Chapter 27: Skywalker Industries
107 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Prince Manor, 11 August 1976

Today Severus was up early to organize both the Prince Potions factory and the newly created Skywalker Industries.

Severus had spent the last few weeks very busy on one particular project.

But he had finally completed it.

He had created the first droid on this planet, even though it was pretty basic, it had all the functions that Severus currently needed it to have.

It took much longer than he thought it would, as it was not easy to create every piece of technology from scratch.

In fact, he had to thank his ability as an Oclumen this time, thanks to his occlumency he was able to remember perfectly part by part what he had to do, otherwise, it would have taken him much longer.

But now that he had managed to create one, it was only a matter of time before Skywalker Industri began to create the technology he wanted.

So far he hadn't started any major technology projects because Severus didn't trust anyone to do the work, but with droids, he would not have to worry.

Skywalker was going to be a techno-cop, but that didn't mean he was going to introduce everything he created to this world.

No... Severus would only create a few basic things to make a lot of money so he could continue to privately create the technology he needed just for himself.

These days were quite exhausting for him, Severus had to talk and negotiate constantly with many people he did not know and did not care to know.

But it was important to obtain more income to advance even faster in his projects.

Another thing that was tiring Severus was that he had not stopped receiving letters from owls from many noble houses or wizards who wanted something.

Many important wizards from different parts of the wizarding world approached him for business.

Yes... he sometimes regretted being Lord Prince.

"Huh, Narcissa?" wondered Severus, seeing a letter that had arrived from his friend.

He took the letter and read it intrigued.

'So the Ministry wants to play this way...'

'Well..., I should have guessed from the politicians, Obi Wan always told me to watch out for them...'

'Even Padme was quite a danger when she got serious' Severus thought with a smile as he reminded Padme and the debt she owed as a senator.

Back to the letter, Narcissa wasn't at all happy with Severus, he got a lot of complaints from her and she asked him for a good explanation as to why he acted like a...

"Gryffindor?"

'I can't deny that a part of me was offended by that comparative.'

'But I also can't explain to Narcissa that I can now take on the problems that come with being Lord Prince'

'No one would believe that in less than two months someone would change so much.'

But even so, Severus tried to explain to her that she didn't have to worry about him, it wouldn't be easy to convince her, but it was all he could do.

Currently, the situation in Britain was getting worse every day, Voldemort and his followers were becoming more aggressive.

The situation was critical and both sides wanted all the support they could get, so his position as head of the Prince's was a dangerous one if he had no way to defend himself.

Even though many houses adopted a Neutral attitude to everything that was going on, gradually the pressure was getting to the point where they had to unite on one side.

After answering Narcissa's letter, he also saw that he had received one from Lucius.

He didn't say much, he just congratulated him for inheriting a fortune like the Prince's, even joking about how he 'kept' the secret hidden for so long.

Severus went on to read a few more letters and went on to see the progress of his new technology industry.

At Skywalker Industries, things were currently going very well even though it was a new company.

Severus was already making good money.

A few days ago, he introduced the new portable computers with very advanced software for the people of this planet.

But because it was so easy to use, people could now have access to a small computer to do all kinds of things.

And this was clearly a success.

Severus had been careful to make all the programs on the computer very simple to use but useful so that everyone could access it.

He even made sure to create a tutorial for those who had never seen a computer before, which explained everything steps by step.

And in just a few days after being on the market, the computer became a success, earning Skywalker Industries a huge amount of money every day.

Many companies wanted to copy Severus' idea, but no one could replicate the programs he had created because they were made with technology too advanced for anyone on this planet to understand.

Even though the external part of the computer was quite simple to copy, a good computer without all the programs he had added was useless.

Skywalker Industri's computer became the most desirable financial tool and began to be mass produced and sold all over the world.

Skywalker Industries also made and saved a lot of money thanks to the metal smelters they had acquired some time ago.

The best thing about having their own metal smelters was that they didn't have to buy the materials they needed to make the computers from others.

"Severus, we're back," Hermione announced as always did when she entered Prince Manor.

Severus got up quietly and went to greet Draco and Hermione.

"I see you're back early today, so, did you bring what I asked for?" said Severus without bothering to ask them where they went, he never asked such things.

"Yes, this time it was easy we got everything," replied Hermione handing him a magical bag with everything he had told them to buy.

Severus nodded.

"Severus, this... I was planning on doing some things, would you mind if Hermione replaced me today at the magic practice?" asked Draco.

"Sure, but tomorrow will be double time, I still have a lot of questions that you have to answer," Severus said and Draco nodded.

