“Scheming In The Shadows…”
132 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(POV- Neutral 5)

"Nephalem Eyes of Envy & Chastity..."

The members of Neutral 5 looked at the devastation caused in the sacred forest with complicated expressions on their faces.

“You guys…—Isabella exhaled quietly— “I’m sorry….”  Isabella paused for a second before continuing.

“Even with these special eyes of mine… I can’t see any future where we escape from here unscathed…” Isabella gritted her teeth in frustration, apologizing to be subordinates for her lack of strength, foresight, and courage.

Isabella then looked over at her subordinates before speaking, “Listen… Don’t make any sudden movements and whatever you do… Don’t piss him off anymore than he already is!” Isabella yelled loudly as sweat dripped down her forehead and a cold expression formed on her face.

Suddenly, Zefir’s eyes widened. “You’re right, Captain… His mana is truly something… I can’t sense his energy at all.” Zefir said with eyes full of curiosity and killing intent. 

Despite the massive difference in power between them, Zefir, The Vice-Captain stood completely unmoving in front of Khaos and tried to estimate his energy.

This was an impressive feat in itself, considering he was even being able to withstand Khaos’ powerful and chaotic aura.

But when Khaos looked down at Zefir, he could see there was still sweat dripping down his face showing the fear he was trying to hide.

“Woah… I can’t sense his energy either, Vice-Captain Zefir! His mana reserves must be immeasurable… Though, I wonder if he’ll be able to take a hybrid form to fight and communicate with bi-pedal species!” Moss said excitedly with an open-mouthed expression.

Moss is the 17 year old boy with green hair, wearing a black and green combat suit making his muscles stand out on his short body which was around 170 Cm.

Moss was very smart and cunning, being known as the intelligence gatherer for Neutral 5.

Moss wasn’t all that capable in physical combat, but he still wielded powerful 3rd-Tier magic spells that allowed him to hold his own against most beings in the world.

He also possessed extraordinary sensory powers that would always help them tremendously during their missions.

Moss was standing close to Camille with a nervous but stern expression on his face.

“M-Moss… You’re right about that… His power is making my entire body tremble!” Camille, the mature-sounding woman with brown hair and green eyes grabbed onto Moss’ arm with a blushed face after feeling the malicious energy.

Camille was the assassin of the group wearing an all-black kunoichi outfit with a mask that covered her mouth.

“I wonder how strong your physical strength is! I wanna spar with you one day, can we giant dragon?” Margaret, the girl with pink pig-tails standing closest to Khaos suddenly asked as she looked up at him with fear and a little bit of admiration in her pink eyes.——————————————————-————-

(POV-Neutral 5)

The sight of Demon Nobles being annihilated with one spell left a tragic imprint on their minds while ingraining fear into their very souls.

The members of Neutral 5 could sense the power coming from the dragon lord’s attacks and skills.

They eventually soon realized that the dragon lord wasn’t using any ordinary magic and were mesmerized at the way the dragon lord could fight his opponents in a dragon form so easily.

All the while, the massive 40-meter dragon kept coming up with skills and techniques on the fly as if he were only testing his power on the unfortunate opponent that stood in front of him.

None of them thought they’d be able to be his match because this was a sight they had never seen before.

Although far larger battles had occurred in the past, even on a cosmic level, their planet had been in an era of order and peace for over 50,000,000 Years.

Neutral 5, all young beings even by mortal standards, had never seen battles of these proportions before.

Even the dragons of the Royal Family never had battles of this nature… So is everything he said true?

Is Khaos truly the son of the Dragon Goddess Of Chaos? 

This one thought was the only thing on their minds as they started asking themselves many questions inside their heads. 

The members of Neutral 5 could barely process basic thoughts or information and didn’t have the words to describe what they were feeling at the moment.

Honestly, they just wanted to run away.

That's right... The members of the powerful neutral 5 wanted to escape quickly to tell the emperor everything that happened.

They even hoped that the emperor would inform other nations of this encounter so they could form a grand alliance with other nations to increase their chances of survival. 

