The Dungeon
380 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

June looked around trying to see if he could find anything different about this place, but everything so similar to what was in the game before, and he could not find the slightest difference.

There was a giant mountain with snowy peaks, and towards the lower half, you could see wooden support beams strutting out from the mountain as railroad tracks circled their way down the mountain.

There was one giant cave in the middle of the mountain, which was the entrance to the dungeon, and the railroad tracks were the path you were supposed to follow in order to enter it.

Micah was whistling as he waved his wand around twirling it in his hands, the five of them walking along the path towards the dungeon. In the game Rise of Kings, you could not teleport in areas claimed by the system like dungeons or farming spots.

"Could you stop waving your wand around! You almost hit me!" Alice said with a frown.

Micah smirked as he said, "All the men would love me to wave my wand in their face so pipe down missy."

"Too bad we are not at a gay bar, and we are instead about to enter a dungeon. Save your two inches for when you find someone who wants it!" Alice said with a sneer.

"I will have you know that I am more than two inches, although I do not find you attractive I will show it to you in order to prove it," Micah responded.

"Let's not Micah, I would prefer if we kept some semblance of propriety while we are not in our own territory. Save your exhibitionism for when you get your own place" June responded with a frown not wanting to see any other man's penis.

"Aww come on June, Don't knock it till you try it," Micah said with a pout.

"Yes, I say truly with Master. Keep thy disgusting corporal agent to yourself. Thou are naught able to decide if thou desire to be a man or a woman." Skylar responded looking at Micah with scornful eyes.

"Keep your old fashion ideals to yourself. I would love to see Master getting hot and steamy with another man!" drool began to subtly leak out of Aurelia's mouth.

"Thou are an angel! A Seraph! how may you act like such a slutty woman!" Skylar yelled towards her.

"Alright guys quiet down we are nearly there," June said as the entrance to the dungeon was just up ahead. He also did not want to hear any more of Aurelia's fantasies as they were giving him shivers.

Dungeons were usually made for 20 man teams, and most guilds did, in fact, max out the number of people they sent inside even then losing a lot of the time due to the difficulty of the dungeons. The fact that June was about to go into the dungeon with only five people was a testament to their power, and he was bringing five people this time because he was being cautious!

Stepping into the cave he saw the minecarts tipped over leaking out rocks, and heard the faint drip of water echoing throughout the cave.

"Where are all the mobs?" Micah said as he kicked a rock on the floor.

"This is very peculiar, this dungeon was called Carst Mine, and was supposed to have Duergar defending it," June said with a frown.

"Oh, I found one!" Aurelia said cheerfully and the rest of the group followed her eyes to find a dwarf pinned to one of the Stalactites hanging from the ceiling. Without a shadow of a doubt, it was dead and looked to be dead for a few hours.

June frowned as this all seemed fishy. 'Did the other Guilds already come back to defeat the dungeon?'

'Why would they come back this fast? They should be protecting their territory. And even if they did come back they would not be able to impale a Duergar onto a Stalactite that is fifteen meters in the air. Even I would not be able to do that without difficulty, Skylar can do it easily, but the other guilds do not have someone so powerful as far as I can remember.' June was lost in thought.

"Alright, let's proceed with caution. Take out your weapons we can't mess around anymore" June said as he had the feeling the other guilds were not the culprit.

Walking through the tunnels of the dungeon they began to see more and more evidence of a fight, well a massacre, as all the Duergar were brutally killed by something.

June looked on the wall and saw there were scratch marks slicing through the rock as if it were butter. The Duergar were gutted by whatever came through, and their armor was like paper as it was of no help at all.

As they continued to walk through the dungeon their chatting stopped because they knew the times for play and when it was time to be serious.

They were all on guard, some more than others, as Skylar and Aurelia were extremely confident of their abilities, and it was extremely hard to sneak up on them.

They began to hear clashing sounds echoing through the cave, and while this was not uncommon in the mines of dwarves this was different because it was not the sound of a hammer hitting anvil, it was the sound of battle.

Roars echoed through the cave and battle shouts were heard cut short the ringing of steel clashing together was evident.

June motioned the rest of his team and they began to try and locate the battle through the echos of the cave. It was normally easy to follow sounds as you just ran in the direction you heard them, but when inside a cave where the sounds repeatedly bounce off walls it may be very disorientating for someone who was not used to it.

June, however, was not a rookie, and quickly began to move through the tunnels finding his way towards the battle. It was hard to move due to the low ceilings at some point, causing them to end up crawling at points because of it.

"These stupid dwarves have no care for others! All they have to do is make the ceilings one or two feet higher, but they are too selfish, and now I'm crawling through dirt!" Micah complained as they were now all dirty.

"I agree, they got Master's clothes dirty, let's commit a genocide," Alice responded a cold aura coming off of her body.

"Shh they are just up ahead," June said as the sound of battle was heard from just ahead of them.

The five stood up from the ground and dusted themselves off as they came through the tunnel and into a big opening.

In this cave, they finally saw the battle that was unfolding inside the dungeon.

8