Hermione looked at Draco angrily since he never asked her if she could replace him.

'Idiot, I may as well have plans for the day' Hermione complained mentally, but said nothing, she would discuss it privately with Draco later.

Lately, the two of them had had several problems and disagreements.

It almost seemed as if Draco had slowly returned to his old attitude towards her.

Hermione knew it had to do with him finally getting used to this time and no longer needing to be around her to feel more secure and calm.

She wasn't going to deny that it hurt and annoyed her a little that it was like this, but she knew she couldn't hold him back, he was moving on with his life in this time and she had to do the same.

"Hermione," Severus called to her.

"Yes?"

"After we eat we start," Severus said quietly and left to continue with his things.

The instant he was gone, Hermione stared at Draco.

And he just grinned unabashedly.

"You know, if you want me to do something for you, you should ask me first, that was very rude," Hermione said rather irritated.

"Oh, please Hermione, if you love magic practice with Severus," said Draco.

"What's more, I see it as me doing you a favour," he added.

"You...!" Hermione was furious now.

"Hey, I gave you more time to talk like an Eclectus all you want. We both know Severus is the only one who really listens to you when you talk that much" said Draco jokingly.

'This bastard!' thought Hermione angrily.

'Lily pays attention to me too' she groaned internally but didn't say so.

"You're such an idiot!"

"I only have good intentions" smirked Draco.

Hermione rolled her eyes at Draco's cheek.

~~~~~~~

-Prince Manor, 14 August 1976

Hermione studied Draco and Severus who were sitting across from her.

Severus as usual was reading something while Draco looked at her bored.

Draco ran his hand through his now black hair and his grey eyes met hers warily and he sighed deeply.

" Alright let's get this over quickly, what do you want Hermione?"

"I agree with Draco on this, why did you ask the three of us to get together?" asked Severus putting aside the papers he was reading to stare with his dark eyes at Hermione.

"Alright, if we're supposed to be family, shouldn't we know things about each other?" asked Hermione staring at the two of them so as not to miss their reactions.

"Huh, so much trouble for that?" complained Draco.

"I'm serious, Draco. If we're supposed to be siblings, we're going to need to know the simple things about each other, don't you think?" Hermione rolled her eyes.

"And Severus as our cousin should be aware of some things as well," she added.

"That's true..., I promised to integrate the two of you as my distant cousins, and not knowing anything about each other can be problematic once we are at Hogwarts. Many will ask questions about our relationship" nodded Severus with a sigh.

He'd rather not waste time on this, but talking and clearing some things up now would save him trouble later.

Hermione was slightly surprised, however, she was extremely pleased that Severus had come to the same conclusion she had come to a few days ago.

"Well, then... we should just get to know each other a little, shouldn't we?" said Draco, he had expected Severus to refuse, but since he didn't refuse, he had no choice now.

Besides, he could also admit that this actually makes sense, it had happened to them before when they had talked to Lily.

Hermione and Draco just had to avoid talking about anything too personal, but that wouldn't work forever.

Even Severus knew that in order for this to work and not bring him any more trouble, they needed to get to know each other and get some things straight.

Draco and Hermione would have to exclude a lot of things from their lives, though.

"Great...the first thing is to know our family history and how it relates to Severus and the Prince," Hermione said and frowned, crossing her legs under her.

This was something they would have to be very careful about.

After talking about this for a few moments, the three of them came to an agreement and created a convincing backstory.

"Now what?" Draco asked bored.

"What else do you guys want to know?" asked Hermione.

'Nothing' Severus and Draco thought but didn't say.

Hermione looked at them and rolled her eyes knowing what they were thinking.

She shrugged, blowing a loose curl from her eyes, and waited quietly for one of them to say something,

"Well let's get this over with, tell us what you have in mind, Hermione," Severus said.

"Hmm, how about we just say a few things about us, anything we can use to mention in case we get asked questions?" she suggested.

"This is silly," Draco complained.

"Yes, but neither you nor I suggested anything, so we get this done and finished," said Severus causing Draco to frown but nod in agreement, while Hermione only chuckled lightly.

Severus and Draco watched Hermione laugh and she froze with a blush creeping into her cheeks.

"Right, tell me both of you when your birthday is," Severus said downplaying Hermione's amusement.

"That's a good start, I'm sixteen and seventeen next September 19th" nodded Hermione.

" Sure..., I'm 16 and will be 17 on the 5th of June," said Draco bored.

"I'm 16 and I will be 17 on the 9th of January, now let's move on..."

And so the three of them spent some time telling each other some basic things to know about each other before they entered Hogwarts.

8