Ymir
388 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex didn't have anymore problems when he reached the sixty seven again since rare monsters like the forostos took the dungeon far longer to respawn the deeper you went. the monster grew stronger and strong as alex dived further and further before he reached floor sixty nine which held the monster rex. this was also the second to last monster rex recorded by the zeus familia before they were wiped out by the one eyed black dragon. this monster rex was a massive humanoid similar to the goliath but bigger.  the thing was covered in white frosted fur and had two huge horns on its head while it wielded both powerful frost attacks and a massive silver-blue axe.

Just like it was recorded ymir the monster rex of floor sixty nine sat on a massive ice throne in the center of the floor that was easily three times orarios size. how alex was noticed immediately after he entered the floor he didn't know but ymir stood up to its full height like a small mountain. the ground shook as ymir took a slow step towards alex who took to the sky's to pester the giant from its overhead.

The reason for this was because it was difficult for humanoids to strike upward with as much force as downwards. this meant that being above ymir gave alex the advantage of not getting one shotted if ymir hit him. lets be honest here a redwood sized axe hitting you is definitely going to be painful regardless , but at least this way alex doesn't get hit with a downward swing. alex knew better than to clash in a melee brawl with a colossus like ymir so he flew out of reach thanks to the stupidly tall ceiling and engaged in ranged warfare.

To be specific alex threw celestial release nuke spears from overhead and whittled away at the stupidly durable monster. ymir's regeneration was crazy fast as the only reason alex was making any progress was thanks to the cauterizing effect celestial release had on the wounds. alex could feel himself getting uncomfortably low on energy when the core finally came into view and he threw one last spear to hold off the regeneration as he dove down with his sword. with a shockwave alex stabbed the sword deep into the crystal and twisted finally killing ymir and leaving his drops behind.

Alex got a horn , a person sized shard of the axe and the split core that was three times taller than alex himself. alex was exhausted after that fight as he could feel how close to empty he was of energy having barely enough to stay awake. alex took an hour break to regain some energy before heading down to the floor seventy safe floor to finish recovering. the safe floor wasn't actually cold interestingly but was a huge crystal filled area that when alex tested found were basically candy. it was odd how the dungeon made a whole floor out of edible sweets but he could only shrug at it.

This didn't stop him from chipping off a few mason jars of the stuff to keep for the guild and miach who might be able to use it to improve his potions taste. if that failed alex could just sell the stuff as a novelty item for rich familia who want a taste of the limit floors. there was more than just the crystals in the safe floor though as alex found plants that glowed in a silvery light and let off a faint hum. 

He had no clue what the clearly magical plants were used for so he grabbed a few before using his crystal release to create a high plateau igloo to sleep on safely. when alex woke up again he updated his status and smiled seeing it maxed out but not at level eight since the high quality excelia from ymir wasn't quite enough for that. alex made it back to orario without issue and even passed the newly improved loki familias expedition. they were rather depressed to learn that alex had already killed ymir making going beyond that not on their own effort which they refused to do.

7