Flaxans[1]
627 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

_____________________________________________

[▪︎19th March 2003▪︎]

Turning around—right after the call ends—my eyes set on a holographic screen projected in the air.

On it is a live feed of a particular part of the Saudi Desert. 

The once bright red sandy expanse is now littered with aliens and advanced aerial vehicles that are still pouring out of a very wide pinkish portal.

The aliens are green-skinned humanoids that have the same features as humans but with ugly faces and horn-like tentacles fixed on their oval heads. 

All of them are wearing white and blue fitting combat suits and in their arms are black rectangular advanced rifles—rifles probably particle or laser beam emitters.

Cruel smiles are marred on their faces as they advance and judging by the way they're moving together with their vehicles, it won't be long till they reach civilization.

...There's something about the way they are moving. It's almost as if they are racing against time...this should be interesting.

Smiling, I conjure a portal, walkthrough, and instantly appear on a tall dune a few kilometers away from the aliens—the dune is facing them.

<Whoosh!>

A large gust of wind blows the sand away as Omni-man and Invincible—in his full body skin-tight orange and black suit, a pair of white contact lenses with the top of the suit hallowed out to allow his curly hair to be seen—stop and hover next to me.

"What's the situation Prime?"

Omni-man asks with a frown on his face.

"Just like you, I just got here. From the looks of it, they are in a hurry to meet civilization—probably to conquer—so all we have to do is prevent that from happening and send them back home through that portal."

I answer without looking at his face, my eyes still on the increasing and advancing army.

"Sounds simple enough. Let's divide and conquer. Invincible and I will take the skies and rid it of their jets and you take care of the ground army, do you agree?"

Omni-man suggests calmly as he tenses his abdominal muscles and Invincible sends me a friendly wave.

"Just like old times huh? I'm cool with that."

I smile and he smirks in return and turns to the over-eager Mark beside him.

"Let's go Invincible."

He says and immediately blasts off toward the alien's hovercraft. Invincible smiles foolishly and follows.

I guess it's my turn.

My smile disappears as my feet leave the surface of the dune and the next moment, I dash through the air toward them.

<Boom!> <Boom!>

Fiery explosions echo all over as Invincible and his dad start doing their parts in the sky, making scraps of flaming pieces of metal pour down from the sky.

As they see my figure, the aliens aim and start spewing plasma beams from their weapons toward my figure. 

Without dodging, and taking on the attacks, I stop near their position and stretch out my arms to the sides as fear and confusion mark the faces of the soldiers upon noticing my unharmed body.

Exerting my Psychokinetic influence on my surroundings, the winds surge violently and sweep off the sand all around—partially blinding the army.

With a wave of both my hands, the wind currents instantly churn, howl, and morph into two gigantic and fearsome reddish sandstorms that drive toward the army.

Screams and cries of agony sound as the sandstorms pierce into their ranks and carry large numbers of soldiers around its swirling mass.

It doesn't stop moving and continues to cut through their formation, dancing around in different directions, and adding more aliens as it moves—destroying their formation.

After five minutes, it does down, and the aliens and the aliens with it onto the ground—more or less unconscious.

A cruel smile draws across my lips as I peer down at the more or less destroyed army and the terrified faces of the survivors.

Up in the sky, the vehicles continue shooting Omni-man and Invincible with their particle beam cannons as they drift and wave across the sky.

The father and son duo tank the attacks at very high speeds, and like human spears, blast through them with ease, making more parts rain down onto the desert.

Further demoralizing the army as they take in all this with shock and paralyzing fear.

Some of them snap out of their reverie and immediately start another round of blasting from their position but like before, it does not harm me—only tickling for a few seconds.

As they continue their futile attacks, I calmly stretch my left hand towards them and manipulate the air around me.

Small chaotic balls of condensed air pop up around me—occupying my sides—and with a downward wave of my hand, they all dash towards the increasingly frightening army.

<Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!...>

Upon impact, they explode violently, blowing and hurling the large groups of the army away as some of them try to dodge but to no avail.

<Bang!>

Suddenly, Omni-man descends heavily onto the ground with his fist, sending large cracks that extend toward them into a ravine.

