Vol. 1 Chapter 060: Planning for the Future
177 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After he solved the biggest migration problem perfectly, Ferdinand took a break from the talks. After all, he is not engaged in diplomacy. It is better to leave the professional things to the professionals. Fooling around more is going to wear out.

It does not mean that Ferdinand does not care about the talks that follow. Quite the contrary, he is too concerned. Consider the history of the Franco-Russian alliance. How long it took to pull the skin off just a military alliance? It took more than three years to get it done afterward.

The Russian-Bulgarian alliance involves many more aspects and hundreds of treaties, large and small, to be signed. Even with group work, the most optimistic estimate is that it will take several months.

Ferdinand did not have so much energy. Now that it was 1891, time was running out, and it was time to start setting up.

After he crossed over, Ferdinand took over the family's intelligence and expanded it, and now it has taken its shape. In the main countries of Europe, at least, have set up a base to pass on the news and guide a small wave of public opinion is not a problem.

But the so-called spy infiltration, Ferdinand, can only be a grin. If he wants to rely on them to inquire about secret information, it is better to rely on family relations to be trusted.

The Saxe-Coburg-Gotha dynasty now at its most glorious era were the royal families are in Germany and Belgium, Portugal, Bulgaria, and the future Edward VII of England.

It is also one of the most powerful families in Europe and the world. These resources are enough for Ferdinand if he does business.

However, Ferdinand is clear that these are not reliable. Once there is a conflict of interest, these ties can not rely on it. The war in Europe, since ancient times, is a civil war between relatives. The Great War is a classic example.

The current intelligence is no longer able to keep up with the needs of Bulgaria's development. As a history fan, Ferdinand is aware of how the Ming Dynasty fell.

As Chongzhen ascended the throne, he abolished the Eastern Depot. It lost the balance of power. The emperor became deaf, the officials were corrupt to the flesh, leading to financial collapse, and finally perished.

What is the Eastern Depot? If you just watch the TV series and listen to the propaganda, the hawks and dogs run the world and exploit the people. It is the weapon of the eunuch party's chaotic politics and is the culprit of the Ming Dynasty's demise.

People who know history know that the duties of the factory guards are equal to the current Independent Commission Against Corruption. They only target officials, no matter whether it is the common people.

Anyway, no matter how they fold, the unlucky are the officials. How is the work done, do not judge, but then they can not remove it!

The government's oversight of officials is gone, so what are you afraid of it? Hurry up and make money! Later, Chongzhen found that something was wrong, once again enabled the Eastern Depot. However, it was already too late. The officials were well prepared.

Ferdinand must naturally learn a lesson; the intelligence groups must be kept in rigid hands.

In history, Bulgaria missed the best chances for expansion and its rise to power, and Ferdinand certainly learned his lesson.

"Hoover, it is now your main work to speed up the infiltration into Ottoman. I don't care if you bully or kidnap and threaten. You must start the process as soon as possible!" Ferdinand thoughtfully said as he invited Hoover.

"Yes, Your Highness! We have already built a base in Ottoman before. I will deploy more elite men to speed up the setup and start the operation as soon as possible!" Hoover said firmly.

"Well, not only that. There is also to be an infiltration of Greece, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, and Romania!" Ferdinand said cautiously.

"Don't worry, Your Highness. We, the Intelligence Unit, will do our best to complete it!" Hoover's face changed slightly. After a while of thinking, he still gave Ferdinand a satisfactory answer.

Seeing Hoover's certain answer, Ferdinand said with some degree of difficulty, "Not only that. You must also send men to North Africa, infiltrate where the British and French forces meet. South Africa is also where the British and German forces meet, emphasizing the Republic of Transvaal and the Orange Free State."

Hoover looked at Ferdinand blankly. His mind had already crashed, secretly thinking: How can His Highness's thought be too far ahead! It's not a problem to infiltrate the Ottoman and Balkan regions. But what about East Africa and South Africa and the two republics. Who knows what the hell they are?

