Vol. 1 Chapter 063: Checks and Balances
150 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After having sent the mission away, Ferdinand turned his focus back to the country. It was time to prepare for the elections for the National Assembly to be resumed next year. It was a hollow promise he had made, and he certainly could not go back on it.

In Bulgaria, Konstantin does not have the prime minister's status but does the job of one. If there are no surprises, he will be the new prime minister after the next year's parliamentary elections.

Ferdinand did not want the presence of a powerful minister, and checks and balances were a must. Chekhov has ruled out who is honest. Ferdinand can trust him to do his job and forget about playing politics! If not Ferdinand's support, the government takes it for granted now.

Ferdinand thought of a man - Vladimir Ivanov, the current governor of the Vratsa region. He is also a very ambitious person, which is not the point. The point is that he is also competent.

Before that, Ferdinand was ready to put him to the Ministry of Agriculture to take over the work of Yakov Petrinov. Due to the visit of Nikolai in front, the Russian-Bulgarian Alliance came forward, and Ferdinand was too busy to keep up with it. He could now bring the job over.

If they look at the political landscape of Bulgaria, a smart person knows that the interim cabinet is a set-up, and it is solely in Ferdinand's hands.

The three cabinet members: Yakov has no longer cared about things, ran to engage in scientific research; Kliment is a religious person, never cared about things, dispensable; the only one who is still intact is Chekhov, the 'little brother' of Ferdinand.

As long as they do what they are told, the interim cabinet does not matter if they are useless. It is also easier for Ferdinand to seize power and promote his cronies.

For example, when it comes to the promotion of senior government officials, Ferdinand can be decided with a single word, and there is no check and balance.

Ferdinand had promoted Konstantin before, and now he was going to promote Vladimir Ivanov. None of them opposed it, which would have been impossible to imagine had it been during Stambolov's cabinet.

It is no longer the case. These years Ferdinand's position has been consolidated. The Cabinet at the back must do things on their own. Once the project starts, it is too much to do!

Ferdinand did not want to be overworked, nor did he intend to provide a place for powerful ministers to exist. It is a must that the cabinet is expanded.

The historic Konstantin cabinet, known as the most dynamic cabinet in Bulgaria, left them to precisely perform the 2-5 plans.

It was then that one single pie fell on him, namely in the hands of Vladimir Ivanov. For the sake of checks and balances, his post was a minister of agriculture and a minister of industry.

Looking at the letter of consent, Vladimir Ivanov was somewhat in disbelief. He came out as the minister of agriculture, this he knew, and now there was an extra minister of industry, who then came to the royal palace in a daze.

...

"We are meeting again, Vladimir Ivanov!" Ferdinand said with a teasing smile.

"Yes, Your Highness, it's a pleasure to meet you again!" said a thrilled Vladimir Ivanov.

Ferdinand put away his smile and said cautiously, "Well, I guess so! It's not a good deal to drop you at Sofia this time. The Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Industry, the two busiest ministries in Bulgaria in the future, are also the two most important!"

Ferdinand's cautious tone startled Vladimir Ivanov, who then reacted.

'Is this a test? If this is not a better job, is there a better place? Is it a hint to the cabinet? There is no need for the Prime Minister to think about it. All of Bulgaria knows that Konstantin is already set in stone. A cabinet position is also very tempting, at least for me it already is!'

At once, Vladimir Ivanov voted his heart in a firm tone, "Please rest assured, Your Highness. I promise, in the name of God, that I will do the task you have given me, or else let me go to hell!"

It was the first time Ferdinand had met someone who had voted for him in this way. He also knew that people like Vladimir Ivanov were not very modest and would do anything to achieve their goals.

However, this kind of villain in the workplace is often the most relied on by leaders. Ferdinand is no less. At least this kind of villain will be 100% to carry out his orders.

Hearing the promise of Vladimir Ivanov, Ferdinand smiled and said, "Hmm, very well! I hope you will always keep your mind too now and serve Bulgaria with all your strength!"

"Don't worry, Your Highness, I will do it!" replied Vladimir Ivanov in certainty.

Ferdinand nodded in approval and then said, "Okay, then, the next focus of your work is on agriculture. You know that the Bulgarian government currently holds thirty-five percent of the country's land for some reason. I want you to spread mechanized farming gradually on it and promote agricultural reform."

"Not only that, you have to organize farmers to build water irrigation. It includes the spread of cash crop planting and so on! In short, to improve food production, so that farmers increase income, is the scope of your work!"

Vladimir Ivanov was a bit stunned. Shouldn't the focus be on the industry? How come my focus is on agriculture? If he were an actor, he would have said: Director, this script is not correct!

After being sure that Ferdinand was serious, Vladimir Ivanov still quickly adjusted his mind and said convincingly, "Please rest assured, Your Highness. I will focus my next efforts on agriculture and strive to complete the task as soon as possible!"

Ferdinand smiled with content and said, "Of course, you can't relax in the industry too. The main project at the moment is the steel that will be available soon. You can now organize experts for prospecting then choose a site for the steel plant! In this regard, we all have to listen to the experts!"

Vladimir Ivanov pondered for a few seconds. It seems that he has a lot of tasks! But the heavier the job, the more it brings out his value!

And with that, he assured, "Don't worry, Your Highness. I will definitely complete the task!"

Ferdinand looked at Vladimir Ivanov and said, "Well, then, I'll be waiting for your good news!"

In fact, there's a lot more going on at the Ministry of Industry, but it's basically under Konstantin's watch right now, and it's doing a pretty good job.

Ferdinand didn't mention it now as he didn't want to make any extra trouble. Vladimir Ivanov is also smart enough to know that he is new to the country. If he comes up against the future prime minister right away, there will be no good results at all. It is better to wait a little longer. Anyway, after next year's election, Konstantin, who is the prime minister, must also transfer his power!

...

After leaving the palace, Vladimir Ivanov went to report to the government in high spirits.

It seems that there is now no higher position in the government sector than Vladimir Ivanov. While Chekhov was away on a visit, Kliment was holed up in the church every day, and Yakov's base was the research lab.

All the other high government officials were either of equal rank or in even lower positions. Even Konstantin was only of equal status with him. In the short term, he only had to answer Ferdinand, which was indeed good news for Vladimir!

1