Getting up in the world
441 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex found a couple of other unknown plants that he took samples of in his exploration and headed back. "i found three things without records on them , figured i could give them to miach to study." alex said after landing. "he'd probably like that , though wouldn't the guild get upset we didn't report it to them first?" blake asked concerned. "oh the guild definitely won't like it but since there is no rule against it there's not much they can do about it." alex said with a shrug.  "just don't push the guild too far , we still need to deal with them." weiss says as they start walking.

"I don't intend to since you are correct that we still need to deal with them in the future but in about three more months we should be able to hit level five right?" alex asked not expecting an answer so he continued. "when that happens we will be in the upper echelons of all adventurers surpassed only by a handful of level six's and a single level seven , at that point it simply wouldn't be worth it for the guild to try and antagonize us." alex explained calmly.

"I suppose that makes sense , would be bad to have a repeat of that incident here after all." yang said honestly. the group grew tensed at that but soon they perk up again as a swarm of hexwasp showed up. the group remained quiet after that as they killed their way across the floor collecting materials as they went. the next five floors were repeated in the same manner as the first with alex exploring before bringing back anything unknown. when the group reached the next sub zone on floor twenty four they decided to call the trip there and head back with their loot.

The amount of unknown materials alex found numbered only seven with one of them being a metal of a strange brown color like it was rusted. miach shared blakes concern despite his obvious want to be the first to study the materials. alex figured as much which is why he had enough of each for miach to study while also giving some to the guild. when he reported his findings the guild was obviously upset that miach got a head start with the materials but still thanked him for reporting them none the less.

This time the uproar alex's group caused wasn't in the direct purview of the exploring familias but in the way of the crafting familias. this wasn't to say that the exploring familias weren't affected since most new materials were discovered by them but it wasn't their main focus. it certainly stung a bit for their pride though since they had been around for years and only now the newcomers were discovery new and potentially game changing things on floors they cleared uncountable times. the crafting familias all tried to get alex to get them some of these new materials to get ahead of the curve but he made it clear he would only consider it after miach was done with the first batch.

The only exception to this was the hephaestus familia and that was only because they were only interested in the metal which miach had no use for. this new metal apparently filled the missing metal between steel and mithril as it was stronger than steel but weaker than mithril. besides dealing with that whole drama alex and the girls simply continued their usual life. this included training bell who was a suspiciously quick learner and seemed to have a problem with women as well.

It was entertaining to watch the boy flounder about awkwardly in front of members of the opposite gender. alex had noticed an annoying god kept trying to manipulate bell though so he flew the deity to an island on the other side of the world. it took the god just after alex and the girls maxed out their stats and leveled up to five to find his way back to orario. he confronted alex publicly about his actions and alex didn't even defend himself stating that he simply send the god on vacation on the other side of the world , completely unharmed.

Hermes was furious at how easily alex shrugged off his attempt to get rid of him but since alex was level five hermes was powerless. the entire group had gotten new skills from the level up as well making them even stronger. blake , weiss , ruby and tsunade all got boosting skills for their stats leaving them ahead of the curve. alex got a skill called gungnir however that made him upset since it hinted at freya being right about the prophesy. the skill let him lock onto a target and made his next attack unblockable as well as undodgeable. yang got a skill called giantess that didn't change her stats but let her increase her size by three times.

10