Old Yharnam
2.1k 5 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(From now on, I will use [] for messages from the "Main" system, while I will use {} for his class-specific messages. Or try...)

(It will not be in the next two chapters, but I will try to better separate inner monologue from narration as well by using "" for inner monologue and '' for third-person narration.)

(Now, I hope you enjoy the chapter!)

Like last time, Images at the end of the chapter

.

.

.


/GASP!/

I suddenly woke up in the middle of a dark place.

It smelled of blood and…

Better not to say what I was smelling… I had to use all of my strength to resist vomiting.

[Mind Fort Lv0 -> Mind Fort Lv1]

-You awake recruit?

An old ragged voice rang in the darkness close to me.

-What? Where am I?

-Shhh… Don't talk too loud. Last fight was pretty bad, you hit your head pretty badly, but you are fine now, we found some old blood infusions… It was enough to get you up and running.

These must be the memories...

-...What are we doing now?

-Now? Now we survive. The mission was a success, but we got trapped in the sewers below the abandoned district. We either wait to be rescued or we…

I need to play along to get more info.

-Wait… What are our options?

-Quick to think huh? That's a good thing to have. Said another voice on the side. This one was also rather old. Not exactly old...

-You awake to Reggie?

-How can I sleep with you two assholes speaking on the side?

-You asked about our actions? We can wait for rescue, but that's only going to happen in what? A week? That's the time it takes for a cleanup operation to commence.

-The other option is to leave, but we broke all of our lanterns. We don't have too many bullets left, much less a Blood vial in case of emergencies.

-We can't move in the dark. Nor can we fight if we see an enemy. If we get hit we may die due to blood loss. We are at a total disadvantage. Said the other man

-Kyu is right. We are fucked…

-Wait. "Where" are we right now?

-... We should be in a sewer right below the basement of an abandoned house that used to be our team's old base. During the last fight, we got trapped in the basement with multiple ravenous rats. We had to enter the sewers to live.

-Before our last torch went out, we scouted the place, but we seem to be in an enclosed space, the only entrance and exit being above us. Said Reggie

-And our supplies?

-Nothing… We ate the last thing while you were sleeping… Sorry kid.

-It's okay. My life for dinner, I guess I owe you two that.

/Chuckle/ x2

What do I do?... Wasn't this supposed to be a memory? What happens if I die?

[The memories will stop halfway and the Host will lose his opportunity.]

!! You are here? What is happening exactly?

[The host is recommended to explore everything on his own. Remember to use your Status. This will be the last system guide until you leave the memory.]

Wait!

Fuck… She always stops talking when I need her the most!

Open Status

[

Name: Philip Vinten

Class: Old Hunter

Subclass: Military veteran (Incomplete)

Caryll Runes: None

Insight: 0

Blood echoes: 0

Level 0

Vitality: 1

Endurance: 1

Strength: 1

Skill: 1

Bloodtinge: 1

Arcane: 1

Abilities:

Hunter Ballistics Lv0 (Passive)

Art of Quickening Lv0 (Active)

Skills:

Summon messenger Shop Lv0 (Active)

Traits:

Old blood infusion

Inventory (+)

]

There was a new option on the side

What's that?

Open inventory

[It has been detected that this is the first time the user has opened the inventory.

Explanation: The inventory is a tool used to store items dropped by monsters, the items collected will immediately be deposited in it.

You can't store non-drop items.]

Interesting… I know what I need to do.

I secretly picked my Blood vials, antidotes, and quicksilver bullets. Placing them below a cloth I felt behind me.

I also placed the lantern somewhere behind me.

-If only we had light… Said Kyu in his ragged voice

/Blang/

I "without wanting to" hit the lantern behind me.

-What's this?

I started to touch the lantern, making some metal sounds.

-Hey… Do any of you know what this is?

-Must be some junk… Give it to me kid. Not like I have anything else to do.

We awkwardly looked for each other's arms in the dark…

-Hum?!... This can't be! Reggie! This is a hand lantern!

-You gotta be shitting me Kyu!

-So can we see in the dark now?

-That depends on the fuel… We are lucky! It's full!

/Tic… Tic… Tic/

Kyu kept hitting the flints together and...

