Last Day
421 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I waited for the earthquake to finally stop after the third time before I opened my phone and started playing my game one last time. I shakily tapped on the screen of my broken phone and waited as the magic circle started spinning in bright colorful lights. The screen brightened up, illuminating the dark walls around me. I tried to keep my eyes open when it showed me my new summon.


[Congradulations! You have summoned LR Lucyfera]


"F-finally, cough, I got her," I coughed up blood, feeling it pour down from my lips as my body started to feel numb. "It just has, cough, to happen while I'm dying huh? So much of my allowance... wasted and yet I only got her af—" cough, "After 25 tries. Fucking gacha."


I started coughing harder feeling weaker by the second. I fumbled my way to the messaging app and typed my last message to my brother so he can continue where I left off to play my Valkyrie Crusade game in my place and dispose of my porn from my computer in a viking funeral. I already sent my last goodbyes to everyone I cared for so there's not much to do other than wait.


I felt tears welling up and started falling down my face. I wanted to die old and surrounded by my wife and grandchildren, not trapped alone in a parking lot with nothing but darkness to keep me company. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, though I think I'm hearing voices from above me...


-----------------------------


[Welcome to the afterlife, John! Rejoice, as your boring life is now over! Don't despair though, because your new life will now be filled with excitement, horror, betrayal, and more importantly, romance!]


{Countdown 00:00:10}


I blinked not comprehending the message before me. I pinched myself thinking that I'm dreaming or in a coma, but I felt the pain. 


[Countdown 00:00:00]


It soon disappeared and someone popped up sitting on a chair and a desk in front of me. I felt my eyes widen in shock when I saw her. She looked like Aqua but more beautiful and holy.


... ... ...


"A...Aqua?" I asked flabbergasted.


"No, I'm not Aqua," She began to say shaking her head in denial, "I'm using an image from your subconscious to talk to you directly so you don't lose your mind to grief. You may call me Aqua if you would prefer."


"I... I see." I nodded not to think of anything and tried to go with the flow.


"Congratulations, you will be given a new life with a job class that is suited for you." Not Aqua said moving her hand on the desk and a window appeared above.


[Gained Job Class: Summoner]


[Pick a type of Summoning]


• Elemental Summoning

• Angelic Summoning

• Demonic Summoning

• Monster Summoning 

• Yu Gi Oh Summoning  

• Age of Ishtaria Summoning

• Deadman Cross Summoning 

• Taimanin Summoning


I didn't know how long I stared at the screen without reading it. I just sat there with not Aqua and the endless darkness for company. After what felt like days I finally started to actually read it and I felt confused. I tried scrolling up, but the screen didn't move.


"Um, Lady Aqua, it doesn't say which world I'll be going to, only the job class. Do you choose it or can I pick it out? I rather pick a world that doesn't increase my chance at death or a death world where everyone dies like in Akane ga Kill."


"I'm sorry to say that it is completely randomized. The world will be selected after you carefully pick your summon type from the list and complete the tutorial. I don't want to send you somewhere without you knowing how it works after all. Before you ask, yes you'll still have your own body and memories."


I nodded very grateful remembering most if not all other people were instantly sent after getting something. I took my time to decompress and eventually decided to look it over before picking one.


I dismissed the first four on top since it's redundant because the other four have similar or more powerful creatures and spells.


I Instantly picked my top four choices Taimanin, Age of Ishtaria, Deadman Cross, and Yu-Gi-Oh. 


No, I have to choose wisely and I can't pick any one choice without thinking it through. Even if they all have beautiful artwork and interesting character designs. I shook my head trying to clear the sexy images from my mind, 'I can't think with my dick, no matter how much I want to. This is my life we're talking about here.'


I wanted to pick Taimanin so bad that it hurts because of many many pictures of Rinko, her mother figure Mizuki Shiranui, and Shizuru Kousaka from the game Taimanin Yukikaze 2. NTR is a very strong possibility with so many bad ends that I've seen, but I had to know. I asked not Aqua without turning around afraid of her answer, "Is there a chance that I could get a bad end if I choose Taimanin Summoning?"


She shrugged her shoulders, "Who knows. The future is always in motion, but don't let your fears stop you from picking what you want."


I didn't say anything to that, but I decided to put Taimanin on the possible pile.


Deadman Cross is instantly out because if what I remember right it has zombies as summons. I'm not sure if I'm immune from getting infected nor do I have a cure if other people get infected. It would be interesting if I was going to play as a necromancer with all those creatures. 


I looked at not Aqua to ask a question and she spoke before I could, "No, you wouldn't be infected by the zombie virus, but anyone else will be."


"I see," I said slightly disappointed, but I ignored it. Maybe in another life, I can command legions of unique zombies to fight my battles for me.


I then focused on Age of Ishtaria and my mind came up blank. I don't remember much about it other than that I played it a long time ago and Arthur bathing with Mordred.


Yu-Gi-Oh should be the obvious choice since it has spell and trap cards like Mirror Force and monster reborn. Even so, my eyes kept moving back to the Taimanin Summoning. 


I clenched my fists feeling the stinging pain of my nails digging into my skin as I picked, "I decided to choose Taimanin Summoning."

"Of course," She pressed a button on the table before looking up at me, "Good luck with the tutorial. May you have a pleasant journey... Oh, before you go, there's no chance in hell of a bad end happening if you pay attention to them and give them plenty of your vitamin D." Not Aqua told me, giving me a smile.

I blinked a few times until I finally understood the message and I was about to fist pump in joy when everything turned black. I knew nothing else.

14