Chapter 16: A deal
334 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What we would need is that you integrate us into the Prince family as your distant relatives, it would be convenient to be able to appear as Hermione and Draco Prince, part of the magical Prince family'," said Hermione seriously.

"And also that you as the next head of the Prince family support us with the necessary paperwork that we will be doing for the Ministry and to join Hogwarts," Hermione clarified seriously.

They needed all these things to be able to integrate in this time and she already knew that it was not convenient to try to persuade or deceive Severus, it was better to be sincere and maybe he would not complicate things when he saw her honesty.

If Severus accepted Hermione's conditions, he would make things much easier for them.

Severus nodded contemplatively.

"I understand, that's what you need to be carefully integrated into our time," he commented, wondering if it would be a problem what they were asking of him.

He understood that the best way and option for them to integrate into this age without anyone else knowing about their past lives was to have the head of an important family like the Prince family validate their history.

This way they could avoid a lot of problems and questions that they could not answer.

Besides, giving them the name Prince was like giving them the status of a half-blood wizard from an important family and this would give them more freedom.

Something an average muggle-born or half-blood would not have.

Since British and European magical society, in general, was always very attached to the traditions of the purebloods and the great magical families, especially now that the magical world was at war over this issue.

"Hmm, in short, in exchange for the ring you want me to add you to Prince's family tree once I become the heir, even though you are not part of my family even though Draco is clearly related to the Malfoy's..." said Severus.

Hearing that Draco tensed slightly, but Hermione knew it was obvious to anyone with a brain to assume that he was related to them.

By Merlin, he was identical to his father.

"...Oh and you also want me to help you with your backstory in the magical world," he added making her request sound really absurd.

"Well, it sounds a bit bad like that, but yes..." she nodded.

Hermione knew she might be asking a lot, but they needed it and they couldn't negotiate for less than that, she had to be strong and try to convince him somehow.

Draco on the other hand was very doubtful that what Hermione asked for would happen, he knows that no wizard descended from a Noble Family would willingly put someone who is not part of their family in their ancestral family tree.

No matter the reason.

Even if a wizard lost the chance to be the heir to his Noble Family if he didn't accept the deal, Draco was pretty sure that a wizard would look for any other option before agreeing to such a request.

'Luckily he implied that he wouldn't do anything to us' Draco thought in relief, he knew that Snape could be very intimidating and he had always been lucky enough to have the professor on his side, now with the young Snape he didn't have that benefit.

And that terrified him.

"What you're asking for could be a big problem...." Severus said making Draco sigh knowing he was right, while Hermione was just worried about what to do next.

'Looks like this is going to get complicated' Hermione thought tiredly.

"Very well, I can agree to what you ask, but in return, I want not only the Prince's ancestral ring, you must also show me the magic you know of the future," Severus said.

" Everything that doesn't already exist" he clarified making Draco and Hermione look at each other for a few moments thinking about what he asked to them.

"So..., Do we have a deal?" asked Severus.

Draco nodded to Hermione and she just sighed tiredly knowing that most of the work would fall on her.

But she didn't know that Severus would also ask Draco to tell him everything he knew about dark magic, Lucius may have lent him a lot of books, but never anything unique to his family.

If Severus wasn't wrong in assuming that Draco had something to do with Lucius, then he could get unique knowledge from the Malfoy family or another family that the young wizard in front of him was related to.

"That's acceptable..., it's a deal S-Severus, and thank you, you have no idea how much you're helping us," Hermione nodded and thanked him.

'And you guys have no idea how much you're helping me' Severus thought amused.

Severus knew that she was asking something unthinkable for any other member of a noble family as important as the Prince.

But at this point, Severus didn't care about these pureblood wizarding standards, and he took advantage of that not only to gain the Prince's heritage, but also a vast amount of knowledge of future magic.

Magic that could be fundamental to his future plans.

And his plans were above all things.

He must start by improving his physicality, and his control over the Force, but many other things required money and a good social position.

Creating the technology required to travel into space would not be easy.

And to make matters worse, he wanted to go to another galaxy, it would be a long time before he achieved all this, so he could not waste time.

Maybe a part of him like Snape had wanted to refuse because he felt blackmailed by someone he considered inferior, but now he couldn't care less about that.

It would be foolish not to take so many benefits just for the sake of purebloods' pitiful pride and noble family bullshit.

If in order to be the heir to the Prince family and get magic from the future, he had to concede to Hermione and Draco the Prince surname along with the backstory that they were both distant relatives of him so that they could do the paperwork with the Ministry and get into Hogwarts.

Severus would do it now without even thinking about it, he had other priorities, Lily may have been a lost cause, but Padme wasn't.

'Twenty-two years' Severus thought.

'I'll have to figure out somehow how time travel affects other galaxies...' he contemplated.

"Well, I must say I'm surprised but glad and more relaxed now that you've agreed, I thought you would never agree to those terms," Draco commented honestly since he in his position wouldn't do it.

Both Hermione and Draco were grateful that Severus was more open than they had expected.

They thought he was going to threaten them or that he would find some method to get the information out of them, but he accepted their terms.

Although they would have to teach him magic that shouldn't exist in this day and age, but considering that they would already be using this magic, it wasn't a big deal to teach Severus.

Hermione was much more relaxed now than she had been at the beginning of the conversation, between not having her wand along to having to try and come to an agreement with Severus, she was under a lot of pressure and despite her good handling of the situation on the outside, she was still a nervous wreck on the inside.

