Kuana koa(2)
967 0 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ghira sent you i take it?" alex asked adam calmly. adam had trouble maintaining eye contact with alex since his armor didn't have any eyes. "i was indeed sent by his highness to escort you to him." adam said seriously. "please follow me" adam said before dashing away leaving alex standing there , or at least that's what he thought until he made it close to the largest building in the capital that belonged to ghira. turning around expecting to see alex far back having trouble catching up adam froze when he saw alex standing right there yawning.

Alex could tell that adam seemed to be a competitive person but could only pity him for choosing the worst person to measure up against. alex knew that even if you removed his multiple semblances just leaving his body behind adam had no chance of comparing. adam seemed to be figuring this out himself and while it was disappointing for him he figured it was only right for someone valued so highly by ghira to be so strong. the walk through ghira's home was fairly casual after that with most of the people there wondering what sort of suit he was wearing.

Ghira was sitting at a large wooden desk going over various papers when adam walked in with alex. looking up from his work ghira sees the armor alex has on and eyes it with interest. "knowing you that armor is probably a nightmare to get through isn't it?" he asked casually. alex feigned injury "you cut me to the core!" he says dramatically. ghira smiles at his actions "it's good to see you brat." he said honestly. alex shrugged and both ghira and adam watched as it opened at the back and alex stepped out of it easily.

Adam couldn't help himself "i want one of those." he said before looking embarrassed at the slip of his tongue. alex chuckled "you'll need to sweet talk me quite a bit to get anything even remotely close." he said half jokingly. ghira chuckled " if that's all it takes i might also join in , whats the specs on that thing anyway?" he asked curiously. "well it got non-Newtonian impact resistance , temperature differential immunity and is made of ultra light metal with fully prehensile limbs making it barely a hinderance for the wearer. the really nifty part is the helmet though check it out." alex said before tossing the helmet to ghira.

Ghira put the helmet on and was blow away at the fact he could not only see and hear perfectly but that there were several real time strategies and comms systems interferences amongst other stuff he didn't understand. taking the helmet off ghira handed it back to alex with a conflicted expression. "that whole suit has to be the most advanced armor currently in existence on remnant , i'm with adam on this one." he said seriously. alex just smiled while laying his weapon carefully on the floor which creaked under the strain.

Ghira and adam both noticed this but didn't say anything "guess it's a shame i don't plan to share this particular set of ideas then , we have enough implements of war on this planet already." he said while making himself comfortable on one of the office chairs. ghira nodded in understanding " i wouldn't try to force the issue after all you've done anyway , it'd feel wrong." he said honestly. alex waved it off "i can't take all the credit you did all the hard stuff yourself , though that trap in the atlas contract was truly inspired i must say." alex said calmly.

"I was more surprised they didn't find it before the incident that blew up in their faces." ghira said honestly. "enough about all that stuff you know why i am in kuana koa , yes?" alex asked seriously. ghira nodded "passage to vale so you can enter beacon , though i don't understand why since you are already so skilled." he said honestly. "two reason really , first the moment you stop trying to improve you stagnate also...." alex paused turning to adam. "adam how many people your age do you know?" he asked confusing adam who answered anyways with several dozen.

"Now do you know how many people around my age i truly know? not a single one." alex explained sadly. "i don't honestly know a single person around my age , in fact the only ones ive ever met were adam and your daughter blake but i know neither. beacon is my chance to try and socialize without seeming too different." alex explained honestly. ghira could only sigh and curse himself for not realizing that alex was probably very lonely. "alright i'll arrange passage on the next transport vessel , in the meanwhile go have fun in the capital it is your first time here after all." ghira said calmly.

26