And God made light!

-My eyes!

The sudden light almost blinded me.

-Buwahaha! Get used to it kid.

After resisting the momentary blindness, I looked around to see the two men. Reggie looked like a cool uncle, with a short beard and disheveled hair. Kyu looked like an old sailor. Decades of experience could be seen in his eyes.

It was then that I noticed… Bodies… Bodies everywhere.

Blerg… I need to hold it in...

[Mind Fort Lv1 -> Mind Fort Lv2]

-This is worse than I thought…

-Yeah kid… But at least we have light and our lives. Said Reggie

-Not this. You guys are fucking ugly!

-HAHAHA! He must be talking about you Reggie!

-What!? Want to fight, old man?...

While the two fought, I picked the cloth with the items

I noticed my clothes. It was the Old hunters set. The one I received from the Beginner Hunter equipment package.

There was also an old Blunderbuss strapped at my waist.

Looks like it was automatically equipped.

-Look at what I found!

I placed the cloth with the items on the ground.

-Kid… I owe you a month of dinner when we get out of here.

-I say the same. Said Reggie

-Looks like our options are increasing huh?... What do we do now?

-We rest a little while we search for supplies in their…

Kyu looked towards the bodies on the ground.

-We were 12 when we entered the sewers, but 9 died due to injuries. We didn't have time to search for items before the light went out.

-There might be some things in there. Who knows. We need everything we can find. Leave this job for us, you can rest…

-No Reggie. I can call you Reggie right?... I am a recruit, and I need to learn how things work here if I want to survive.

I don't know what I may face, so I need to get used to this bloody scene...

-... Okay kid. Come with me. I will teach you some basics. Reggie, you take care of the ones on the left.

He nodded, and I followed Kyu.

There was one striking detail on some of the bodies. And that was a flying white "flame" directly above each of their chests. Kyu didn't seem to notice that.

Loot? Why?

Silence…

I remembered a passage from a few minutes ago.

"[Your destiny changes...]

[Your class morphs your reality]"

Was that talking about this? Or is this something exclusive to this memory? Reggie and Kyu don't seem capable of seeing this... I need more information.

I will need to ask the Beginner system when I get out of here… When I have the time, I will collect the loot.

From the 9 bodies, I noticed 5 Flying flames...

We stopped by a body on the side.

-First thing kid. Be attentive to everything! You never know when something strange might jump out from a body, be ready for everything!

He picked a stone and threw it at the body, then the next one and the other one...

/KYYYY!/

A High pitched sound was made and one of the Hunter's bodies trembled, exploding into a  strange creature with tentacles.

It was a scene only seen in nightmares...

[Mind Fort Lv2 -> Mind Fort Lv3]

Fucking hell… I need to…

/BLERG!/

/SLASH!/

Kyu slashed at the monster, cutting it down in one swoop, while I vomited in the corner.

He came to me and patted my back

-You did great. Most just fall cold on the ground. Ready to continue or…

-let's go… Do you have a weapon?...

-Here… Take this Hunter's ax. It's easy to use and effective. But be careful of your fingers when morphing it. I was hurt by this shit many times during my earlier days.

(Hunter weapons are also called trick weapons due to their capability to morph.)

So this is how I get my ax… No wonder it wasn't in my inventory.

From the 6 corpses we investigated, two became beasts.

[Mind Fort Lv3 -> Mind Fort Lv4]

It's crazy how this skill is leveling up so fast… Or it's a really low-rank skill.

-We are done here. Are you okay Reggie?

-Yup.

-Okay kid. Next step. Be careful of hidden mechanisms. Sometimes they stay activated when the Hunter dies and sometimes the Hunter may want to bring some beasts down with him in death… Even friends sometimes.

He picked a very long cane and picked every single Hunter, separating their guns from their weapons.

-We were lucky once again…

/BANG!/

A gunshot came from behind us.

I could hear the sound of the bullet passing through my ear…

I… I almost died there!

[Mind Fort Lv4 -> Mind Fort Lv5]

-You okay Reggie?

-Almost hit my leg… You guys okay?

