Vol. 1 Chapter 030: Konstantin
193 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ferdinand did not read a lot in his previous life. The article that analyzes the weaknesses of human nature is now being used to live and learn, and it seems to work well.

The teachers of the University of Bulgaria, who are now in tears, cannot yet refuse. One can only console oneself that this is a price worth paying for knowing oneself to oppose the dictatorship's tyranny.

It is indeed shameful to recite a review in front of the whole school. But if it's to oppose government tyranny and to keep their friends, even if word gets out, everyone will just give them a thumbs up for their character! After decades, it would be another beautiful story, sacrificing their interests for the sake of fame, and they could not refute it.

If you don't see what Chekhov just said is powerful, his heart is weak because he also took a chance with the change of position and pushed a person over.

It was the famous future Konstantin Stoilov, the future Prime Minister of Bulgaria, the leader of the People's Party.

Not long ago, Konstantin Stoilov, who the government wanted, sought out his old school friend for asylum.

For the sake of friendship, Chekhov took him in. However, he hid him in the university, fearing that he might cause trouble. He was prepared to recommend him to Ferdinand when the storm was over to get rid of the crime.

He didn't expect to get on this place again, and now Chekhov didn't dare to delay any longer. He knew that now the cabinet had gone crazy, and with Konstantin Stoilov caught in the act, it was absolutely fatal.

Since Christmas, no less than a thousand people have been executed by order of Stambolov's cabinet. It was the main reason why Chekhov decided to defect from the Liberals and join Ferdinand.

He has little hope for the future of the Liberal Party. After much time, he still thinks Ferdinand has the most potential. The cabinet can be a few years a term, but the Knyaz can not be changed at will. The base is always solid and immune.

He decided to have an open talk with Konstantin Stoilov, an old classmate whose abilities he recognized.

However, the key to political figures is to take a stand. If Konstantin is willing to stand with himself, then naturally, it is good to talk. If not, then Chekhov can only leave him to fend for himself.

Konstantin's mood is very depressed recently. In order to be safe, he has been staying in a small room stacked with various things for a long time. Even the food is sent to him at night, and he has not gone crazy yet. He is already strong inside.

Seeing Chekhov coming, Konstantin, somewhat agitated and mixed with anticipation, said in rapid succession: "Chekhov, my friend, what brings you here? How is it going outside? Has the storm passed? It must be good news, right!"

Chekhov laughed lightly and joked, "What are you thinking about, now the outside situation is even more chaotic! You know what happened on Christmas Eve. It's not going to pass so easily, the police are busy going around arresting people!"

Konstantin's face paled, and he said with a bitter smile, "Ah, God! When will this shit ever end? Chekhov, you know, I stay in this hellhole every day. I don't even have anyone to talk to, I eat and sleep here, do you smell something?"

Chekhov only now noticed that Konstantin now looked like a rat. The beard and hair were unkempt, and there was a strong odor in the house.

"Oh, God! You are so terribly unlucky! Then let's talk outside, it's terrible here!" Chekhov said with sympathy.

Konstantin was so shocked that he grabbed Chekhov's shoulder and said, "God! What do you mean? I can get out? Didn't you say that the police are arresting me? Now it' s time to go out..."

"Stop, get off me, you fucker! Don't you know how dirty you are right now?" Chekhov scolded.

Konstantin let go of Chekhov and said, "Sorry! I'm just too frantic. You know this hellhole, I don't want to stay a moment longer! But, can I really go out? In case someone sees you, will implicate you?"

Chekhov came out of the house making a grief-stricken face and said, "Oh, God! Poor Konstantin, you must have been strangled in here, and now you are insane!"

Konstantin darted out of the house, took a deep breath of fresh air, and then growled, "Chekhov you son of a bitch! Don't give me the sarcasm, just tell me what's going on?"

Chekhov laughed and said, "All right! For the sake of you being so pathetic, I'll tell you! From today, the police can no longer enter the campus, so it is safe to say that you make your time!"

Konstantin asked impatiently, "Really? Come on, tell me what happened in the meantime?"

Chekhov smiled and said, "The police illegally surrounded the campus this morning. In a fit of rage, His Highness sent the Royal Guard to take over the campus, so it's safe here now!"

Konstantin said happily, "Great, finally we can get out of this hellhole!"

After that, Konstantin went on a rampage in the courtyard, running and roaring madly! A few moments later, Konstantin recovered and went to Chekhov and said gratefully: "Thank you, my friend! I know you must have done a great deal of work in this! Really..."

"Well, we're friends aren't we! You should go take a shower in your current state and get a good night's sleep. I have things to do now, so I'll leave and see you again in a few days!" Chekhov interrupted Konstantin's grateful words.

...

Having ended his conversation with Konstantin, Chekhov knew it was a done deal. Unless he still wanted to go to that shady life, he would never refuse.

Ferdinand, who is still in the palace, does not yet know that Bulgaria's next prime minister is about to defect over. He would have to be in a much better mood now otherwise.

'The Conservative Party and the People's Party are all useless, it's just that they can't beat the Liberals! I can't even provoke them, it's been a few days and still no response!' Ferdinand thought in his heart with sorrow.

In fact, Ferdinand is ready and waiting for the Liberals and Conservatives, and others to go to war to clear all the hidden problems in Bulgaria in one fell swoop.

As a history lover, Ferdinand knows that a bloody crisis always follows every successful reform.

In two lifetimes, Ferdinand did not want to get his hands dirty. He who has experienced the great era of the Internet knows that now as long as the stain is tainted, they will surely scold him later. The gang of publicists does not care what the big picture is or is not.

So for the sake of his own life and name, Ferdinand only allowed the dictatorship of Stambolov's cabinet. Otherwise, he would have stepped in to stop it.

At the end of the day, Ferdinand is still weak at heart. It involves the lives of tens of thousands of people, after all, and he doesn't know if he should stop there.

"Your Highness, the fish have moved!" Hoover came rushing in and said.

"Well, you know of it!" When he finished the layout, Ferdinand calmly said, no emotion, no pain, as if he was beyond the world, where everything had nothing to do with him.

3