This was only in incase the being in front of them thought that they weren't worthy of to be kept alive and decided to destroy them on sight without hesitation.

With that being said, the fear still instilled in them was already substantial enough to keep them docile.

They suddenly remembered the scene of the demon nobles getting obliterated as if they were nothing and the flashback made them quickly change their minds.

The members of Neutral 5 then decided to wait for what he had to say as suddenly, a deep and majestic voice woke them from their stupor.

(POV- Khaos)

"Humans… I’ve told you who I am… And after seeing but just a glimpse of my power… You must believe me now… Right?… Well… That's if you had any doubts before." Khaos stated as he gazed down at them with cold and indifferent eyes.

“Huh?! W-What even are you?!” Margaret asked coldly clearly annoyed by Khaos’ arrogance.

Margaret is a 20-year-old woman with long pink pig-tails, wearing a pink and black combat suit that compliments her petite body who was looking up at Khaos with unwavering but curious eyes.

"Huh? And who are you?" Khaos asked in a slightly amused voice as he looked down at Margaret with a blank expression on his face.

"My apologies… Please Forgive my subordinate for her disrespect, mighty dragon lord…" Isabella chopped Margaret’s head with her hand as she bowed slightly and hurriedly asked for Khaos' forgiveness on her subordinates’ behalf.

“O-OWWW! What was that for, Captain Isabella?!” Margaret yelled out grabbing her hand in pain as a small knot formed on her head momentarily like a cartoon.

“I told you not to anger him… Didn't I?!” Isabella scolded Margaret quietly like a mother would their child but didn’t think that Khaos could hear her.

"Forgive her for what?" Khaos asked in a confused tone as Neutral 5 looked on guard and started grasping at their swords.

“Tsk…” The members of Neutral 5 seemed like they were ready to pull their swords out of their sheaths at a moment's notice, but then Isabella waved her hand at them making them finally back down.

"Great Dragon Lord Khaos…" Isabella said softly.

"I’m grateful that you slayed that arrogant demon noble earlier…You may have not wanted to… But you’ve just saved my subordinate's lives and our entire nation!"

The truth is… We would’ve lost a lot of good soldiers in an all-out battle against him since our victory was never guaranteed…  So… On the behalf of my party and The Araezia Empire, I’m truly thankful for your assistance.” Isabella slightly bowed with a defeated voice as she looked down at the blood that was splattered all over the ground.

“Well… You’re welcome for that I guess.” Khaos quickly responded to Isabella’s gratitude.

“I’m sorry and I’m not assuming anything by this… But if you don't mind me asking…”. Isabella spoke quickly trying to get any information that could be useful to her in the future.

“What are you doing here in a human continent? Especially the Araezia Empire of all places?…"

"You know that dragons are discriminated against here right?" Isabella asked him in a slightly softer tone than before, catching Khaos by surprise.

“Araezia Empire?" 

"Also… I didn’t know dragons were discriminated against here, but that’s useful to know…"

"Anyways… Everything that happened here today is only a preview of what's to come… And what was that you called me again?“ Khaos asked with an amused voice.

“Mighty Dragon lord?” Isabella replied quickly.

“Right… A mighty dragon lord, huh? This is only my first evolution… I’ll grow much stronger than this shortly.” Khaos added quickly trying to spook them out a bit.

Khaos thought that he was exaggerating but in reality, this statement wasn't far from the truth.

“…” The members of Neutral 5 were left speechless as looked up at Khaos and waited for him to finish.

“I know…” Khaos gazed down at Neutral 5 and increased his aura causing shockwaves to inflict damage on their bodies and mana. 

“You may be asking yourselves… The reason I'm telling you this…" Khaos asked softly making them look up at him with wide eyes, looks of anticipation, and even a slight expectation.

“Well… You’ve probably already guessed it… I need something from you all.” Khaos finished speaking but felt the atmosphere change as the adventurer's mana started to rise and looks of fear formed on their faces.

“Don’t worry… I have no wish to kill you right now.” Khaos reassured them while trying to make his move to acquire information and an army from the slaves from the empire.