-I felt the bullet pass by my head…

-Look at him Reggie! You almost killed the kid! You owe him two months of dinner now!

-Not two!

/HAHAHA.../

FUCK YOU REGGIE!

I laughed a little, but the situation was still rather grim.

-You see kid. That's why we properly check before looting. Now for the third step. It's a fusion of the two first while being in close proximity.

He went to a body and started looting. But this time nothing really happened.

And together with Reggie we got a total of:

Blood vial x4

Bullets x53

Antidotes x7

Beast Blood Pellets x2

Molotovs x3

Several throwing knives and rations as well.

But most importantly was one red bottle

-Pungent blood cocktail… This is our ticket out of here. I said.

-Or our death… This thing can attract the vilest beasts from miles away! Said Reggie

I looked at the coagulated blood pellets on the ground.

-Weren't beast blood pellets illegal?

-Sometimes, Hunters just want to die while bringing down the highest amount of monsters that they can.

...

-Is everything ready? Asked Reggie

-Wait. I will say the truth. I don't know how to fight very well…

They looked at each other and…

-BUWAHAHA!

-That's normal kid! You are just a recruit after all! Replied Kyu

-I think I need a warm-up before we go up there. How about I demonstrate some normal fighting techniques?

Reggie used a large saw cleaver, a classic weapon. although he looked different from the one in the game.

It might be my memories… It has been some time since I played the game after all.

-Beasts are terribly aggressive. So you need to make use of their stupidity…

Reggie started to lecture me on the many basic techniques and combat forms.

I couldn't be more focused on it… It was rather impressive. Electrifying even. Seeing this form of combat art.

[You have watched a high-level display of the Old Hunter's combat techniques. Your proficiency in it creates a Skill]

[You have acquired the Old Hunter's combat techniques Lv0]

Hum… This means I can learn new skills apart from the original ones I have. Although that may be obvious, my case is complicated due to my strange Skill.

-...When a monster comes at you, remember to draw your blunderbuss like this…

[Hunter Ballistics Lv0 -> Hunter Ballistics Lv1]

I don't know how long Reggie displayed his art, but after he was done it was Kyu's turn.

He showed his deep knowledge that only an extremely old veteran would understand.

[You have listened to the lecturer of two High-Level users of...]

[Hunter Ballistics Lv2 -> Hunter Ballistics Lv4]

[Old Hunter's combat techniques Lv0 -> Old Hunter's combat techniques Lv2]

In the end. It was time to spar.

It was obvious I was beaten down terribly.

But they pointed out all of my flaws and good points, making me progress immensely. These were the results...

[An opportunity! You received a full lecture in basic Hunter activities from two High ranking Hunters!]

[Hunter Ballistics Lv4 -> Hunter Ballistics Lv5]

[Old Hunter's combat techniques Lv2 -> Old Hunter's combat techniques Lv4]

[Disclaimer! Hidden quest complete! Hunter's basics.]

[You have gained the Skill Hunter's combat sense Lv0]

[Your Vitality increases by 1, your endurance increases by 1, your...]

Show me my Status.

[

Name: Philip Vinten

Class: Old Hunter

Subclass: Military veteran (Incomplete)

Caryll Runes: None

Insight: 0

Blood echoes: 0

Level 0

Vitality: 2

Endurance: 2

Strength: 2

Skill: 2

Bloodtinge: 2

Arcane: 2

Abilities:

Hunter Ballistics Lv5 (Passive)

Art of Quickening Lv0 (Active)

Old Hunter's combat techniques Lv4 (Passive)

Hunter's combat sense Lv0 (Passive)

Skills:

Summon messenger Shop Lv0 (Active)

Traits:

Old blood infusion (Passive)

]

As for their info…

[Hunter Ballistics Lv5 (Passive)

Description: Your skills in handling and aiming with a gun.

Allows for the "Parrying" of any creature's attacks. Its efficacy is dependent on your skill proficiency, the power of the gun, and your overall stats. (Not counting outside effects.)

...]

[Art of Quickening Lv0 (Active)

Description: An ancient and difficult art used by the Old Hunters. Allows extreme and fast movement on the battlefield. But it's pretty draining for those unfamiliar with the art.

...]

