A Certain Legitimate Daughter’s Enjoyment of Torturing The Male Lead Illegitimate Elder Brother (3)
239 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And the matter about how she fell from the 2nd-floor balcony and got yet another injury, of course, that was premeditated. Her existence was like a fishbone stuck in one's throat. Some people itched to end her life, so they could sleep peacefully at night.

'They have been too impatient lately. Even after planning it for so long, they still failed in the end. How disappointing.'

Ye Ruo wanted to message her temple, but then remembered about her injury. She slowly put down her hand, sighed helplessly.

'But I should really thank them. If it isn't because of this injury, I won't be able to act freely.' 

Shen ZhongMing was a very cautious man. The slightest change in her behavior could easily arouse his doubt. 

'But so what? He can be suspicious of me as he pleased. This body is real. Only the soul had changed. He won't be able to tell anyway.'

Her tensed body become relaxed. She bravely stared at the doctor. Both her eyes were clear and innocent.

Shen ZhongMing furrowed his brows. What he was thinking was unknown, but Ye Ruo was too lazy to pay any attention to him.

'Just a merely E-grade task... The Central System belittled me too much. No matter what methods I use to complete it, the result will always be the same.'

Ah!

She suddenly realized that she almost forgot about one important thing. Most task-takers wouldn't be able to find any loophole, since the Central System had the ability to auto-upgrade and fix itself. But she was lucky enough to actually hit the jackpot.

She found out that the system attached to her had a fatal loophole. And she didn't know why every time it tried to fix it, it would suddenly crashed. The moment the system rebooted, there seemed to be some 'blank' in its database that even the system itself was not aware of.

Many times after this finding, she would use this moment of blankness to 'fool' the system. She didn't know exactly how could she have this kind of ability, but aside from erasing any parts of the storyline, she was able to alter anything she wanted to change.

'This is like using a cheat but what a pity that I can't directly eliminate those two. Especially that little bastard. He is one of the protagonists after all.'

The corner of her lips faintly lifted.

'It will take some time, but I can just treat it as a vacation.'

Although Ye Ruo really wanted to quickly recover her soul, after she thought about it, all this time, she really didn't have the opportunity to play.

'Even a simple part-timer has a day off. But the Central System always forced me to work non-stop. And I am a Rank-S! How unfair!'

Grinding her teeth hatefully inside, she promised herself that this time onwards she would also enjoy a 'good life'...

'Life of an immortal is already so boring as it is. A little bit of fun won't cause any harm.'

The little girl didn't show an unusual reaction. The doctor nodded as he turned off and put the pen flashlight back to his shirt pocket. 

"Miss Shen just injured her head. The painkiller will temporarily ease your pain. But except for dizziness, do you feel any other discomfort? With your legs, maybe? Miss Shen must speak truthfully. After all, your old injuries still need to be checked periodically."

Ye Ruo snickered inside her heart.

'How persistent. Never thought that just a mistress and a little bastard have more influence than me, the daughter of the main wife. Their hands are already so long to even reach into Han family's territory.'

Talking about Han family's members. She seemed to hear them arguing with Shen ZhongMing not long ago. Why she couldn't see even a single of their shadows now? Where did they suddenly disappear to?

Ye Ruo never once doubting her maternal family's sincerity towards her. In the original storyline, Shen Ruo's eldest maternal uncle, the current head of Han family, had been fighting Shen family tirelessly in order to get justice for his deceased younger sister and disabled niece. But in the end, as a member of the cannon fodder league, he was eliminated by the male protagonist. 

After the fall of Han QiuRan, Han family magically went bankrupt overnight. That was the last blow for Shen Ruo. Without her only backing, Shen Ruo was easily crushed by the male protagonist and his mother. She was found died in her bedroom due to overdose.

The mistress then become the legal wife and her bastard son successfully inherited the company and under the influence of the protagonist's halo and his father's care become one of the most promising young businessmen in Y Country.

That was the original storyline. But now, she was here, how could she let them taste the happiness? Especially the happiness obtained from the suffering of others.

'They wanted to play, of course, I would gladly accompany them.' 

Even better, she would play them so hard that they wished they could quickly die...

The usually quiet system 6RD seemed to detect malice from its host. It didn't comment anything, but silently light an incense for those who manage to awaken this embodiment of disaster bringer.

The overly-bored malicious task-taker Ye Ruo showed a bewildered expression. She opened her little mouth to say something, but then hesitate. She threw a few glances at Shen ZhongMing before then shrunk her neck as if very afraid of him.

"I... can't feel both of my legs.", she said with a slightly trembling voice. Her eyes turned red as tears began to well up. She lifted her eyes and stared at the doctor pleadingly.

Acting pitiful to gain people's compassion... 

[Ding! Congratulations to host for unlocking the additional attribute, White Lotus Halo. Activate the additional attribute. Yes/No?]

Ye Ruo : !!

A sudden notification came from 6RD. She was elated and didn't hesitate to choose 'Yes'. No matter what kind of tasks, this additional attribute would always come in handy.

'A great schemer always has a higher chance of survival.'

6RD : ...are you sure? 

[Activating the additional attribute, completed.]

After receiving a power-up, Ye Ruo who became more and more into her role, shakily reached out her tender hands to grab the doctor's coat sleeve. 

"Doctor, I want to see my mother. Why is she not here? I don't know what exactly happened to me but I seem to forget about a lot of things. Every time I try to remember, my head hurts. Doctor, can you please help me to call my mother?"

––––––––––

The eldest young miss of Shen family had an accident. Her current condition was unknown.

That was the rumor circulating in the capital city of Y Country nowadays.

A lady in a white flowery dress sat on a couch while reading the report brought by her assistant. A faint smile adorned her beautiful face. She had willow eyebrows and a pair of soft brown almond eyes. Her brown wavy hair was combed and tied neatly using a white lacy ribbon. Added with her delicate and gentle expression, she was truly a woman that could easily arouse the affection of any men.

"It has been a week...", her voice was like an oriole, but the assistant lowered his head even deeper. A thin layer of sweat appeared on his forehead.

"Her condition is unknown? But what I heard was that not only she is still alive, she also suddenly wants to start practice walking. What a lively little girl, no?"

She put the report back on top of the coffee table. A subtle cold glint flashed in her eyes.

"Three years...", she sighed softly. 

" Three whole years since that stupid woman died. Until now I still regretted it. Regretted... that I failed to send that daughter of hers to the yellow springs to join her."

The lady crossed her slender legs, making the assistant subconsciously gulped. The tip of his ears redden as he heard her soft giggle.

Yan Mei quite liked this young man. Not only he had a handsome face and an eye-catching body, he also very obedient and could easily get embarrassed with just a simple teasing.

"Come here!", Yan Mei hooked her index finger. The assistant promptly lifted his head and saw her red-polished nail. As if losing his soul, he slowly approached her.

Yan Mei licked her rosy lips, coquettishly hooked his neck and slide her finger along his chest, feeling the smooth and warm muscle lines under his neatly ironed shirt.

7