"Killing you would be useless to me… But I trust that you won’t do anything stupid to endanger all the innocent lives in the nation you protect… Or am I wrong?" Khaos asked coldly making them visibly shiver.

“You?! A being with such destructive mana! Needs something of such importance from us?! There’s no way it’ll be anything good…” Zefir yelled out and sighed quietly.

Zefir then looked up at Khaos and started increasing his aura as sand started to manifest around his entire body acting as armor while a mask made of sand appeared on his face.

“Wait! Vice-Captain Zefir!” Camille quickly yelled out with a concerned voice getting the attention of her party.

“We can’t be too trusting, Camille… I know how you feel, but this dragon is different from the rest… You knew that already though, didn’t you?” Zefir questioned and looked at Camille with a deadly glare but in reality, he only wanted to protect his family.

“His energy may be malicious, but so is ours when compared to other humans… I know he’s even a bit arrogant… Probably because of the immeasurable power of his race… But at least he’s somewhat fair, and not a war-crazed blockhead like Margaret over here!” Camille looked at the girl in front of her as she smirked at Margaret making her giggle lightly.

“If we don’t defeat him then we’ll have no choice but to report it to Emperor William-Sama…" Moss said quietly.

"Well… That’s only if we manage to escape alive…. This outcome was truly unexpected… Even with the power of captains clairvoyant foresight, we never could’ve seen this coming…” Moss said with a small hint of disappointment and sadness in his voice.

“Report this to who?" Khaos asked with a sinister voice. 

"Do you want to see your nation toppled and watch while the citizens are eaten alive? That’s what will happen if you try that, you damn moss head!” Khaos’ words only reminded them of their true identities.

These words made them cease any abrupt actions they may have planned on taking against him.

Margaret, Camille, and Moss almost passed out and soiled themselves from the sheer shock of what the dragon just said. 

It also felt as if he had read their minds just now…

Neutral 5 knew that they needed to make a quick escape and make their way back to the empire immediately.

They hoped that after informing the emperor, he would start sending delegates to other nations.

Neutral 5 would suggest forming alliances with the 21 nations that created ‘The Celestial Government of World Sovereignty’ in case Khaos came to attack them in the future.

In the end, Khaos had already seen right through everything and it seemed there was nothing they could do now. 

There was only one option now…

They had to agree with everything he said and hope for the best possible outcome.

Khaos looked at the humans in front of him with an evil sneer, "Humans… Would you like to become my servants? 

This is a one-time offer and you’re only mission would be to remain here and spy on other human nations like you normally would…

Hmm… What do you say? 

I might even be able to assist you all in any revenge you wanna take, or endeavors you may have… 

Well… If I'm pleased with your work that is…“

Khaos was once human, so he already knew what they were thinking.

'It's too obvious… If a human country knows they have an enemy they won't be able to deal with… They’ll make allies that fear the same enemy and hope they’ll be able to increase their chances of survival with numbers…’

‘But… There’s one problem when you form large-scale alliances with others… The cohesion and co-operation of the allied nations will almost always lack the teamwork-attitude needed to survive long wars.’

'Therefore… I'll take this opportunity to tell them my name and use their greed to my advantage…' Khaos smiled and laughed sinisterly inside of his head because all of his plans were now coming to fruition.

He didn’t go out of his way to help humans for no reason.

He knew that helping the adventurers kill the demon nobles came with plenty of severe risks but came with even greater rewards if he were to succeed.

First, he knew that revealing his existence to an adventuring group that held significant power and authority in one of the human empires would allow him to pull some strings in the shadows.

Was Khaos worried about Neutral 5’s betrayal? 

It’s obvious… Of course, he was… But he knew that if a country came looking to subjugate him or had information of his identity, it could automatically be traced back to these 5 adventurers from The Araezia Empire. 

Khaos would then do whatever was necessary to bring destruction to their Empire and make them regret ever betraying him.

Though he wanted to make one thing clear to them. 

Khaos wanted them to know he wouldn't just destroy them without reason. 

But after what they witnessed today, it was unlikely they’d believe him anyways. 

