{Maximum Efficiency}
48 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 โ€“ {Maximum Efficiency}

{Ghoul's Pov}

Cardinal World, Vramus Forest

Damn, I finally did it. I got uhhโ€ฆ What was it again?

[Internal Force Control]

And, uhhโ€ฆ what does it do?

[It is the act of transporting magicules into what you call "The Stream" and flowing it around your physical body] Companion answered like fucking google all of a sudden.

Huh, that was weird anyways let's try doing that again.

<Internal Force Control> I activated the skill through my mind.

As soon as I activated the skill I felt as if I had suddenly gained a sixth sense and unlocked the famous 3rd person camera used in certain video games, Butโ€ฆ The weird thing about it was that it was an ๐™„๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ก 3rd person camera, So it was bizarre as fuck.

No, it was actually less of 3rd person camera but more of a "Magicule's Pov" camera as my whole perspective was 3rd person camera ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™œ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ช๐™ก๐™š๐™จ, Not just one clump or something ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ก๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ก๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ข๐™–๐™œ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ช๐™ก๐™š๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™๐™ž๐™—๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š.

It was like playing an ant colony game but you experienced ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ that the ant experiences and you can't just set a waypoint for the ants to move in the desired direction or even use the drag-select mechanic in those strategy games, No you have to ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ž๐™ซ๐™ž๐™™๐™ช๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š whilst having to ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ maintain the condition of the colony and to ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ maintain ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ž๐œ๐ญ clarity.

And worst of all I found out that the magicules I moved weren't actually magicule๐™จ but instead 1 ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ช๐™ก๐™–๐™ง unit of magicule the size of an ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ข that only moved for about 1,2 ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™ข๐™š๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ.

As you probably expected, It was rather intense for me who was only a couple of hours old to do all that so I deactivated the skill in an instant.

I collapsed to the ground and clutched my head in pure agony as I let out a spine-rattling screech that reverberated around the cave and announced my suffering to the world.

"Ughhhโ€ฆ It hurts so much- FUCK aghhhhโ€ฆ I'm undead how am I even in pain in the first place? Aren't undead supposed to be immune to pain or something?" I said.

[Yes, But unfortunately undead aren't immune to mental pain so you'll just have to suck it up and be a manly man for now]

Right, Now I know why those fantasy novels kept spouting about talent this, bloodline that, and whatever else kind of biological add-ons a person has to have to wield the mystical powers of magic.

For someone to be an adept magician they'd need to be mentally built different and naturally more gifted than the rest of their kin.

"Is there a skill to make this easier?" I asked.

[There is. Actually, you just got it] Companion revealed.

"What?" I asked.

[It's the <Internal Force Control> skill that you got from moving your magicules around] Companion answered.

"๐“-๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ is considered ea-easy!?" I asked with nervous breaths as my ghoulish jaw opened wide in shock.

[Yep. Welcome to the world of magic, Jackass] Companion said.

"Eat my ass companion" I responded.

[Hells no, I like my meals less rotten and with fewer maggots crawling inside of it] Companion retorted.

Alright, I should just stop complaining and get to work.

-----------------------------------------------------

16 Hours Later...

After some additional mental training, And some brain-raping headaches I was finally able to move dozens of magicule units efficiently using the "push" and "force" schematic.

You might ask "hey Ghoul, what do you mean by that?" well it's simple actually. After some experimenting, I discovered that my simple method of transporting magicules through the stream was tear-jerkingly inefficient.

First of all, Let me explain about "Schematics". Schematics are basically "directions" or "instructions" given by a magic caster to their magicules to perform spells or to simply interact with the magicules without the instinctual guidance of a skill.

This was actually unnecessary for the transportation of magicules but doing it without schematics was way too inefficient. As the regular method was to simply concentrate on a unit of magicule and to "think" or "will" it to move in a certain direction.

The problem with this method was that you had to accurately and vividly simulate the unit's movement and actions in your mind. So unless you could mentally multitask, Your only choice was to move the units individually.

Schematics solves this problem by compressing all that magical mumbo-jumbo into a single word. Basically, You had to memorize "the thinking" perfectly and then do it while at the same time also thinking of a specific word associated with "the thinking".

The result is a mind which subconsciously remembers all "the thinking" when the specific word is mentioned.

For example, if I compress "Units merging and coalescing with nearby units into a single large clump of magicules" as a simple "Fusion" that process would automatically occur every time I concentrate on my magicules and say "Fusion"

Basically, It saves a lot of time and mental energy.

Anyways, my method was to simply concentrate on a singular unit of magicule and then apply the "move" schematic and point it to the desired location.

Unfortunately, Even after all of that, This method is still ๐™›๐™–๐™ง too inefficient for me.

[You're really taking the saying "I'm not settling for anything less than maximum efficiency" to the next level, I mean seriously you could have become the top dog hegemon of this forest with the amount of time you've wasted here, I'm absolutely proud] Companion finally said something after all that silence.

"Huh, Look who decided to speak up," I said.

[Well, I was being all quiet 'cause a disembodied voice in your head that does nothing but wastes your time would do no good when you're busy trying to learn magic] Companion stated.

"Woah, Is Companion actually saying that he's useless!? am I dreaming?" I asked.

[Sorry this sandman lost his sand so you'll have to snap back to reality, bitch. Anyways, You should probably explain about your "Maximum Efficiency" method now] Companion reminded.

Right, My actually efficient...

________________________________________________________

WILL BE EXPLAINED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

;D

Sorry, your author is kinda lazy so you'll have to share this story more for him to adopt a new work ethic.

Fun Fact: A blue whale's cock is about the size of a fully grown horse.

Word count: 1034

ย 

2