Chapter 11: The Force
408 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Severus knew that now was the time to stop thinking about James Potter and Lily Evans.

 

'Merlin, she made her decision, she didn't forgive me, no matter how hard I tried to get her forgiveness, no matter how much I wanted to get back together with her, Lily decided to move on with her life and I will do the same'

 

A part of Severus was still angry and frustrated that he didn't receive her forgiveness, that part of him felt that he deserved her forgiveness and that she only betrayed him by going off with that idiot Potter.

 

But another part of him knew that none of that erased the fact that he made the mistake of hurting her.

 

Lily may have been wrong about a lot of things and so was he in their relationship, but in the end, it was Severus who called her a mudblood, knowing damn well that it would hurt her.

 

Yes, he saw her smiling with Potter and that was why he was so angry, but he knew that was no excuse.

 

Now she had every right not to forgive him.

 

'And I can't keep dragging myself around like scorned women looking for forgiveness or revenge, it's pathetic,' Severus thought to himself.

 

'Move on'

 

Maybe she's stubborn in her decision not to forgive him and it certainly makes him angry after so many things they went through together, so many things he let go and forgave her for.

 

'Yes, it hurts and bothers me to see her with that bastard Potter, but that's her problem now,' Severus said to himself, tired of the many problems Lily Evans was giving him.

 

He considers himself smart and strong enough to deal with these things and feelings the right way.

 

"It's time to prove it!" muttered Severus earnestly, slowly managing to keep his meditation steady.

 

He could feel the Force slowly reacting to him as the dark side stopped bothering him.

 

He may not have been able to solve his personal problems before, like Snape.

 

But now he can recognise that he made many mistakes and stupidities that cost him the people he loved the most, now he sees and understands things from two perspectives.

 

He knows he can change and improve.

 

'And I'm not going to do it for Lily, she made her decision clear not to forgive me and go on with her life.'

 

Now he had to accept that and make a change for himself, it was time to change his life for the better.

 

He would wish Lily the best in life because part of him loved her and would surely never stop doing so, but just as she could continue her life without him, Severus had to do the same once and for all. 

 

He was going to start over, take everything he knew and use it to move on and achieve all his bloody goals.

 

He had a lot of scores to settle and he wasn't going to stop until he'd settled them all.

 

'So many things to do on this planet and in another entire galaxy, and I'm just here suffering for an unrequited love... ridiculous' Severus complained to himself.

 

Lily Evans may not forgive him, but that doesn't mean he can't forgive her.

 

He may still be disappointed, angry, irritated, sad and so many other things with Lily Evans and himself, but he can still admit that he loves her and that's why he forgives her for everything.

 

As Obi-Wan said: "Forgetting is something that only time can take care of, but forgiveness is an act of will, and only the one who suffers can make the decision".

 

Severus is certainly suffering, that's why he forgives her and forgives himself.

 

It was time to put aside all those painful and sad feelings and move on.

 

"Don't wait to forgive until you feel like forgiving; you'll never get there. Feelings take time to heal after the decision to forgive is made," Severus murmured the words Qui Gon Jinn said to Anakin when he met him on Tatooine.

 

'So true, that's why today I choose to forgive and let go of all the resentment and hatred I have towards others and myself, it's time to start as a new Severus and in time begin to heal and eventually change my life,' Severus concluded seriously.

 

A few minutes passed in which he thought about many things, both about his past as Severus and his past as Vader until he finally managed to push away all those unchained thoughts and feelings that were tormenting his head.

 

After having a long talk in his head and forgiving himself, Severus was able to forgive Lily and himself.

 

Now he could move on with his life, escape the darkness and the memories that haunted him.

 

Lily had become an obsession and a ruin in his daily life, today he put an end to it.

 

"Today I put an end to this ridiculous obsession'

 

' And I promise to go on my way," Severus murmured, and finally, the Force surrounded him completely, hugging him as it had done so many times in the past.

 

The surroundings where Severus was meditating began to suffer the side effect of Severus' sudden connection with the Force.

 

He was no longer Severus Snape, but he was not entirely Darth Vader either.

 

He was a new person with the knowledge, experiences, and feelings of two different lives.

 

He was a new Severus and he would use all the knowledge at his disposal to move forward.

 

Two souls united in one, two lives that would be the beginning of a new Severus in this universe, one that all his enemies would fear.

 

And so it was that Severus finally opened his eyes with a flash of blue in them.

 

He now felt his whole body being surrounded by the Force.

 

'It feels good' Severus thought with a faint smile.

 

But instantly his connection to the Force broke and his body fell limp in exhaustion.

 

"Yeah..., well... I may have overdone it. I have to remember that this body is still very weak," Severus gasped to himself.

 

But despite his exhaustion, he was happy that he had managed to connect with the Force, it was a very important step to begin his training.

 

After resting for a while, he managed to get up and saw that the beautiful forest where he was now was a mess, it looked as if a tornado had passed through the place.

 

Without thinking too much about it, he proceeded to formally begin his training.

 

 

Severus spent some time training his body in the forest, his swordsmanship was as perfect as before, but his body could not keep up.

 

He had to train very hard to strengthen this weak body.

