Moving Out
265 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

______________________________________________ 

[▪︎21st July 2003▪︎]

[▪︎Boston, Massachusetts▪︎]

"...Scandalous...Scandalous..."

"...She so scandalous... she so scandalous..."

Humming to the tune while tapping my thigh with my fingers—synchronizing with the beat—the cab pulls up beside a particular house.

"...Yo, where you going!?..."

The driver asks, his voice a little raised as I open the door and step out.

<Ding!>

He opens the door to step out but before his foot can even touch the ground, his phone rings violently with a notification.

"Keep the change..."

I whisper with a smile as I bang the door and take a step forward while the driver's face looks drained of blood, staring aghast at his phone with trembling fingers.

Leaving him behind, I slide my hands into my pockets and slowly stride towards a particular two-story house a few meters ahead of me, beside the cobbled sidewalk.

Today, as I was in the base, Eve called me. She's ready to move out on her Heroic journey and she wants me to accompany her.

As her leal boyfriend, how can I refuse? So here I am, in a little baggy dark violet t-shirt with black pants and black Vans. 

Funny enough, this is the first time I've taken a cab ever since I got here. The things we do for love...

Chuckling, I wave to some staring passersby and in no time, I reach the fence of the modest orange-colored two-story house and stop to look at its white door.

I walk to the door and knock gently. 

Within seconds, the door creaks open and someone answers.

"Hello, please who is this?"

A pretty fat middle-aged woman of moderate height, long wavy blonde hair, a good figure emphasized by her blue tight jeans with her flat belly and impressive rack highlighted by her sea blue shirt.

Betsy Wilkins, Eve's adoptive mother. Still pretty and f––no, I'm a changed man.

"Hi, I'm Virgil, Eve's friend. Is she around?"

I introduce myself and ask politely with a bright smile.

Mesmerized, she stares at me for a couple of seconds before she snaps out of it.

"...E-Eve? Yes, Eve...wait a second."

She smiles awkwardly and turns her head in the direction of the beautifully decorated living room.

"...Samant——"

"...Yes go! Pretend as if you don't have a family and leave to GOD knows where!"

"...Oh please, we've been over this. Don't start this now. I'll see you anytime I'm around, goodbye!"

She tries to call but shouting from the lovely home interrupts her as Eve who is wearing a black crop top and brown baggy trousers walks towards the door with a small frown on her beautiful face.

As she approaches, her eyes shimmer in surprise the moment they fall on me and almost immediately, a bright smile creeps on her face.

"V? Thank GOD you're here. This could be the most perfect timing."

She says as she passes by her mom and pulls me into a hug. As her sweet scent flies into my nostril, I make eye contact with her mother who is busily smiling happily watching our interaction.

"Yeah, I was just acquainting myself with your lovely mother here. I now see where you get your looks and personality from."

I comment offhandedly with a smile as we separate, making her narrow her eyes at me in mock anger while behind her with her hand shielding her lips, her mom just smiles and chuckles.

"...That's so sweet of you, thank you. Well Sama—Eve, it looks like you've got yourself a keeper this time."

She remarks warmly—looking at me—and Eve's eyebrows furrow, seemingly annoyed at the smug face I'm showing her.

"...I heard some uh, noises the back. How is he taking it?"

She pauses and asks seriously, glancing behind her as her sunny smile morphs into a worried one, her small eyes locked into Eve's.

"...You know how he is, he can be as stubborn as a bull if he wills to. He still isn't cool with it but I've already made up my mind. I'm glad you're such an understanding mom, I love you so much."

Eve rolls her eyes and says warmly with a smile and moves towards her mother with outstretched arms. Smiling, her mother accepts and they lock into a heartwarming hug.

"...I'll miss you, Samantha. I know you are a big girl now but please take care of yourself...for me."

They pull their faces apart and her mother whispers lovingly, her eyes a little moist as she holds Eve's cheeks with her soft palms.

"Don't worry mom, you can trust me. And if there's anything, I have this bad boy to sort me out."

She replies fondly as she turns her head slightly to look at me with a cheeky smile that I reciprocate, confusing her mother.

"...Okay, I trust you. I don't want to delay you, it's a long trip where you're headed so I'll keep this short since I don't want to embarrass you by crying in front of your friend.

" I just want you to know that I love you and that no matter what, I'll always support you. Take care of yourself and show the world what you can do. Make your mother proud honey."

She adds confidently and lowers Eve's head to place a gentle kiss on her forehead, bringing a satisfied and joyful smile to Eve's face, tearing up but she wipes it off as they separate.

"I promise to pop by once in a while to visit. Tell Dad, I love him and that I'll miss him too. Goodbye, mom."

She sniffles, smiling as she moves away from her mother to my side.

"Goodbye, Samantha...stay safe."

Her mother waves to her as she also wipes the little formed tears with her arm.

Eve grabs my arm and immediately both of our feet leave the ground as we take it to the sky, surprising her mother as I wave to her with a smile.

Eyes widened and mouth slightly open, she waves robotically with a dazed look on her face while watching us ascend higher and higher into the sky, the friendly and quiet neighborhood seemingly fading as we go up.

"...Are you sure you're ready?"

I ask softly with apparent care, hovering in front of her below the swimming white clouds as the gentle chilly winds refresh us, her green eyes reddening slightly as she looks below at the distant image of her house.

"...Yeah, of course. I just didn't think it'll be this hard, after all, that's the only place I've stayed all my life, and separating myself from them feels like...."

"...Feels like you're cutting a piece of your very being away from yourself. Yeah, I get that. It's perfectly normal, besides, it shows just how much you care for them. 

"That's why I'm always going to be at your beck and call. Whenever you need someone to talk to I'll be there, whenever you need someone to hold you I'll be there, whenever you feel empty and or you need anything at all just remember that I'm just a portal away from you."

I say lovingly with a charming smile as I drift to her face, caressing her beautiful cheeks softly as she holds them.

"...Thanks a lot for being there for me V, I don't know what I'll do without you nowadays. It's like you're the missing piece in my puzzle and I'm glad we found each other."

She whispers, wrapping her arms around my neck, an infectious smile adorning her almost picturesque face as our nose touch and our breaths hit each other.

"...So do I Eve. I'll always be here for you, always and forever..."

I smile and slowly, our lips touch and we delve into a passionate loved filled kiss, the sunlight shimmering on our figures as the wind suddenly whips us, blowing our long hairs everywhere...

The things we do for love...

•☆•

Check out Patreo.n/KingSeyer to read ahead.

5