[Old Hunter's combat techniques Lv4 (Passive)

Description: The combat arts of the Old Hunters. It focuses on efficiency to compensate for the weak bodies of the hunters.

...]

[Hunter's combat sense Lv0 (Passive)

Description: A hunter needs to have keen senses to survive, Hunters naturally develop animalistic senses due to the harsh conditions of the battlefield.

...]

[Summon messenger Shop Lv0 (Active)

Description: Summon a messenger shop where you can exchange Blood echoes for Items. The higher the Level, the greater and rarer the items available inside are. You can increase item Level by "investing" blood echoes.]

[Old blood infusion

Description: The "cure" for the ashen blood disease. Grants the Hunters superhuman regeneration and strength, but curses their blood.

Allows the consumption of Hunter-related items and gives resistance to all sorts of poisons and parasites.

Slowly corrupts the mind of the Hunter, only those of immense will may last.

...]

(N1)

-You learn fast… Really fast. Are you sure you never used a weapon before? Asked Reggie

-Well, I am here after all.

-... Indeed…

After I finished my fight against Reggie, we went to sit at the bonfire Kyu made.

He was roasting some extremely disgusting rations… But they were all we had.

Both of them ate their food without a bit of hesitation.

Kyu looked at me and said:

-I know how you feel. Start slowly. bit by bit. You will need this energy later. Just make sure to not vomit it. That would be far worse.

-... Urg…

I looked at the piece of what I can only assume is scorched rotten meat.

I took a bite… It tasted like the very definition of shit…

-...Bler…

-Go on boy. You can do it.

-...Gulp. This was horrible. I just want to go home

-Me to kid… me too.

I ended up eating everything.

[Mind Fort Lv5 -> Mind Fort Lv6]

I can do this. It tastes like poop, but I need to survive.

-Good! You did well, kid. Praised Kyu.

-Can I ask you two something? What do you know about the art of Quickening?

-... Where did you hear that from, kid? Asked Reggie suspiciously

-Stop Reggie. It's not really a secret, most know about it already. It's better to show you, kid. It's going to be our last training section before going to the surface. Pay attention.

-This is a high-ranking technique very difficult to pull off. But if you want to be a powerful Hunter, then this is necessary.

Kyu stayed still before vanishing like smoke.

/Fwush!/

He reappeared behind Reggie and disappeared again.

It's as if his body is turning into mist and reappearing somewhere else.

-I will do it in a slower way so pay attention…

[You have witnessed an almost perfect execution of the Quickening art performed by a High ranking Hunter!]

[Your Art of Quickening has Leveled up!]

-I think a got it.

-Don't shit with me kid…

/Fwush!/

It was slower and sloppier, but I sure repeated the art.

I could feel something inside me, guiding me...

So this was it huh? What a strange feeling. Is this magic? But my legs… It feels as if I just ran a marathon… Yet. I just moved 3 Meters...

Reggies and Kyu were left with their mouths open.

-You… Are you sure you never did this before? Asked Reggie.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

-Yup.

They looked at each other before letting out a sigh…

[Disclaimer! Hidden quest complete! Prodigy.]

[The Skill, Art of Quickening has Leveled up to Lv3!]

[All of your Hunter Skills have gained a decent amount of proficiency!]

[Hunter Ballistics Lv5 -> Lv6

Old Hunter's combat techniques Lv4 -> Lv5

Hunter's combat sense Lv0 -> Lv2]

[Your Discovery increases by 5!]

[You gained a title! Hunter prodigy!]

[Would you like to equip it?]

So much stuff… Equip it and open the updated Status.

[Opening Secondary Status]

[

Name: Philip Vinten

Class: Old Hunter

Subclass: Military veteran (Incomplete)

Caryll Runes: None

Insight: 0

Blood echoes: 0

Level 0

Vitality: 2

Endurance: 2

Strength: 2

Skill: 2

Bloodtinge: 2

Arcane: 2

Abilities:

Hunter Ballistics Lv6 (7) (Passive)

Art of Quickening Lv3 (4)(Active)

Old Hunter's combat techniques Lv5 (6)(Passive)

Hunter's combat sense Lv2 (3)(Passive)

Skills:

Summon messenger Shop Lv0 (Active)

Traits:

Old blood infusion (Passive)

]

Oh yeah. The Secondary Status doesn't show the Title.

