Remnant childhood
2.5k 5 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex was reborn on menagerie into the body of stillborn but otherwise healthy baby. the most surprising thing for him was that neither of his parents seemed to be human as they both had animal like features. as far as alex could tell his father seemed to have the traits of some sort of bird as his golden eyes were different than normal and he had red feathers mixed with his red hair. alex's father was also a fairly lean man with a narrow but handsome face and much to alex's discomfort and happiness seemed to care for his family greatly.

Alex's mother was a whole different story however as she had thick black hair and two round feline ears on the top of her head. her eyes were feline green with narrowed pupils and she had a mouth full of fangs along with clawed fingers. alex didn't know what animal his mother took after but he himself discovered that he seemed to have taken traits from both of his parents since he also had feline ears on the top of his head only his were feathered at the tips. alex's eyes were both narrow pupiled but also had birdlike qualities as well while being a deep ruby red.

The biggest thing however alex discovered were the pair of small wings on his back that he only noticed after he was not as tightly wrapped. alex had to be careful with his hands as well since like his mother they had thin but razor sharp claws. time moved on after alex was born since as an infant there was truly very little he could do to occupy his time. most of alex's days were spent trying to learn as much as he could from the adults conversations who were thankfully speaking english.

It wasn't until alex turned one that he managed to figure out what kinda of animals his parents had features of. alex's father kairos was apparently a red eagle faunus which is apparently what people with beast traits are called. alex's mother ravia however was a lion faunus and thanks to the fact that alex had the traits of both his parents she called him her little griffin. alex protested to being called such but to others he didn't appear any different from an angry baby which only made the situation worse.

When alex turned two he finally gained enough control of his body to waddle around with those super heavy steps all infants use to get around. alex caused his parents a huge amount of trouble once he started walking as he would escape from his room constantly to explore the surrounding areas. apparently alex learned from his explorations that he had been born in a small town on the southern peninsula of the continent of menagerie. from the conversations alex eavesdropped in on during his explorations faunus were apparently going through a terrible amount of racist segregation due to them being different then humans.

This bothered alex on a personal level since it sounded a lot like the slavery system back on earth. while many years were between alex's time and that era alex hated it since he himself was different then everyone else. interestingly alex learned that the faunus had a civil rights group known as the white fang who under the leadership of ghira belladonna led nonviolent protest to the treatment of faunus. alex also learned that there was another group of faunus who felt that violence would solve the problem even faster. alex personally thought that the faunus needed both groups to succeed just like back on earth.

Alex grew up fairly normally for the next couple of years where he learned how to speak and read the common language of remnant. it was at this point alex realized his mind was far sharper than it had been on earth as he could remember whatever he read effortlessly. this was normal for bird type faunus according to his parents since flying meant you needed to be able to interpret the huge amount of information gained in mid air. speaking of flying alex had been grounded so to speak since he had tried using his wings to take off and fell through the roof after losing control.

According to his father most winged faunus couldn't actually fly until they reached puberty and that the fact alex even managed to take off was impressive. when alex was five he was given a single hour a day to practice flying which he relished due to how amazingly free it felt. during one of alex's practice flights he had apparently caught the attention of a nearby grim , specifically a nevermore. it was at this point alex was introduced to the monstrous creations of the god of darkness called grim.

The grim chasing alex was a nevermore , a fuck off huge black eagle monster with a white skull-like face and a bad attitude. the fact that alex didn't shit himself when it started chasing him was impressive enough but the fact that he was actually faster than the grim by a wide margin was even more so. alex didn't even realize when he was booking it away in mid air he was clocking close to eighty miles per hour. needless to say when alex approached the town at such crazy speeds more than a few people had wide eyes. though to be fair the angry grim definitely didn't help the matter at all , but the resident hunters aka alex's parents fixed that problem quickly enough.

49