Khaos also knew that he needed their help with information about the world, so he asked them another question. "Tell me your names, humans…" 

“Aye! Me first! M-My name is Margaret Subaki… I'm the combat specialist of Neutral 5!" The first one to speak was the woman with pink pig-tails in her hair as they bounced up and down when she threw up the peace sign. 

“Hoh… I see…” Khaos only nodded once. 

Khaos didn't have much interest in any of the adventurers besides Isabella so he didn't notice their appearances at first. 

Margaret, The combat specialist of Neutral 5, had a lean and built physique hidden under her purple and black combat suit. 

She had very high cheekbones, ruby red lips, and long vermillion hair that came down to her mid-back as she stood around 165 Cm tall. 

Margaret also had a ripped body with defined muscles and even had a six-pack. 

Though what stood out to her most, was her E-cup breast that was being hugged tightly by her tight and flexible combat suit. 

“Your majesty… My name is Zefir and I'm an S-Rank adventurer. I’m also the vice-captain of this rugged group of cast-offs…" Zefir slightly chuckled and then forced himself to bow to Khaos as he nodded in affirmation.  

Zefir on the other hand was a tall man with a shredded body that showcased every defined muscle. 

Zefir had tan skin with long black dreadlocks that were tied back in a red and black headband.

On his long brown kimono, two golden dragons were stitched on each side.

Underneath his kimono, he had on black combat pants and on his feet, he wore black sandals with long laces that stopped right before his calves. 

Zefir looked like he had the perfect build for combat, standing around 200 Cm tall with long limbs and broad shoulders. 

Zefir also possessed superhuman physical strength, speed, durability, and thought processing. 

He even boasted a very low body fat percentage while even possessing a greater element and wielding 4th-Tier spells. 

On Zefir's back, he carried a long silver sword with a brown hilt 9n a sheath which seemed to hold an aura that was light brown and started giving off energy fluctuations.

For some reason, Khaos felt that this aura wasn't necessarily sinister in energy. 

At the same time, it wasn't divine either though, but it did seem like it could be a greater element. 

Khaos figured the man who wore such a stylish outfit and possessed such immense mana levels which rivaled even the Fire Wyvern King, must've been someone important and powerful. 

Because to possess such items must've taken the work of a legendary blacksmith to forge such powerful weaponry. 

The second one to speak was a woman that looked like she was also in her mid 20's.

 She had long brown hair that came down to her mid-back and green eyes that glimmered in the sun. 

She wore a black and purple kunoichi outfit with designs of strange lightning patterns on it and it fit her slender body perfectly. 

Her weapons of choice were multiple different deadly poison-dipped kunai that she carried on her hip and had extras in her soul dimension. 

Khaos then looked at the other 2 adventurers and nodded for them to come forward and state their names as well. 

Next was a green-haired teenage boy that was dressed in a combat suit as well.  

He had green emerald eyes and a scar on his left cheek. 

He was wielding a short blue dagger on his hip and although powerful, it didn't seem like it was of the same quality as Zefir’s or Isabella’s.

 The green-haired boy only looked a bit younger than Zefir, but his build and stature wasn't defined making him resemble a kid.

 He then spoke in a confident and fearless voice which Khaos wasn't expecting "Your Highness… My name is Moss Veyron… It's a pleasure meeting you!" He slightly bowed as well like he was of the nobility. 

The last one to speak had a dark cloak over her head, and Chaos couldn't see her face. 

She must've felt him looking at her as she unveiled her cloak, only to reveal one of the most beautiful faces Khaos had ever seen.

 The woman in front of him, looked like a divine goddess as the wind blew her jet-black hair out of her face and onto her shoulders. 

Her long jet-black hair flowed with the breeze and those purple eyes looked as if they were their own galaxies. 

The woman then stared up at Khaos with fear and a slight admiration then spoke up and said in a respectful voice. 'Your majesty… It is a pleasure meeting you. My name is Isabella Envy… I'm the Captain of Neutral 5 and an S-Rank adventurer in The Araezia Empire. I thank you for your assistance today!” Isabella thanked Khaos enthusiastically before bowing to him as well which shocked her subordinates.

