Team ups(3)
857 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The only part of the armor missing was the helmet because alex still needed to be identifiable for roll call. ruby was fangirling over the suit bombarding alex with questions about it. alex answered most of the questions since they were fairly harmless but the one that surprised him the most was about his wings. alex forgot that ruby had only seen him with his wings tucked tightly against his back so she didn't even know he had them to begin with. alex explained this which got her very interested in seeing them without the armor on them.

This was easy to do for alex since he just stepped out of the armor getting a fair bit of oohs and ahs from the other students. once he was not enclosed in metal alex extended the full twenty five foot wingspan letting ruby and the other students see his wings. ruby seemed enamored by the mahogany feathers that matched alex's hair. alex was fine with ruby touching his wings but when someone else looked about to he retracted them defensively. when the others complained about the favoritism alex simply explained how ruby was a friend but he didn't know any of them.

Most of the grumbling stopped after that explanation but alex still noticed the tall boy who had reached out complaining about not getting a souvenir. when all of the students arrived the professor and headmaster had everyone stand on engraved metal pads. alex put his armor back on and went to do the same but was stopped by the headmaster. "Mr. drake do to your ability to fly as well as the fact there is an odd number of students this year , an exception has been made allowing you to team up with the first two individuals you come across rather than one. "

"In order to ensure fairness i would also ask that you find a random spot in the forest before the others." ozpin informed alex calmly. alex could understand the reason for such arrangements so only nodded before jumping off the cliff while the other students watched. just to show off alex even broke the sound barrier briefly sending a loud "crack" through the air. Alex didn't know if the headmaster realized how little difference it made for him to go before everyone else due to his eagle vision all but guaranteeing him his pick of teammates.

While in the air alex noticed the traces of an ancient nevermore having passed by at one point and remained on guard while landing right in the center of the forest. two minutes later alex saw someone he recognized get launched , rubies sister yang. figuring out where she was going to land from her interesting but sloppy style of propulsion alex waited for her with his arms crossed. true to his prediction yang landed safely ten feet from where he stood while jogging to slow down. "fancy meeting you here ,yang its was such a pleasant surprise." he teased with a smile.

"I noticed you as well princess blake." alex also said while turning towards the feline faunus who stiffened when he spoke. "so you are gonna be on my team huh? guess this means we will have a lot of time to get to know each other inside out." yang said that innuendo with a hungry grin. blake just blushed "we should try to find the relics to complete the challenge." she said seriously. alex shrugged "already did before we even left the cliff , they are in a old ruin that way." alex said pointing north east.

The two girls looked at him in confusion "eagle vision." he explained earning understanding looks in return. "wait ,  does that mean you could see where everyone would land and chose to stand here on purpose?" yang asked with a curious smile. alex blushed slightly "i figured if i got you on my team , i would also get ruby. blake was just a pleasant surprise." he admitted honestly. "despite just meeting her you seem awfully chummy with my sister. got a thing for her?" yang asked half teasingly.

Alex almost tripped "i honestly hadn't thought about it , she is just the first friend i ever had due to where i grew up. she is pretty cute on second thought though." alex blushed and said honestly. "what do you mean first friend surely there must be others?" yang asked in disbelief. alex then explained as they walked about the lack of any children in serg besides himself and how it left him rather lonely most of the time. "you are pretty confident in yourself for someone with no friends." yang commented and alex explained about the animal traits he inherited such as the arrogant self pride of the two rulers.

27