Chapter 5 – Spirit Power Test
91 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We've made it to Red Mountain Academy , kids. I'll take everyone to the academy's waiting area. To test your martial spirit, make sure to follow the teacher when they call your name. Help ensure you behave nicely and obey the spirit master's instructions when you test your martial spirits. "

"Okay, Aunt Li Mei!"

The kids listened to Li Mei's words and stood silently behind her as they waited.

Although it was early in the morning, the streets outside Red Mountain Academy were already crowded. There were parents who took their children to participate in the awakening of their children's martial spirits. All those children were around six years old. This is also the minimum age where they can awaken their martial spirits.

In the Sun-Moon Federation, taking part in the Spirit Awakening is not only expected of kids of the appropriate age but also a type of privilege. Even the lowest-rated spirit master can be a valuable resource for the Federation.

Parents were escorting their kids out of the academy as they stood at the gate. The majority of them had gloomy expressions and were filled with remorse. Most likely, their child had no innate soul power, making them incapable of continuing as a spirit master.

Of course, there were a few overjoyed parents who took their children out of the academy. Those children have most likely awakened a martial spirit in addition to innate spirit power, and their lives will change as a result. They will most likely attend a Spirit Master academy , where they will receive a completely different education from ordinary people, and their lives will change from then on.

Spirit Master academies, in contrast to regular schools, don't charge for tuition, and if you do well academically, you may also be eligible for a scholarship.

In addition, regardless of your age, if you were to surpass level 10 and become a spirit master, the Federation would provide you with a subsidy of 1,000 federal coins. This subsidy will rise to 10,000 federal coins for a spirit grandmaster, not to mention the numerous extra advantages and special treatment that can benefit your whole family.

Because of this, once a child with spirit power shows up, everyone will stare at them with envy. Every parent would like for their child to have the ability to become a spirit master, but this was obviously a delusion.

Two hours later, the sun has gotten much stronger and the kids' excitement has diminished significantly, but they are still waiting with anticipation as they gaze at the academy gate in the distance. and in the blink of an eye, two hours have passed.

A male teacher who seemed to be in his mid-twenties soon showed up, holding a register in his hand and pronouncing various names, among them Yao Xuan's companions.

"Tang Ning, Lin Jian, Zheng Hang..."

"Children, go ahead. I wish you the best of luck. "

Li Mei also said with a smile when she heard the teacher's words.

"Thank you, Auntie!"

A number of kids promptly rose to their feet and followed the teacher into the academy. They left dejectedly after about ten minutes.

Li Mei spoke while sighing slightly as she turned to face the kids who had come back.

"Children, don't be discouraged. It's normal to have no spirit power. Come on, let's talk about what your martial spirit is! "

"Shovel, my spirit is a shovel!"

"Mine's scissors!"

"Oh, my spirit is a wheelbarrow!"

...

The kids hurried to introduce their martial spirits to one another after hearing Li Mei's comments. The instructor from Red Mountain Academy emerged once more at that same time and said, "Yang Ya, Yao Xuan, Huang Yu..."

Yao Xuan and a number of other kids got up in response to the teacher's call and moved in his direction.

"Follow me, please."

After giving them a brief introduction, the teacher gazed at the kids in front of him before leading them into the academy.

Yao Xuan continued to scan the area as he made his way towards the academy. A sense of calm permeated the white-painted ceilings, which contrasted with the red walls' tidy, spacious appearance. They arrived at a domed building soon.

Before arriving at a domed teaching building, the teacher also stopped, turned around, and spoke to the children.

"Well, according to the order, let's go to the awakening room for martial spirit awakening first."

The kids were eager to enter the dome-shaped classroom as soon as they heard the teacher give the word.

Compared with the orphanage, this teaching building was undoubtedly much wider and taller. There were seven floors in total, and each floor had an awakening room for martial spirit awakening. Yao Xuan went to the awakening room on the second floor.

Different from the outside, on the floor, the walls, and on the roof of the awakening room were engraved with mysterious patterns , which made it look dazzling.

"The Spirit Guiding Array is incredible!"

Yao Xuan was surprised to notice that his body's spirit power began to flow more quickly after looking at those magic circles.

"Kid, hurry over here before you freeze over there."

A middle-aged guy in an orange robe with designs in the shapes of several spirit monsters stood in the centre of the awakening room.

He belonged to the Spirit Pagoda and was a spirit master.

"Sorry, Uncle, but I was totally mesmerised by those patterns."

The spirit master would have been a little irate since his time is so valuable if it had been a regular child who had behaved in this manner. But this spiritualist's tone had to soften when he stared at Yao Xuan.

Looking at Yao Xuan, the spirit master began to explain , and then said again with a gentle smile on his face.

"Oh, those are spirit guidance arrays. They are quite magical things. If  become a Spirit Master, you will have the opportunity to touch them. Now then, come, stand in the middle. "

"Okay, uncle."

Hearing the words of the spiritual master, Yao Xuan came to him as instructed and stood in a red circle on the ground.

"Stay calm, I'm about to start."

The spirit master gave an order after observing that Yao Xuan was prepared, after which he closed his eyes.

"It's finally about to start! It's quite exciting! "

Yao Xuan felt excited at this specific time. His heartbeat couldn't help but quicken at this very moment, despite the fact that he was aware of his innate soul strength thanks to the ability [Detective eye].

Along with the words spoken by the spiritual master, whose hand had lit up with a group of white lights, emitting a soft light.

"Is that spiritual power? It really is fascinating!"

The spiritual master then lifted his right hand and advanced it upward toward the dome's peak. His hand suddenly erupted into white light, which poured into the room's spirit-guided circle.

With the infusion of spirit power, a number of patterns began to illuminate the room, beginning at the ceiling and moving down the wall before converging in the red circle at Yao Xuan's feet.

Yao Xuan's feet began to shake as a warm energy seeped in from the bottoms of his feet. The scene before him got hazy. His body started to gently warm up as a burst of mysterious energy emerged from him.

0