"Well..., I can surprise," Severus replied calmly.

"Now what do you say about giving our word that we will honour this deal and that we will not divulge to other wizards about it," he added, wanting to get it over quickly.

" That would be the best thing to do," Draco nodded quickly.

"Yes, I agree S-Severus," Hermione replied in a calm tone, but inside she was happy that everything was resolved.

She still found it awkward and strange to simply call him by his name, but she knew she could get used to calling him that, it was much nicer than saying "Professor Snape".

"Perfect, I'll start with the vote, and then it will be your turn to follow," Severus said as they just nodded.

After a few moments of Severus having to help Draco and Hermione sit close to him, the three of them finally interlocked their forearms.

"I swear by my magic that once I get the ancestral ring and the Prince family inheritance I will integrate Hermione and Draco as a distant cousins, officially giving them the Prince surname, I will also give them my support as head Prince for the paperwork for their identity at the Ministry along with their admission to Hogwarts and by all this, I swear it," Severus finished his part of the oath.

Draco and Hermione were satisfied with their oath.

She and Draco looked at each other for a few moments before speaking.

"We swear by our magic and commit to giving Severus the Prince family ancestral ring..." began Hermione.

"...We also accept the obligation to teach him magic from the future that we have knowledge of..." added Draco.

"By all this, we swear," they both said together.

"Thus binding our words and the secrecy of this oath," said Severus ending the oath.

Threads of light appeared and disappeared from view over their intertwined arms.

Severus had not sworn oaths that could be avoided before, only once had he been forced to swear to stay at Hogwarts.

And that had been a horrible experience for him.

But now in a more comfortable and relaxed situation, he could say that it was a unique and interesting experience, involving many things about magic and the power of the word itself.

Hermione and Draco had already done some oaths in their lives, so they didn't pay much attention to this and parted his forearm quickly.

" Done..., it looks like we just have to do our part now," commented Severus.

"Yeah, at least that's one less thing to worry about," sighed Draco, he wasn't ready for so many responsibilities.

"Don't worry Draco, we just have to finish the deal," said Hermione putting a hand on his shoulder trying to make him relax.

"Right, now, how about we start discussing the details of the ring along with the future paperwork I'll have to support you with?" asked Severus, making Draco and Hermione look at him with different emotions.

"I'd rather get on with some things and see what I can do to make things easier, I don't like to waste time" he clarified.

"This... I don't know..." Draco just sighed and shook his head, he just wanted to get some rest, he still had a headache and his body was too weak, he didn't care about other things right now.

"Yes, sure, I'd love to discuss the details, I have several things to consult you on and several ideas that I want to know if they can be implemented for our integration as part of the Prince family," Hermione said quickly without letting Draco finish speaking.

She, unlike Draco, seemed very excited to get started as soon as possible.

"Well..., all this if you don't mind, of course, the deal was just your support on the paperwork, you don't have to waste your time helping us" she added a little embarrassed as she realised his outburst.

'How the hell does she have so much energy in that state' Draco wondered as he looked at her like she was insane.

"Since I'll probably have to intervene as heir to the Prince family to get your identity papers from the Ministry, I want to be well informed on the matter, I don't usually wait for others to do it for me, besides, it'll be quicker for everyone, don't you think?" said Severus.

But the great truth was that he simply didn't like being told what to do or not to be aware of what he had to do.

"I... yeah, sure, I find your logic quite reasonable, thanks for the help, so..." Hermione hadn't expected that answer from him, she was used to finding out and doing everything on her own and then passing it on to others.

The two continued to talk about many things about the future paperwork they would have to do and the best ways for them to avoid problems and save time.

While Draco returned to bed and left the two nerds to discuss these things.

Hermione began to think that she could get used to young Severus, she liked talking to smart people, it was refreshing and she could almost feel that Severus was a male version of her.

'Well... a bit darker and colder, but compared to Professor Snape, he's much more accessible' Hermione thought, she believed the two of them could be good friends.

'Or should I say, good cousins...?' she smiled amused at the thought.

"So are you two planning on taking the Hogwarts exam at the Ministry of Magic to get into 6th year?" asked Severus to Hermione, that would be the same year he would be.

"Yes, I and Draco are currently 16 years old physically so that would be the correct year," nodded Hermione.

"And we both need to prepare to take the exams given by the Ministry and Hogwarts to validate our knowledge and supposed studies at home," she added, excited about the idea of the exams.

"With the knowledge we have, it's more than enough, I wouldn't worry about it," Draco snorted from his bed.

"No, our grades are very important and if we want to integrate into this time, we have to do everything we can, these exams are an opportunity we can't afford to waste," explained Hermione seriously and excitedly.

"Granger, you're the only person I know who gets excited at the thought of an exam," Draco complained and decided not to continue talking to her, he couldn't agree on that with the Gryffindor.

But Draco knew that if they weren't at the level that young wizards of their age should be, they wouldn't be accepted at Hogwarts, so it was true that they should prepare themselves at least a little.

Still, he would not agree with her, there was nothing worse than doing that.

After discussing the final details of the deal properly, along with several questions Hermione had, Severus let Hermione rest quietly as well as Draco who didn't waste any time and went to sleep.

They still had to recover to be completely well, the headache and some of the burns still hadn't fully healed.

Even though she complained that she didn't want to rest, Severus treated her like a patient and didn't let her argue about it.

They would both stay in bed until at least the headache was gone.

22