Show me the Title info.

[Title: Hunter prodigy

Description: You are a prodigy recognized by two High ranking Veteran Hunters.

Effects: Increases the Level of all of your Hunter's Abilities by 1.

This can surpass the skill cap.

Increases learning speed when learning a Hunter Ability.]

Holy moly. Hunter Ballistics is already Level 7!

Can I reach Level 10 before even finishing this memory?

-Enough rest. Time to act. Reggie and kid… What's your name again?

-My name is Philip.

-So, Reggie and Philip, stack up the bodies of the deceased on the side, right there.

He pointed to a place the furthest away from the entrance.

-What are we doing with the corpses? I asked

-... We are using them as a distraction… It's brutal and savage, but it's the only solution if we want to live.

-...

With my already bloodied hands, I moved the corpses into a pile on the corner.

I used this opportunity to collect the loot and see what it was.

[Ding!]

[Blood vial x4

Quicksilver Bullet x6

Coldblood dew x3

Oil urn x1

Fire paper x1]

Fire paper!...

-Look what I found!

I showed them a small piece of paper. It looked inconspicuous, but hunters would recognize it anywhere.

-Fire paper! Good work kid! You truly are our shining light.

Reggie was truly happy. Many beasts had an abnormal fear of fire.

-Here kid, you proved to be capable so far, so take these they were yours to begin with.

Kyu went to me and handed me a series of items.

[Ding!]

[Blood vial x7

Quicksilver Bullet x30

Antidote x4

Molotov x1]

(N2)

-Here kid, take the lantern. It isn't much, but some monsters fear the light. In desperation, you can even use it as a makeshift Molotov.

-But why don't any of you two use it?

-Running around the place with a lantern strapped to your belt can be… Uncomfortable.

-That was because Reggie once had the lantern hit him on the nuts. But you won't need to care about this since this is a newer model that doesn't have the previous defects.

-...

-This should be all then?... Everyone ready?

-One last thing! How do we imbue our blood into bullets and…

Kyu cut me in before I could finish.

-Ohhh. That thing. Do you see the syringe kit on your belt? You normally only use it to apply the Blood vials. But in truth, it can be used for many, many more things.

-You can use the second Syringe whose main purpose is to extract, to drain your blood and pour it into the special chamber of your gun, enhancing the next shot power… To make a blood bullet… That's complicated, we don't have time to teach you how to do it anymore.

(Blood enhancement deals bonus damage. But it's only effective against beasts.)

I nodded to Kyu and proceeded with the plan.

Both me and Reggie stayed far away from the door, waiting for Kyu to open it.

I extinguished the lantern flame as they asked and waited.

(The trapdoor opened upwards)

/Creek!/

Small bits of light shinned from the surface.

After fully opening the trapdoor Kyu ran back towards us.

And we waited for whatever was outside to make their way towards us. If they don't come, then that means that the bar is cleared.

Beasts tend to be rather dumb. Lusting after blood.

/SCREEECH!/

They are coming!

/Fush Fush Fush Fush Fush.../

The sound of rattling rang as I could hear what was robably the sound of dozens if not hundreds of beasts moving in our direction.

/Ploft ploft ploft ploft/

Dozens of giant rats fell from the hole, running into the corpse pile.

What a terrible way to have your body be disposed of...

After half a minute, no more rats fell from the hole. A giant pile of rats had gathered in the corner.

Reggie picked one of the molotovs and threw it at the rats!

/CRACK! SWUSH!/

A big flame consumed the rats in an instant.

/KYYYYYY/

The nightmarish noises made by the rats assaulted my eardrums constantly.

[Ding!]

[You have received 23 Blood echoes, you have received 19 Blood echoes, you have...]

Stop for the love of God!

The messages stopped.

From now on, when too many creatures die at the same time, fuse it down to one big window after they all die.

But I didn't receive any reply... I just hope it worked.

Sheese, I need to look at its configurations later…

After 1 minute, I received a message.

[Ding!]

