Chapter 19: Severus Prince
373 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at the scroll, Severus saw the Prince vaults, properties, businesses, and investments:

 

-Prince family:

 

- Vault No. 777 (Prince family main vault).

 

- Vault No. 77 (Ordinary, daily use vault).

 

- Vault No. 7 ( Heir Prince's Vault)

 

- Vault No. 55, Vault No. 108, Vault No. 47, Vault No. 85, Vault No. 127 (Smaller vaults opened by several earlier generations of the Prince family line who, after their deaths, became part of the main Prince family.)

 

-Old Prince Mansion (Republic of Ireland) (Abandoned)

 

-Prince Manor (Great Britain) (current)

 

-Several properties are spread throughout the magical world (Detailed specifications attached)

 

-Various businesses and investments in the magical world (Attached file with detailed specifications).

"Well, I'll continue looking at the finances of Prince House in more detail later, for now, we'd better proceed with the tour through the vaults," Severus said to the goblin once he understood the vast amount of properties, businesses, and investments that Prince House had in the magical world.

It would take him a considerable amount of time to read and understand all the details.

'Time he would rather use for other things,' sighed Severus.

For now, Severus wanted to see how much fortune the House Prince currently had in money, then see how he would invest or use the money for his future plans.

He had a lot of technological things to do that would require research, investment, and time.

"Very well, please follow me Lord Prince" Dorbuck nodded indicating for him to go with him.

They both went to a cave that stretched into the darkness and had some torches on the wall with footprints leading into the abyss.

Dorbuck simply pulled out a lighted torch that hung on the wall and led the way.

A few moments later they came to a wagon that was connected to some long tracks.

The goblin climbed into the carriage and gestured for Severus to do the same.

"Which vault do you want to see first?" asked Dorbuck.

"Let's start with the main vault."

The goblin only nodded and the cart took them to one of the deepest parts of the cave.

What Severus knew about Prince House was that they were a very old family, dating back over 700 years.

They were famous for brewing potions and had links to many noble houses in Britain.

They were a family of blood purists, but they accepted half-bloods, unlike other more orthodox houses.

They used to be a house dedicated to dark potion making but eventually opted to stay on the "light side".

Although the Princes did not accept Muggles or Squibs, as they considered them inferior since they could not use magic.

That was one of the reasons why Severus' grandparents, his mother Eileen Prince's parents, removed his mother from the family tree even though she was his only heir.

They simply would not tolerate or accept that she had married a Muggle.

Eileen Prince was the only living heir, all the other family members died due to their recognition as dark potions.

Many dark wizards sought out the Prince's for different reasons and it never ended well for any of the Prince's involved.

So the family went on to leave the dark side.

Keeping only a few Prince's alive, until finally, it was just Severus' maternal grandparents and his mother.

When they finally reached the vaults, Severus stopped thinking about his family history and concentrated on the wealth of his maternal family.

The vault was just a large cave-like hole with a black metal door.

The goblin tapped the vault several times and a small opening appeared through which only the gem of his ring seemed to enter.

"You must place your hand with the ring in the hole," Dorbuck informed him.

Severus calmly moved his hand in front of the opening and then inserted the ring into the hole.

The wall seemed to react quickly and after several mechanical noises, the doors opened fully.

Instantly, in front of Severus were piles of coins scattered around the vault along with ancient books, gems, potions, cauldrons, ingredients of all kinds, and parchment.

Severus was very pleased, no doubt he had a good fortune to spend from now on.

After checking some more, they went through the rest of the remaining vaults and Severus asked Dorbuck to count the money in each vault.

Once they had finished checking all the Vaults in the Prince's possession, they both returned to the goblin's office.

"So, how much money is there in total?" asked Severus.

The goblin pulled out the parchment he had been writing on and began to read it.

"This..., How much money does the Prince's vault have in total or the sum of all the vaults?" asked Dorbuck.

"Between all the vaults, how much money is there?" asked Severus again.

"Hmm... Here you have"   the goblin passed a piece of paper to Severus.

He quickly took the paper and read it:

 

-Total money vaults in possession of the Princes.

 

-697,807 gallons

 

-970,703 sickles

 

-530,005 knots

Severus almost lost his composure as he read the paper.

He knew the Princes had vast wealth, especially since he had checked vault by vault himself.

But never in his dreams had he dreamed of having such a large fortune in his lifetime.

'All this must be from selling potions...' Severus concluded.

In the magical world, Galleons were the most valuable coins.

Seventeen sickles made a galleon and 29 knuts made a sickle.

In Muggle currency, a gallon was 17 Pounds and 1 Pound was 2 USD.

Severus had an approximate wealth of around 700,000 galleons.

That was about 12 million Pounds or 24 million USD.

And that is without considering the value of all the assets and investments that the Princes had.

But considering his family's profession, it was understandable, potions made a lot of money, especially the sale of dark potions.

But still, it was a large sum of money, one that neither of his two souls had ever had the pleasure of having or seeing.