Ferdinand seemed to notice the strange look of Hoover. He also knew that his request, at that time, seemed a bit odd. Without explaining, he asked directly, "What's your problem, Hoover?"

Hoover seemed to realize that he had lost his temper and said, "No! Your Highness, I have no problem with that!"

Ferdinand nodded in content. The head of the intelligence agency does not need to ask why, as long as the order is carried out is enough.

"How long will it take for the intelligence unit to complete my request above?" asked Ferdinand.

Hoover thought for a moment and said, "Your Highness, the most optimal estimate to complete it all would be about ten years! The main thing is that the African region is still as blank as ever for us. There is no ground for it!"

Ferdinand said sternly, "No, before 1896, your Intelligence has to complete its mission!"

He seems to think that the request is too much. He added: "For Africa, just make sure you can do one or two big operations. No need to consider long-term infiltration!"

"It's crucial to have detailed information on the European part of the Ottoman Empire. It includes the rebel forces. You can relax a bit on the Asian part! It is enough to maintain various Balkan countries which can plan several big events!"

"Your Highness, please don't worry. Our intelligence unit will ensure to complete the task!" Hoover thought about it. After lowering the bar, it could still be done if he makes an effort and is assured at once.

"Hmm! Next, you will have your intelligence unit's funding doubled. If you need anything, you can call me! But you must complete this mission!" Ferdinand said cautiously.

"Yes!" Hoover affirmed.

...

Ferdinand has long set the rules. Intelligence units are divided into primary infiltration, only charged with collecting mass information or guide a wave of public opinion. The intermediate infiltration can be engaged in two or three major operations, such as the assassination of terrorists and other attacks. And the last, total infiltration, is long-term infiltration, deep into the local.

At present, only in Bulgaria, the highest level of infiltration is completed. Most of the other regions are primary, with individual areas being intermediate.

After dismissing Hoover, Ferdinand returned his gaze to the nation. The iron must harden itself! The core of a country's strength lies in itself, and the rest support it.

By now, only Ferdinand knew that in 1897 the Balkans would see a big change. The Ottoman Empire will soon face the chaos of the fire. How can Ferdinand not take benefit of it!

In parallel time, the Ottoman Empire was rotten and ethnic conflicts were heated up every day. Under the cruel oppression of the Turkish state, the Armenians began to rebel against the Sultan's rule.

Between 1894 and 1897, a series of massacres of Armenians took place in Turkey, killing more than 100,000 people.

In June 1896, Armenians revolted and took over the Ottoman Bank in Constantinople on August 26. Due to the lack of arms and ammunition, the revolt was quickly defeated by the efforts of the Sultan's army to suppress it.

That was only the biggest of them all. Other ethnic groups of varying sizes also broke out in revolts during this period. Without proper structure, they soon failed.

As if seeing the weakness of the Ottoman Empire, it broke out with an uprising in Crete with Greece's help in 1897.

The Greeks were not wrong. Ottoman was indeed very sick but sadly misjudged his own strength.

With poorly prepared conditions, they hastily launched an attack on Turkey, which was quickly and badly defeated, with the Turkish army attacking all the way to Attica. Greece was forced to concede defeat, and they called a truce after the intervention of the Great Powers!

What was Bulgaria doing at this time in history? Of course, it was busy with political build-up. Everyone was fighting for power and profit. Who cared about foreign countries!

These are still issues that are being solved later. Now Bulgaria's focus is on development. The opening of the railroad "Sobu" also means that Bulgaria's heavy industry can start.

In a few months, they can also open the branch route to the Balkan Mountains. By then, iron ore from the Balkans can be shipped out constantly by rail.

What distressed Ferdinand is that Bulgaria lacks coking coal for steel making and has to import it from Russia, which will indeed be affected in the future.

That again reinforced Ferdinand's resolve to take the Macedonian region. The mineral resources alone would be worth the price of the ticket. After taking the Macedonian region, he can solve the next twenty years, the major source of mineral resources for the industrialization of Bulgaria.

3