[You have received 6920 Blood echoes]

I guess it worked... Not an impressive amount but it will do for a freebie.

On the fire, I noticed several dozen of the white fires.

The loot…

I approached the fire, but I could approach the white fire because of the heat of the flames.

Can I collect these items from a distance?

Collect items?

Silence…

Collect loot?

Silence…

Perhaps not, no matter. It's just rats, I already gained a decent amount of Blood Echos.

(Blood Echo is the currency from the game if you didn't understand until now.)

Perhaps this will work.

Collect drop items.

[Ding!]

[You have received, Blood vial x17, Quicksilver bullets x15, Coldblood dew x9, Pebble x300]

This was definitely worth it… But look at these rates… Pebbles? I guess only rats would drop those. Blood vials and bullets were expected since every enemy dropped them. But the Dews were a surprise. Extra money is always welcomed.

The two came to me and grabbed my shoulders.

-Lets go kid, we can only mourn the dead by living.

Hum?... I-I think there was a misunderstanding here. But it's better to not say anything.

...

/Creek/

We climbed the stairs towards the unknown.

-This wretched place. Said Kyu

-Can I turn on the lantern?

-Wait a minute.

The only light we had here was a white light coming from the stairs leading up.

I could see blood and bones everywhere, it seems the monster had a feast.

-Who are these people?

-... This place was where our injured and dead were placed... We didn't have the time to drag them with us... We were ambushed out of nowhere. Some of these people used to be good and capable Hunters, they stayed behind to protect the others but...

-...

-Alright, Philip, you look for any valuable items. I will go upstairs and see if there is an enemy. Reggie, you protect the stairs and the kid. If something happens I am counting on you to get to me.

/Tic tic tic/

With the light of the lantern, I noticed many broken weapons and pieces of cloth on the ground.

My first target was as always, the white fires.

[Bloodied Mission report x1]

Hum?

-Hey. Come here.

Kyuu who was about to go up stopped and came to my location.

-... This is? The mission report? Pass it here, let me take a look.

Reggie started to read, but mid way through his already pale face was completely drained of blood.

-Fuck… This isn't the mission report

[Ding!]

[Bloodied Mission report x1 -> Emergency evacuation notice x1]

This isn't good…

-What does it say Reggie?

-...As you know, we were part of the middle division right? Between the three divisions, we were responsible for cleaning the "risk" places.

-The light division was responsible for cleaning the streets and open areas, the "Slight risk" places.

-But the problem comes from the final division, the heavy division. They were tasked with eliminating all dangerous beasts spread around the nooks and crannies of this district.

-Excuse me, but what was our reason for being here?

-What an odd question kid. Hunters must hunt… But if you are still unconvinced it was because we received orders from the top that we could now "free" this district since the monster routes to it had been closed down.

-Meaning that some other Hunters managed to close down the district, trapping the beast inside, now we only need to wipe them all out... Continue Reggie. Said Kyuu

-So… One of the Heavy team members let one of those beasts escape…

-No way...

-Yeah Kyu, this beast is now set free, and it's probably close to us. We were ambushed by a pack of monsters, most probably the ones a nearby team was supposed to clear... But they clearly didn't. So what happened to them?

-Fuck… Change of plans. We walk together from now on. We can't let the beast get to one of us when we are alone.

-That is if the creature is even here.

-I hope you are right recruit…

[You gained Oil urn x1]

I looted the entire house with the other two.

I kept some items for myself but most of them I shared. I knew that I would need their help if I wanted to survive.

-Did you find anything, recruit?

-Yup. Another oil urn.

-Good. With the amount we have, we could set a house on fire quite easily.

One thing that I noticed about the white flame drops, is that they don't stray from the original game drop style too much.

Meaning I can't drop rations or such things. But I did drop cookies that recovered Hp over time.

I already ate them though.

But of course, I can also collect items from the ground like any normal Human would… It's just a pain in the ass to do so.

Normally items on the ground are in much better quantity, but their quality may be lower. And I cant store them.

Loot items on the other hand are always of the same quality.

-This was the last room right?

-I think so.

