as if he was afraid of irritating the young man in front of him.

 

Meanwhile, although an unexpected individual had arrived, Bane didn't even bother to cast him a glance or at least pretended to look in his direction as he was blind.

 

It looked like he hadn’t noticed the man who had rushed stealthy through his castle and into his bamboo garden and was now standing in front of him.

 

Nonetheless, even if the man in black was being blatantly ignored by Bane, there wasn't a hint of anger or discontent on his face. Instead, he had a submissive and reverent expression on his face.

 

After a long silence, Bane finally looked in the man’s direction and calmly said,” So, what brings a busy man like you here, Inevitable. It's not like you to personally come to report to me. Where is Elektra? Did something happen?”

 

“Yes, my lord.” Respectfully answered the man in black. He looked humbled as he lowered his head admiringly.

 

If an outsider and anyone in the Agnus Empire were here at the moment and witnessed this scene, they would have been completely dumbfounded and thought that they must have seen things.

 

Inevitable — such a domineering name. Throughout the whole Agnus Empire, there was only one man that went by the code name Inevitable and that was none other than the leader of the Shadowless Guild, the most powerful assassin organization in the Agnus Empire.

 

He was known to be the most powerful and feared assassin throughout the whole Agnus Empire and even the neighboring countries.

 

He got the nickname Inevitable because he has never missed a target or failed a mission ever since he became an assassin. Once he took a mission to kill someone, then the target’s death was Inevitable.

 

Rumor has it that Inevitable has already reached Level 80 or the Eight Stars with his assassin class and could already be considered as one of the highest existences in the Agnus Empire, just below the Seven Blazing Stars.

 

Yet, a character like that was acting like an inferior servant in front of a blind and paralyzed weak young man. He acted so humbly, but he looked to be in high spirits, sincere, and even honored!

 

It was as if being the servant of this weak young man was the best thing and the biggest achievement of his life!

 

“I am listening,” Bane nonchalantly said.

 

“It’s about the 3rd prince of the Avalon Empire, it seems like he has put a request in the Dark Phantom guild to assassinate you.” Inevitable said with his head low.

 

Just like the Shadowless guild, the Dark phantom guild was also a powerful assassination organization. However, it was based in the Avalon Kingdom instead of the Agnus Empire.

 

“Well, it isn't the first time that this little shit has sent assassins to kill me. So, what's so special about this one this time that you had to come all the way here personally to warn me about it.” Asked Bane with a calm expression on his face.

 

“It seems like the Silent Phantom has taken on the quest this time.” Inevitable reported.

 

“Ohhh! I see.” Bane uttered plainly.” it seems like the 3rd prince is getting impatient to send the leader of the Dark Phantom guild to kill a nobody like me.” He added as his lips subconsciously curved into a sinister grin.

 

Meanwhile, Inevitable couldn't help but shudder as he looked at the sinister grin on Bane’s cute little face. Inevitable felt as if death itself was smiling at him.

 

“It seems like you have more to say, go on,” Bane added as his facial expression returned to normal, like that of an innocent and weak ten years old boy.

 

“Sorry my lord, hmh my people have investigated the Sabertooth Gang and it seems like they aren't real outlaws but Avalon soldiers disguise themselves as bandits. Furthermore, they are all under the command of the 3rd prince of the Avalon Kingdom as well.” Inevitable added in a quivering voice.

 

“Ohh that, I know it already.” Said, Bane nonchalantly.

 

“Well, no matter who came, whether it was the Silent Phantom or the Sabertooth Gang, there's only one result for those who have stepped foot into Hell’s Gate Village with ill intention and that is a gruesome death.” Bane coldly said.

 

“If that’s all you can leave. And you didn't have to come all the way here for something as insignificant as this, just concentrate on the task I gave you.” He added as he waved his hand.

 

Even though Inevitable didn't say it, Bane could already tell the reason he came to warn him personally about the assassination and the fact that the Silent Phantom has taken on the quest.

 

“Yes, my lord!” Inevitable answered respectfully before he humbly stepped back and disappeared like smoke.

 

“It seems like a full-scale war between the Agnus Empire and the Avalon Kingdom is about to unfold soon, and my Hell’s Gate village is at the center of it,” Bane murmured to himself.

2