Isabella's red and black combat suit started to glow brightly.

Her combat suit was made of one of the strongest magic materials in the world and then even further enhanced with her own magic.

 Khaos felt the stunning purple eyes fixated on him and looking back at her, it was as if he were peering at the stars themselves. 

“Fufu~” Isabella must've seen the surprised look on Khaos’ face as she blushed and looked away. 

Khaos was confused though, does she not see that he's a dragon? 

Isabella looked up at Khaos and after she said her name in the most gentle and alluring voice he's ever heard. 

For him, it was hard to believe she was even a human, or was she? 

Khaos also had a feeling there was something special about this woman and that may have been fate making them cross paths.

“Listen… I know how arrogant and stubborn you humans can be when faced with beings you nothing about…Even then… I won’t be disrespected by any human in this world regardless of my present strength." Khaos said in a formal voice making the members of Neutral 5 look up at him with tense expressions.

Sensing their nervousness, Khaos proceeded to tell them that nothing would happen to them as long as they didn’t betray his trust.

“Just make sure you guys don't ever forget that… Also… Be sure that when you guys scurry back to the emperor, you tell him every event that happened here today in vivid detail…

But remember… I don’t want you to reveal my existence at the moment… 

You said the monster sovereigns are known as the strongest beings in this forest right? 

Blame it on them for now, it will buy me some time.”

“…” The members of Neutral 5 had sweat dripping down their faces as Khaos spoke and they now knew the gravity of the situation they were in.

“Well… Now that we've established that… How about taking me to first rescue the slaves in the empire… Then I want you to take me to the ancient ruins you’ve found..." Khaos said as he raised his giant neck to look toward Neutral 5 with a devilish grin on his face.

The 5 adventurers weren’t surprised that the dragon lord knew about dungeons or labyrinths but how did he know about the ancient ruins?

The members of Neutral 5 were a little conflicted about serving under a dragon, which were discriminated against in this world, but they also didn’t see a problem with this offer since they always itching for battle and were known to be neutral mortals.

Neural mortals were usually humans that fought against both humans and monsters.

 They didn’t necessarily fight to protect humans but also wouldn’t punish them for killing monsters as they did the same.

The members of Neutral 5 immediately nodded as the leader Isabella suddenly asked with a slight fear and hesitation in her voice.“Your majesty, Khaos-Sama…  We will hereby serve under you for the debt we owe you… 

But please allow my subordinates to rest for now…

I will personally take you to the slave camps and ancient ruins myself.” Isabella interjected quickly trying to get on Khaos’ good side by helping him save the slaves and acquire more power.

“That request is understandable… Don’t forget our agreement though humans… If you betray me I’ll kill you and everyone you love…” Khaos said in a monotone voice, telling Isabella and the member of Neutral 5 that it was fine.

“Moss was it?” Khaos suddenly asked making everyone look at him.

“Y-Yes, Dragon Lord Khaos-Sama!!!” Moss responded nervously.

“The question you asked earlier is something I’ve never thought of before… It’s interesting though, a hybrid form… Well anyways… It's not like I'd care to take a form like that… I'd only use it when necessary.” Khaos told Moss his opinion of a bi-pedal form

“I-I see… I was just wondering how increasing mobility, dexterity, and coordination would help you in battles against bi-pedal species.”

“That’s actually not bad, moss head… Thanks for the advice.” Khaos said jokingly getting a small smirk from Moss.

Khaos’ face then turned serious as he flew into the sky using his wings and looked down at Neutral 5 before speaking.

“Now… Isabella… I want you to take me to the slave camps first… The rest of you… Inform the emperor of Isabella's kidnapping by assassins from the demon army… We may be gone for awhile, so you can even tell him she has been used as the vessel for Lucifer’s revival from the eternal hitsugi.” Khaos gave his orders to Neutral 5 in a deep and commanding voice. 

“It will be as you command, Khaos-Sama!” The members of Neutral 5 responded while slightly trembling from Khaos’ orders, although their fear wasn’t nearly like before since they’d now become his subordinates.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0