 

Severus dismissed his current thoughts and concentrated on his more... immediate concerns, such as the fact that he was surrounded.

 

'Hmm, what to do...?' wondered Severus, as the force warned him that many creatures were heading towards him, more than twenty.

 

They felt dark in the Force, the only thing radiating from them was an endless bloodlust.

 

He knew that these creatures must be the Acromantulas, but what caught Severus' attention was that these creatures seemed to have a strong connection to the dark side of the Force.

 

'It might be a bit risky to take on so many at the same time... but it would be a very good exercise...' 

 

'...And besides, I'm intrigued by this strong connection these creatures have with the dark side of the Force...'

 

Severus knew he could deal with these creatures, but his body would end up extremely exhausted, which could put him in danger if an unexpected situation arose.

 

Acromantulas are among the most dangerous creatures in the forest and he understood that hundreds of the giant spiders now inhabit the forest.

 

Finally making a decision, Severus' hand went into his robes and down to his belt, feeling for his sword.

 

A huge spider-like creature emerged from the bushes, it was jet black in colour and had eight ugly eyes on its head along with two pincers coming out of its mouth that produced a peculiar clicking sound and ten large legs protruding from its body.

 

The creature stood alone in front of Severus, apparently trying to trick him into thinking that the creature was alone, unfortunately for it, it was practically impossible to successfully ambush someone like Severus.

 

The Acromantula lunged unexpectedly, erratically, the only thing on its seemingly limited mind was to spill Severus' blood.

 

He would not allow it.

 

"Too easy," Severus commented, noting that now with the aid of the Force it was simple to see this creature's every move.

 

Quickly drawing his sword, he cut the Acromantula's legs off in one swift motion and then listened as the creature fell to the ground, he heard the familiar thud after cutting someone's legs or paws from their bodies.

 

He watched curiously as the creature's body collapsed and began to screech, he raised an eyebrow at the wounds his blade left on its legs, only to be interrupted when many eyes looked up from the bushes and leapt towards him.

 

He had expected this to happen.

 

"Well... the fun began," he said simply, rejoicing at the sensation of using a sword again to take down an enemy, even if it wasn't his lightsaber, it was enough for now.

 

He loved the feeling of his body using the Force to become faster, more agile, and stronger, it reminded him of his days as Anakin in the clone wars, using the Force to fly across battlefields alongside his padawan.

 

"Ahsoka..." Severus murmured, remembering his beloved padawan.

 

Severus danced through the poor attempts to attack him from his savage enemies, if the Acromantulas could be called that, they were nothing more than mere insects to him at this point.

 

He noticed as he cut more Acromantulas, that more of them appeared when he remembered Ahsoka Tano.

 

Severus guessed that they were attracted to the blood of their dead comrades.

"Very interesting..., but nothing to worry about," he said, as he continued to dance between the Acromantula attacks, as in a matter of seconds he had reduced the number of creatures so that only about 5 Acramatulas remained.

 

He quickly killed the last 5 and felt in the Force the arrival of another group of 10 to 15 Acromatulas.

'Well... that was easier than I expected' Severus thought and then set to inspect the dead Acromantulas without bothering to worry about the incoming group of creatures.

 

A few minutes later, the new group of Acromantulas arrived where Severus was inspecting the wounds and the strange connection these creatures had with the Force.

 

Severus picked up his sword again and stood up a little annoyed at being interrupted.

 

"Come at me, you mindless insects," Severus scoffed, wondering if they would take the bait, he didn't want to waste his time, it was amusing at first but after seeing how easy it was to kill them, his interest moved on to the wounds left by his sword and the connection these creatures had with the dark side of the Force.

 

As expected, the Acromantulas attacked him quickly and in groups.

 

As they leapt at him, he quickly cut each of them down.

 

He only left one for last, wanting to try something.

 

When there was only one Acromantula left alive, Severus put away his sword and raised his hand.

 

The Acromantula stopped in mid-air and began to try to remove an invisible hand.

 

" This is the end," Severus said as he closed his hand and then followed the sickening sound of the Acromatula's broken body.

 

Even after that, the creature still shrieked and even tried to crawl towards Severus.

 

"Wow, they're even resistant to Force choke," Severus said a little surprised, lifting the creature off the ground again to once more crush it with the Force.

 

The creature's howls of pain ceased shortly after and Severus stared at the broken body in front of him.

 

"Very interesting..." he muttered staring at the Acromantula.

 

He remembered that he was killing a creature rather viciously, but it was one that only knew bloodlust, it was not an intelligent being that could be reasoned with, and cruelty was justified against such an unyielding enemy.

 

'Well..., I know their leader is different..., but it looks like he won't show up today' Severus thought.

 

Seeing in the Force that no more groups of Acromantulas were reaching his potion, he watched the remains of the creatures trying to figure out their secrets.

 

He spent a few hours going from body to body and trying different methods to observe the changes in their bodies.

 

After analysing and thinking of possible conjectures, he stood up and turned on his heels, and walked to the east, where he felt 4 presences through the force.

 

This time he felt a strong connection with the luminous side in these presences that were hidden in the bushes.

 

"Come out, or the same fate awaits you!"

21