A sum that made him one of the richest wizards in Britain.

Though he knew that there were houses like the Malfoy's that had much more.

Severus was not greedy for money and did not give it much importance, but now it was a fundamental resource that he could not lack.

So being able to dispose of a large amount of money put him in a very good mood.

'Looks like those two were a miracle of the Force in disguise' Severus smiled at the thought of how beneficial his encounter with Draco and Hermione had turned out to be.

Supposedly Jedi couldn't have attachments, but he always thought that not having attachments could be just as bad as having them.

If a person begins to isolate himself from his attachments, his friends, colleagues, and everyone else who is important to him, he will eventually begin to devalue himself. Eventually, he will begin to devalue the lives of those around him.   

'Jedi may not devalue conscious lives, but they do devalue sentient life. Emotions, attachments, love, happiness, and pain; all the things that make us live rather than just be alive'.

'It was absurd, the Jedi distancing themselves from their attachments began to distance themselves from the very people they were sworn to protect and lead, and they ended up being treated as mere soldiers by the Republic'   Severus thought a little irritated with the Jedi code he had worked so hard to follow.

That damned code was one of the reasons Darth Sidious' poisonous words had such an effect on him.

He always had those thoughts, but Obi-Wan never listened to him, but the " Friendly Chancellor" was all ears and fully supported him, so he let his head be filled.

Snorting, Severus decided to stop thinking about it, he didn't need to justify his actions anymore.

Obi-Wan was gone, there was no Jedi council that cared about his actions or could criticize him, he was free now...

Dorbuck and Severus continued to talk about various things in the Prince family.

And Severus noted that Prince House was on the poorer side when it came to significant holdings in the magical world, but the Prince family was never very large, so it was understandable.

From what Dorbuck had told him, a family from an average pureblood noble house had around 400,000 galleons in the vault constantly.

In the magical world, those with large assets and investments are more renowned.

And the richest families in the magical world had over a million galleons in their vaults constantly.

In addition, most of them had a large amount of property, assets, businesses, and investments.

Severus was now rich enough to buy almost anything he wanted, too bad that what he wanted didn't exist on this planet and so he knew he would have to come up with even more money to finance all his future projects.

But he was sure he could triple his money in a short time.

He had the knowledge and the talent, he just lacked the money and now he had it.

'It's funny and also pathetically sad to think that before the most I ever made in money in a year was about 277 galleons.'   

'Hmm... Merlin, I'd better not think about that.'

Severus had already taken about 70,000 galleons out of the Vaults which he would use to improve his current lifestyle, and then the rest to start on his plans.

Once he got his plans together he would start using more.

After withdrawing the paperwork and withdrawing the money, Severus left the bank and returned home.

'I suppose I can buy some food... those two probably haven't moved from their beds.'

'Well..., food for three it is then' concluded Severus who was in a good mood and decided to stop by some local eatery.

Not every day you become the heir of an important and wealthy family.

And so it was that Severus became Lord Prince.

Two weeks later.

-Dorset, West Country, south-western England, Great Britain

 

-Prince Manor

A young man was sitting by the tree of a huge manor.

Not as skinny as he used to be.

Not as unkempt as he used to be.

His hair was no longer as greasy, unkempt, and long, his face no longer showed signs of acne, his teeth were no longer crooked and yellow, and his nose no longer looked like just an ugly hook.

This young man was Severus Prince who had cut his hair shorter, built a stronger and more muscled body, his teeth were white and cared for, and he now dressed in good quality black clothes that made him look like a noble prince dressed in black.

Anyone who had met him before would be very impressed with the many changes in the young man.

For those who know him now, this is the norm.

Severus Prince left behind his old life as Severus Snape.

He no longer thought of Lily, who decided to move on with her life without being his friend.

Nor of Dumbledore, who always favoured his beloved Gryffindors.

Nor did he give any thought to his fellow Slytherins who only wanted him to be a death eater and only considered him a friend for convenience.

All that was left behind with the old Snape.

He left behind the house of his parents in which he had lived and suffered so much throughout his life.

He wouldn't sell the house he lived in at Spinner's End, despite the bad memories he had in that house, it was still part of his life.

But leaving was one of the best decisions he had ever made.

It was a new beginning and Severus knew he had a whole life ahead of him.

He had already started his plans, but it would take time, so he decided to focus on his training, the control of the Force, and the different spells and magics that were on this planet.

But in these two weeks, he also decided to enjoy his time on this planet, he would have no more regrets, so he would try his best, but he would also enjoy his time to the fullest.

Since his unexpected meeting with Draco and Hermione, they had both kept their part of the deal and spent a few hours a day showing and teaching him all kinds of magic unknown to the magical world of this time.

Severus had also fulfilled his part since he had obtained the Prince family's inheritance thanks to the ancestral ring they had given him.

They were now recognised as Draco Prince and Hermione Prince in the magical world, distant cousins of Severus Tobias Prince, Lord of House Prince.

23