After cleaning up all of the supplies in the house. This is everything in my inventory:

---CONSUMABLES---

Blood vial x28 (40 After house)

Quicksilver Bullet x51  (70 After house)

Antidote x4  (10 After house)

Oil urn x1  (3 After house)

Beast blood pellet x1  (2 After house)

Coldblood dew x12  (30 After house)

---THROWABLES---

Molotov x1  (4 After house)

Pebble x300

---SPECIAL---

Syring Set

Hand lantern x1

---ARMOR AND WEAPONS---

Hunter's Axe x1

Hunter Blunderbuss x1

Old Hunter Set armor x1

----------------------------------------

I didn't collect any new armor and items because none dropped. The rest I could find were all broken trash.

(There are items he can collect normally from the ground, and others that drop for him through the white flames in case you are confused.)

You may think the amount is low considering I just looted an entire house, even more when I had the Loot drops.

But I had to share with the two other Hunters as well. And lastly, I can't store the Items I find in the world naturally unless they come from Loot drops.

So we were left with a few boxes of items.

(I wont say the values since it would be too repetitive. It's just more of the same, but if they find something rare or interesting I will say.)

-Good. GOOD! Our situation is improving by the minute.

Don't say that OI! You raised a flag…

Reggie picked a map and placed it on the table.

-We are here, so, we need to cross this street and arrive at this gate, passing through it will lead us out of this District. From there is just a safe straightway back home.

-This path... Kyu, do you plan on passing by the HQ?

-Of course. Its the safest option.

There was about a Km of street between us and the gate.

-Me and Kyu will be the vanguard, recruit you will carry our supplies, but your life is more important, if your life is in danger, make sure to use whatever you deem necessary to survive.

-Any questions?

-Nope.

-Lets stash the items into a backpack and move.

The night was quite beautiful. The moon was shining brightly in the sky.

But the city wasn't so beautiful. Carcasses littered the streets, old coagulated blood was on the walls and… Pretty much everything at this point.

I followed behind Kyu and Reggie as we made our way in the streets.

I made sure to stay far away from any dark hole and alley, you never know when a beast might pull you into one of those shitholes.

We stopped by a large church, a gathering point. A temporary base for this mission.

-The front gates are broken… Shit! Did it get the others?! Just what is this beast?

-Something we should definitely avoid. Let's go look for survivors.

Bruh what? You just said it was something we should avoid and you are now entering that damned place?!

-Focus recruit. A Hunter must hunt, but the safety of other Hunters is also of immense importance to other Hunters.

I thought Hunters were selfish and were used to losing conrads… Is this something from this world?

(I didn't read the lore of Bloodborne in what? 2 years? So yeah. I might and probably already have made mistakes. Take it with a grain of salt.)

-Before we enter at the very least. How about we set some trapps around the place just in case?

-... It's worth a shot, recruit.

Nothing too great, just several Oil urns set up in a pile. If the beast end's up coming, we can run to these places and burst everything with a Molotov.

I also placed several bullets and Blood vials around the area in case one of them is close and needs a quick heal. Lastly, I placed the bag on the ground close to the entrance so we can get to it easily.

-Let's go. Said Kyu as he entered the church.

-...

/Pun~...Kun~.../

Why do I hear boss music?

.

.

.

Notes

N1

The "…" refer to more technical information that I think would be too boring to see. But it pretty much does what you imagine, like in Hunter Ballistics, it improves his accuracy when using guns… Duh. I will say what it is when I think it's important, but I won't show the values for everything.

N2

The mc gave them 20 blood vials and 40 bullets, but they later found 4 more vials and 53 extra bullets increasing the total for 24 vials and 93 bullets. Not counting what the MC collected as loot.

Apart from those, the Mc also gave them, Antidotes x5

After looting the corpses they found out, Antidotes x7; Beast Blood Pellets x2; Molotovs x3

And after giving the Mc his own antidotes, they divided the final 8 between themselves. This is just for context. I will not be counting the number of bullets and resources they have.

Images

molotov_cocktail.jpg

pungent_blood_cocktail.jpg

coldblood_dew.jpg

Oil_Urn_Alpha.jpg

fire_paper.jpg

Labyrinth_Rat_concept_art.jpg

pebble.jpg

79