Father-Daughter (POV)
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you sure this is gonna be okay?" Catherine asks her father.

It had been about two weeks since the Dubois studios had come to a formal agreement with Dan and James. The contract had been getting refined over the weeks, and they had all signed the contract yesterday.

Still, the duo had been fully utilizing their connections to get as much help as possible. They had befriended other studio heads, asking them for help with various small tasks they couldn't work on right now. They wanted maximum efficiency to blow the least amount of resources possible. Their studio had been working at full capacity long ago before even the contract was signed as there was so much to do.

This was a risk as the contract wasn't even signed yet, so when it finally was and there were no complications, it caused them a huge sign of relief.

This gave Catherine some degree of gratitude towards Dan and James, slowly getting more comfortable with the partnership. This didn't relieve all of her worries as 1970s Hollywood could be seen as a black hole and any investment was a high risk-low percentage gamble.

The only thing that gave her some degree of assurance was the amazing artwork seen in James' comic. Its picturesque drawings and smooth coloring were something that made her artistic heart feel satisfied, just looking at it felt cathartic.

"Baby, truth be told, I don't know what the future holds, but I'm very excited about what the future holds. Win or lose, at least we tried, and hey, we'll get back on our feet. Trust me, baby, I'd never let us fail without a fight."

"*Sigh*...Okay."

This conversation had been going on many times a day and Rich had to constantly assure his daughter that everything was going to be fine.

James had also had a big influence on convincing her, but he also caused many of their worries.

Such as how he wanted to make a part 2and 3. He also had an idea for another alien movie and he even wanted Arnold Schwarzenegger to play in it. This made them think that maybe he was a bit TOO much of a dreamer. But, when they saw his comics, it made them feel like maybe he knew what he was talking about. They even half wanted to scrap their current idea, so they put James to work on designing props in the art department to take his mind off of making any more comics.

0