An Encounter
766 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

_____________________________________________

[▪︎10th March 2003▪︎]

[▪︎Outer Space, Sol System▪︎]

|Prime, there are more coming!|

Tech Jacket's anxious voice from the earpiece tickles my ear as he destroys another spacecraft with an energy beam from his palm.

Currently, I'm holding my breath in space, clothed in my superhero suit, a few kilometers away from the moon.

In front of me, hundreds of meters away, thousands of truck-sized jet-like spacecrafts flow out of the sides of a black humongous spaceship—the Mothership.

The Mothership is large enough to fit four cruisers inside and its surface is streaming with white electronic lines that shine. ominously—the sheer size alone makes everything look bleak.

Just what I needed today—an Alien invasion.

|Jacket, take the left and I'll cover your right. Use everything you can.|

I command softly as I glide sideways and dodge a plasma beam. It shatters a nearby large meteorite to bits.

|Copy that.|

He responds and blasts toward the swarm, in the left direction.

Seeing him move, I swiftly move through the starry expanse towards them, maneuvering th through numerous space debris.

As I almost reach them, I extend my influence over tens of large meteorites and hurl them toward the spacecrafts, destroying them in a shower of bright explosions.

With a thought, a shield pops up in front of me, blocking the fast and dangerous beams as I reach them.

I stop right in front of them as they wave around through the void all around me, impacting my protective bubble with their attacks—unable to damage my body.

Locking my senses on them, I stretch both of my hands and wave them toward each other.

Almost instantaneously, all the crafts move forcefully and collide with each other and explode in an inferno of fire and metal, covering my view optic view.

I move through the inferno and arrive outside its influence. My gaze shifts to the left and I see Tech Jacket overwhelmed with numbers but still destroying them with minimal effort.

Suddenly, a bone-chilling feeling envelopes me, and then with wide eyes as my eyes turn back, my perception automatically slows to a crawl and in front of me, a largely concentrated laser beam is just one foot away from impacting my chest.

Immediately, I conjure a proportionate portal in the beam's path.

The beam passes through it and the portal closes as another one forms right on top of the Mothership. The beam travels from it and impacts the top of its surface.

The ship trembles as the place of impact together with some parts of it explode in flames and the glowing lights start to glow red.

Fuck, that was close. They almost got me, I didn't even notice the beam charging or forming. 

From the looks of it, they aren't part of the Viltrumite Empire. Are they part of the Coalition or another foreign Empire? If so then this is perfect for me.

With the thought in mind, I unfurl my [Hyper-Awareness] to envelop every part of the ship. After getting what I need, I manifest a portal and fly through it.

I appear inside the main bridge of the Mothership—right in the middle—and before the inhabitants can react, I take hold of their minds using [Mind Manipulation].

The cockpit is large and wide, as wide as a soccer field and it has a high ceiling. It is painted bluish-silver with intricate technological patterns all over the wall, ceiling, and floor.

All around are futuristic black hovering chairs in front of rectangular or square sleek long devices that project detailed holograms, that run along the sides of the room.

Right in front, there is a wide and long transparent screen that shows the distant figure of Earth and the Moon together with a close-up view of Jacket's situation.

Seated on the chairs are blue humanoid aliens that look almost identical to humans. Most of them have some sort of helmet on.

The difference is that all of them have red long hair on their heads with no facial or body hair, a pair of sizable blue antennae on their foreheads, and black pupilless eyes. 

Smiling, I extract all the important pieces of information from all their minds and then erase and code some special commands into their consciousness.

After, I create a portal and leave the bridge and appear near Tech Jacket.

Without wasting time, I stretch my hand toward the remaining swarm and clench it tightly. All of them explode instantaneously.

|Hah~ Thanks, man.|

He breathes gratefully and drifts close to me.

|No worries.|

I reply with a smile.

He nods and turns to look behind and exclaims quickly as he points.

|Shit! Prime look, they ar——sigh, nevermind they are gone.|

I turn just back, there's no sign of the Mothership anywhere. They're in Hyperspace now.

|It doesn't matter, the mission is complete. It was great working with you, keep it up. I'll see you later.|

I say with a smile and pat his shoulders softly.

|Me too Sir.|

He nods fervently and happily. 

I smile and turn and with a thought, a portal forms.

Just as I'm just about to pass through, he calls.

|Sir Prime! Just so you know, I'm your biggest fan Sir!|

|I'm glad you are. See you later Kid.|

I turn to flash him a smile and a wave, then I pass through and arrive inside a large futuristic laboratory painted in metallic blue colors.

This is my laboratory. It's on the last but one floor of a skyscraper called the Prime Tower— a tower I own— but I only use the last five floors and the rooftop. The rest are being rented by some companies.

"Seraph, have you been able to analyze the kid's power suit?"

I ask as I pass by rows of futuristic workstations and arrive in front of a large circular glowing table that is projecting an extremely detailed and clear holographic screen.

|No, not exactly. The nanobots were unable to infiltrate the suit since when they tried, the suit emitted a faint electromagnetic pulse that made them short-circuit. I was able to get a basic outline though so I can create a working model.|

Seraph says and then, the screen morphs into a realistic three-dimensional model of the suit, fully labeled.

"That's incredible but don't worry, I already know all about it from the kid's mind. I will use the mind-imager to transfer you the specifics so that you can start dissecting it and create a new variant to suit my needs."

I say as I wave and twirl the model around, deep in my thoughts.

Tech Jacket is a bio-power suit that enhances the user's overall capabilities exponentially, depending on how strong the user's body naturally is.

It was developed by the Geldarians, a race of green-skinned humanoids with weak bodies. 

Nature compensated their weak bodies with highly intelligent minds that enabled them to develop a suit of armor that will remove their weakness and make them a force to be reckoned with.

A Geldarian gets one at birth and it stays with him/her until death. It is the trump card and sacred item of the race but due to luck, Zack Thompson got one.

The circumstance was just like Green Lanterns'. Basically, a kind dying Alien gave his Tech Jacket to Zack to protect him from an explosion.

An average Geldarian is augmented a hundred times using the suit but when Zack uses it, it's more than a thousand times.

The power boost works using the user's physique. Simply, the augmentation is directly proportional to the user's physique or strength.

Going by this logic, if I, someone with superhuman physical capabilities wear it, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that I will be tens of thousand times stronger. 

If I manage to get a hold of one and tweak it a little, it will be the best piece of armor for me. 

Sadly, the Geldarians are now part of the Coalition of Planets and from Nolan's memories, their home planet has been destroyed. Zack doesn't even know.

Not even Nolan or Zack know where it is so I guess I'll have to wait till something comes up. 

I have all the time in the world so it's not really a priority. 

The important thing now is that after a long time of waiting, I've finally gotten a technological race not part of the coalition or the Empire. 

An Empire ripe for the taken.

Thinking of this, a dark smile draws on my face and I ask.

"Are the [Takers] ready?"

|Yes, they are. You can deploy them anytime you want.|

She answers.

"Good, deploy all the ones ready. It's time to start the operation."

I reply and move to stand in front of the clear floor-to-ceiling windows, and admire the busy and beautiful city of Los Angeles below.

It's high time I conquered something.

•☆•

Check out Patreo.n/KingSeyer to read ahead.

17