They scream and try to escape but a vast majority plunge into the abyss-like hole as Invincible destroys the last of the jets.

Glancing at us and the hopefully unconscious and bleeding bodies scattered across the sand, one of them shouts in a shrill-like language, and immediately, like horrified kids, the remaining army scurries back into the portal.

I turn and glance at Omni-man's face. His eyes are narrowed and his eyebrows are squinted in a serious manner, silently watching the almost endless stream about to disappear from Earth.

A cruel light flashes across his eyes and without looking at me, he says:

"I'll be back soon."

Then, with a small boom, he disappears and enters the portal together with the last alien.

...Sigh, I kinda feel sorry for them now.

"Dad wait!"

Invincible shouts anxiously with a stretched hand just as the portal closes, leaving the two of us alone in a quiet desert filled with bodies, a sizable deep ravine, and machine parts.

"Don't worry, your father will be alright. He's just going to peacefully warn them not to invade again. He told me he'll be back soon so don't sweat it and go grab yourself a burger or something."

I pat his droopy shoulders and comfort him warmly—his head lowered with his fists clenched.

...The lies we tell the sons of our colleagues to make them sleep well at night. It's sad how no one knows about my heroic efforts, sigh...

"...What about this?"

His face brightens slightly as he raises his head and gestures to our surroundings.

"Oh, that? Don't worry, I'll take care of it. You just go back home and wait for him, I'm he will be back for dinner."

I smirk playfully and he smiles and nods his head.

"Thanks, Prime. I'll see you later."

He waves me goodbye and soars into the sky.

The moment his figure disappears into the distance, I walk slowly toward the somewhat middle of the damage.

The moment I stop, all of the aliens start aging rapidly—decades worth—and with some groans and grunts from the conscious ones, their bodies start shriveling.

A confused frown draws on my face as I notice this phenomenon but ignore it and immediately spread my senses.

Then, I dive right into their minds—extracting loads of information—and immediately, my confusion clears and in its place, pure fascination.

I see, everything makes sense now. The urgency, the aggression, and the fear, all add up. This is amazing. 

This changes everything—well almost—and seems like I have some work to do and plans to adjust.

My eyes shift onto their groaning figures one last time and with a happy grin on my face, I create a portal and enter to appear inside my lab.

"Seraph, tell inform Cecil that I've got a fever and that I won't be around for close to a week. Tell Holly and Crys that I'm checking out a dimension, you know, the usual. Oh and lastly, give me a heads up if Omni-man is sighted on Earth."

I command softly with an excited smile.

|...Your excuses are getting sloppy. Cecil's not going to buy that.|

She replies.

"Meh, who cares. This is way more important than even this shitty planet."

I shrug.

|It's been a while since I've seen you this excited, this should be interesting. Very well, I'll polish your excuse and relay your message to the girls. Now, tell me what's going on.|

She says with a voice laced in laced with curiosity.

"Where should I even start..."

•☆•☆•

[▪︎Capital Xylia, Planet Xyria▪︎]

|These are the troops you asked for. Are you sure, they'll be enough?|

Seraph asks as I gaze upon the thousands of battle-ready Xyrians clad in their nano suits standing in rows in this incredibly wide and large silver-painted warehouse.

Hovering around them are highly advanced weapons and at the back, hundreds of oval-shaped containers—the size of two trailers—are floating silently.

"Of course, this is even more than enough. Knowing Omni-man, I'm not expecting a warm welcome from the natives."

I chuckle calmly, my gaze still on the marching Xyrians entering the portal.

Just a few hours ago, Omni-man was sighted at his home with no harm. This means that he's done with what he planned to do to them.

Indirectly, he has helped me a lot. Because now, based on my conjectures, I probably won't have to lift a finger to subjugate the Flaxans...I hope?

Anyways, he's made my job way more easier and it's time to do what I came here to do.

As the last Xyrian enters the portal, I float and follow right behind her and enter.

The moment, my feet touch the ground and my eyes flit around, only one word comes out of my mouth.

"Wow."

•☆• 

Patreo.n/KingSeyer to read ahead.

See you guys next week. Thank you for reading:)

14